Update on Eagle Ford Shale

The property where I have mineral rights is in Live Oak county and I was wondering what the going price for a lease bonus and royalty percentage might be. Does anyone have any recent experience on lease bonus payments?

Lease Bonuses really are dependent on a lot of things in South Texas. I have heard people signing for $1200.00 with a 25% royalty for all depths. A few months ago, a gentleman in Webb county signed for $250.00 an acre and 25% royalty, but that was only for the shallows. If you are in a prime area, and have all depths open, then I’m sure the bonuses are far north of 1200.00 by now. If you are just now being approached, then you are probably out of the “prime” area. However the “Prime” area keeps expanding. If you know of anyone in Webb County that has open acreage, please let me know. My firm will pay top dollar for their lease.

It does depend on whether you are in the gas/condesate window or in dry gas window. If the latter, the lease value will be much less due to the poorer economics for gas. While a 25% royalty is possible, it also depends on the activity around your acreage and the overall size of the mineral acreage that you have. Where are the minerals and what size of acreage do you have??

Our property is listed as Refugio County School Land Co. Survey #7, A-397. It consists of a pool of 290.7 acres. Our last lease expired in April from Milagro Exploration but they only drilled down to the Austin Chalk formation. Even so, their production was consistent which leads me to believe that there is even more hydrocarbons available in the source rock of the Eagle Ford Shale. Whether the product is in the gas/condensate window or dry gas window, I wouldn’t know (I don’t have that information in front of me).

It looks like the land is in the dry gas window of the Eagle Ford play. Not much activity is taking place because of low gas prices so I wouldn’t expect to see anything above $1,000 per acre at this time. As the play develops, there may be more information on nearby wells which may make your acreage more attractive to interested lessors.

Rusty Ferguson said:
Our property is listed as Refugio County School Land Co. Survey #7, A-397. It consists of a pool of 290.7 acres. Our last lease expired in April from Milagro Exploration but they only drilled down to the Austin Chalk formation. Even so, their production was consistent which leads me to believe that there is even more hydrocarbons available in the source rock of the Eagle Ford Shale. Whether the product is in the gas/condensate window or dry gas window, I wouldn't know (I don't have that information in front of me).

Any idea on how active Leon County, Tx is, in the Eagle Ford play?

Marshall Diamond-Goldberg said:
It looks like the land is in the dry gas window of the Eagle Ford play. Not much activity is taking place because of low gas prices so I wouldn't expect to see anything above $1,000 per acre at this time. As the play develops, there may be more information on nearby wells which may make your acreage more attractive to interested lessors.

Three acres, Lavaca County, with companies contacting us quarterly about what sounds lke simple mineral rights to oil. Randy

Only in North Dakota, not Texas.

HI all, through inherritance, I own 1/3 of 1/3 of 1/2 interest in rights for approximately 1,000acres in Atascosa County, Tx. We signed a lease (3 years) with renewal rights on our interest last 12/09. no biggie, been through this before.

We have now received two letters from Texas based financial planners asking assitance for wealth planning _ha however this last letter referenced that I am a royalty owner in Eagle Ford Shale-news to me.

Any thoughts? I researched Eagle Ford and it does appear quite active in that area. Thanks in advance,

What area on Atascosa County is your property located? Certain areas of this county are pretty hot.

Clay Wommack said:

HI all, through inherritance, I own 1/3 of 1/3 of 1/2 interest in rights for approximately 1,000acres in Atascosa County, Tx. We signed a lease (3 years) with renewal rights on our interest last 12/09. no biggie, been through this before.

We have now received two letters from Texas based financial planners asking assitance for wealth planning _ha however this last letter referenced that I am a royalty owner in Eagle Ford Shale-news to me.

Any thoughts? I researched Eagle Ford and it does appear quite active in that area. Thanks in advance,

Would you be willing to sell your mineral acreage?

jehhydrocarbons@gmail.com

Clay Wommack said:

PLEASE FOLKS!! I understand the excitement of your possible windfall of “found money” and I realize all the freedoms and possibilities that may be provided to you by these, but before you make YOUR decision please watch the documentary “Gas Land”…… Thank You

Steve,

Quit drinking the kool-aid and stop trying to sell it here. Gasland is a load of BS and if you believe that crap you might as well assume Oliver Stone is a historian and not a film maker. The facts in Gasland have been completely refuted by several government organizations. See here for the response from the COGCC:

http://cogcc.state.co.us/library/GASLAND%20DOC.pdf

If you want to sell that hippie propaganda, I suggest you grab your banjo and hop in a VW bus en route to San Fran. The people here are hard working Americans that want to see their energy produced, purchased and used from and in the USA. Isn't that better than giving it to the America hating countries to the east?

If anyone is concerned about their water, add a water well testing provision to your lease. If you don't trust the operator, call the COGCC. They will test it for you for free. Yes...free!

In closing, I would like to say God bless the USA which is the ONLY country in the world that minerals can be owned by private everyday Joes like you and me. That's a fact.

Steve said:
PLEASE FOLKS!! I understand the excitement of your possible windfall of "found money" and I realize all the freedoms and possibilities that may be provided to you by these, but before you make YOUR decision please watch the documentary "Gas Land"..…
Thank You

I’m with you Phase Dos, God Bless America, we are truly Blessed! We need more drilling here in America and we need to stop sending our money overseas! I wish there were more EFS drilling in Hallettsville (Lavaca County)! Hopefully soon! Have a great day, all!

Phase Dos said:

Steve,

Quit drinking the kool-aid and stop trying to sell it here. Gasland is a load of BS and if you believe that crap you might as well assume Oliver Stone is a historian and not a film maker. The facts in Gasland have been completely refuted by several government organizations. See here for the response from the COGCC:

If you want to sell that hippie propaganda, I suggest you grab your banjo and hop in a VW bus en route to San Fran. The people here are hard working Americans that want to see their energy produced, purchased and used from and in the USA. Isn't that better than giving it to the America hating countries to the east?

If anyone is concerned about their water, add a water well testing provision to your lease. If you don't trust the operator, call the COGCC. They will test it for you for free. Yes...free!

In closing, I would like to say God bless the USA which is the ONLY country in the world that minerals can be owned by private everyday Joes like you and me. That's a fact.

Steve said:
PLEASE FOLKS!! I understand the excitement of your possible windfall of "found money" and I realize all the freedoms and possibilities that may be provided to you by these, but before you make YOUR decision please watch the documentary "Gas Land"..…
Thank You

I see Steve is still on his crusade with “Gas Land”. Being around production wells all my life “Gas Land” is nothing more than a mere piece of propaganda. How sad that people are so gullible. As suggested Steve, do some educational research. “Gas Land” is not the place to start.

P Cook said:

I'm with you Phase Dos, God Bless America, we are truly Blessed! We need more drilling here in America and we need to stop sending our money overseas! I wish there were more EFS drilling in Hallettsville (Lavaca County)! Hopefully soon! Have a great day, all!

Phase Dos said:

Steve,

Steve said:
Thank You

we have mineral rights ten miles south of nordheim or a little sew of weedsatche we have three wells iss this in the eagleford play also we have land andf minetral rights in colorado county off I10 on the east side of weimar, is this in the eagleford play

nancy peterson said:

we have mineral rights ten miles south of nordheim or a little southwest of weedsatche tx we have three wells is this in the eagleford play
also we have land and mineral rights in colorado county off I-10 on the east side of weimar, is this in the eagleford play

http://mysoutex.com/view/full_story_landing/12389683/article-Do-it-yourself--Oil-Well-Drilling-?instance=karnes_regional_news

http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/o/676/p/dia/action/public/?action_KEY=6211&tag=TXOGAPemail

Drilling industry continues attacks
on Texans' property rights

Tell the Railroad Commission: don't change Rule 37

Under Rule 37, the Texas Railroad Commission allows minerals you own to be taken from you -- even if you do not lease them.

Intended to allow drilling in certain limited cases where the mineral owner can't be found, it's a bad idea as it stands.

The Railroad Commisson wants to make it worse.

TAKE ACTION

Click here to tell the Texas Railroad Commission not to allow drillers to violate our property rights!

It has tentatively approved a change to Rule 37 that would allow a driller to take your minerals, without your consent or payment, so long as they notify you after the fact.

Obviously (to everyone except the Commission) this violates a number of bedrock American principles, like the right of a citizen to be compensated for takings of property.

As a mineral owner, at a minimum you should have the right to:

• Decide when/if you want to lease your minerals

• Decide who to lease your minerals to

• Defend your decisions in court

TAKE ACTION: act by Tuesday, March 22nd
Tell the the Texas Railroad Commission how you feel about Rule 37 and their proposed changes NOW.

We have 1600 acres in the Encinal area…what is the going lease rate…I have been told 1500 to 2000 an acre…may be putting it up for lease soon…look forward to your reply

I’ve recently been in touch with Burns Land Co. to broker a deal. Does anyone have any experience with this company?