Wilbarger County, TX - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Tradition Resources now operates the Fargo Unit. This unit plat of it is dated 1973:

http://www.mineralrightsforum.com/xn/detail/4401368:Comment:242158

I do not know when the unit was created or the lease history of section 33 where the horizontal well is located but I know that across the road to the North of the horizontal well that lease has been HBP since 1937.

Ok, the well is on the very edge of the old Amerada-Hess field so it's probably an existing lease and not a new one. I just assumed (I know) that it was a new lease. Sorry 'bout that.

Pump jack is still running.

I am hearing that the McDuff well is being completed at this time.

Jay,

Thanks for the update.

Clint Liles

Drilling has been completed on Cabot's Byars well. They are getting ready to frac it.

Thanks Susie.

Clint Liles

I heard there was a recent successful oil well near the Red River just across from Tillman county in Ok. Is this the well being discussed most recently in this forum Susie or others?

First time poster. My family has had rights on the Fargo track for at least 50 years. I just got an offer that is 17x yearly production. Is there something going on there? Seems way out of bounds for such an old well. Thanks, Evan

Evan,

Could be that Tradition Resources or some other producer would like to reenter the old well and recomplete it to a horizontal well. They are doing some drilling in the Fargo Field and here is the completion report on the Fargo 1508H well.

http://webapps.rrc.state.tx.us/CMPL/viewPdfReportFormAction.do?method=cmplW2FormPdf&packetSummaryId=60583

Clint Liles

This is BLK 15 in the Fargo Track. I wonder if it would be worth trying to lease it to them instead.

Evan,

Yes I would try to lease it to them or some other producer. Don't be in a hurry to lease it. Possibly in a few weeks other producers/oil companies will be in touch with you and offer you a better lease. This Fargo 1508H well is a good well I would say. The company that made you this offer apparently knows something you don't know. BE PATIENT.

Clint Liles

Can anyone recommend a good company for mineral right title searches? Thanks.

Things seem to be moving so slowly.

Started fracking the Byars well yesterday.

Thanks for the update Susie.

Clint

Evan -

When they lease your land, you can include a provision where they have to provide you with any Title Run Sheets and Title Opinons covering your land. That would be for free.

How much land do you have?

Hope this helps -

Charles

There's a Oil and Gas Lease Seminar for land owners at the Wilbarger County exhibit building tonight at 7:00 PM.

Better late than never.

Thanks IDT.

Clint Liles

IDT, who is holding (sponsoring) the seminar?

The speaker is Judson Fambrough, who is an attorney for the Texas Real Estate Center. It's sponsored by Wilbarger County Ag Extension Service and Wilbarger County Farm Bureau.

This is from The Vernon Daily Record newspaper (Sunday edition).