- Information Sharing and Customer Choice
- Information Collection and Use
- Confidentiality and Security
Information Sharing and Customer Choice
MineralRightsForum.com allows search engines such as Google, Bing and others to index its contents, which means that any information submitted via this site is subject to public view. Search engines are a large part of how people find MineralRightsForum.com, and are thus a crucial factor in what makes MineralRightsForum.com valuable. We consider all personal contact information posted by Users within forum posts as spam and is subject to deletion without notice (see User Policy). The default privacy settings on MineralRightsForum.com allow your blog posts and profile to be publicly viewable. Feel free to adjust your privacy settings as you see fitting for yourself.
Occasionally MineralRightsForum.com may communicate with you regarding products and services that we feel may be of interest to you. MineralRightsForum.com may send special offers and updates, newsletters, and service-related announcements. Only MineralRightsForum.com will send you these communications. We will provide you clear instructions on how to opt-out. Generally, you may not opt-out of service-related announcements which are not promotional in nature.
Information Collection and Use
MineralRightsForum.com collects personal information from you when you choose to share it with us. Our goal is to provide you with great services and a customer-friendly experience.
If you choose to tell a friend about our site, we will ask you for your friend’s name and email address. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the site.
- Fulfill your requests for products and services, and improve our services.
- Remind us of who you are on return visits. This cookie is set when you first visit the MineralRightsForum.com Web site.
- Estimate our audience size and measure traffic patterns. If you are uncomfortable having a cookie placed on your system, you may elect to turn off the cookie or delete existing cookies in your browser. If you turn off or delete the MineralRightsForum.com cookie, you may not be able to receive special offers.
Confidentiality and Security
We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide services to you. In certain areas MineralRightsForum.com uses industry-standard SSL encryption to protect data transmissions.
Further Details Below
We collect information from you when you register on our site and gather data when you participate in the forum by reading, writing, and evaluating the content shared here.
When registering on our site, you may be asked to enter your name and e-mail address. You may, however, visit our site without registering. Your e-mail address will be verified by an email containing a unique link. If that link is visited, we know that you control the e-mail address.
When registered and posting, we record the IP address that the post originated from. We also may retain server logs which include the IP address of every request to our server.
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience — your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.
- To improve our site — we continually strive to improve our site offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To improve customer service — your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To send periodic emails — The email address you provide may be used to send you information, notifications that you request about changes to topics or in response to your user name, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information.
We will make a good faith effort to:
- Retain server logs containing the IP address of all requests to this server no more than 90 days.
- Retain the IP addresses associated with registered users and their posts no more than 5 years.
Yes. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow). These cookies enable the site to recognize your browser and, if you have a registered account, associate it with your registered account.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our site, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our site. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Our site, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older. If this server is in the USA, and you are under the age of 13, per the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act), do not use this site.
This document is CC-BY-SA. Updated 12-6-17 - KED