Pecos County, TX - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

I am looking to purchase a piece of Land in Pecos County Texas located at 491 10 H&GN SEC 45. and had a couple of questions and would really appreciate any opinion regarding a few questions.

1. Is this located in an area of potential interest for Oil Exploration?
  2. How can I ensure with certainty that all Oil and Mineral Rights are being transferred?
  3. If the Deed has a statement like "Excepting certain subsurface mineral rights of record, but without rights to surface entry." would that pose a problem when leasing the land. The Seller claims that Oil and Mineral Rights are included and states as such in the Real Property Transfer Declaration.
Thanks a lot for your help.

RR-

Get a title search to confirm you are getting 100% of the minerals. The language you quoted is likely trying to warn you they are not warranting the seller owns 100% of the minerals. Red flag.

Thanks Wade. I contacted a Title Company and they mentioned they do not insure mineral interests. Do you have any suggestions of a title company that does?

I do not know if there is a title company that offers a rider such as this. Check your purchase contract for deadlines to object to the warranty exclusion they are trying to put in.

Thanks Wade

Without any communication whatsoever, my brothers each receive a lease today conveniently marked with “sign here” post it noted covering three contiguous sections in Pecos count. If we would just sign the three year lease and two year option agreement, they would send us a bonus payment.

I would like to know about activity in and around Pecos County and what rumored terms are being whispered. If you would prefer to discuss this in person, i can be reached during the day at .

Thanks for any thoughts and suggestions.

Doug Archer

Doug-

Lot's of activity, especially northwest Pecos County. Look at the Permits thread above to get an idea, plus the older pages of this thread.

There is also a video on the Home page of this site that shows you how to navigate the RRC website and check for surrounding permitting, production, and completion activity.

Where do I go to do a Pecos county mineral search myself?

Every time I enquire about land the owners tell me they don't know themselves if it has minerals. Surely there is a way to find out this information without paying others to search.

James, Clarify, please. A search for leasing, permitting, drilling, production, or what exactly? Thanks.

A search for mineral rights ownership.

I would go to the courthouse.

James, Stephen is correct.

I own 42 net mineral acres in Section 107, Block 8, H&GN Ry Co. Survey. My interest in this section is currently unleased. Does anyone know what's going on in this area of Pecos County? Is there any active leasing going on?

I have property west of Ft. Stockton. I was contacted by a company that wants an easement for an electric line and a 6 inch gas line Each easement would be 30 feet. They are offering $25 per rod for each of the lines. Does anyone know whether $25 is the current going rate?

Hello...I am looking to lease and/or buy 5-10 acres of land, preferably off a major highway or county road for the purpose of possibly obtaining a permit for a saltwater disposal well. Three (3) phase nearby would be a huge plus. Please text/call Tim Terry at 512-791-2499

Hi All, We are in the Glass Mountains, South Pecos County. An old appraisal report pointed out that the Herndon Drilling Corp. No. 1-A Allison, in NW/4, Section 10, Blk 2, T.C. RY drilled 4/14/1978 had TD 5761' Wolfcamp. The Wolfcamp Top was 1620', so we know it is over 4141' thick, they plugged back to 2650' and had Initial Potential Flowed 91 BOPD--It has a lot of parafin, so hard to deal with back then, but would think today, could run some short laterals, inject some CO2, and go in multiple depths, and in multiple directions. In 1978 not much lateral being done. The old logs on Walker, Fulk, Moore, Langraf, Oliver, Appell probably show exactly how deep these various formations are. On my wife's trusts acreage, they show Wolfcamp, and other shales to be several thousand feet thick. The fact that formations were fractured means laterals may not be as long, but probably as cost effective, if not more so, to drill four laterals from same bore 1/2 mile long surrounding the bore, as one lateral two miles long--and a lot easier to frack, and if have 4,000' should be able to stimulate some circulation between different laterals, if done at different depths. Anyone know where this is being done?

Thanks in advance. Mike

All of the wells in your area have a very large amount of CO2 and the cost to treat the gas to take out the good methane and sequester the CO2 is more than the actual value of the CO2 and Methane. OXY and Sandridge built Century for a little over a billion and that is the plant that does all of the processing. When gas prices get better or if someone finds a way to extract the oil more efficiently that far south you may see some activity but it will probably be later than sooner.

Brian,

Thanks for the information. As a point of clarification, the deep wells have CO2 in them. However, I do not believe it was the Wolfcamp shale formation that has the CO2. Certainly it did not in the Allison No. 1A cited in the earlier post--someone more knowledgeable than I am, can check the logs, and perhaps get samples, to see.

Make it a great day.\

Mike

I just looked into the section and Softvest LP leased to CHI Energy the beginning of last year. I'll let you know if they do anything.

I have owned acreage in Pecos County since 2006 and have 100% mineral right ownership. I haven't even been monitoring these acres closely because I have a lot going on with other parcels that I own especially in Culberson County,TX. Can anyone PLEASE inform me what wells(if any) are operating near and/or on my land? 509 Block 10 H and GN Section 81 Lot 12 W/2 NE/4 SW/4. I need someone to answer that really is aware of Pecos County and well activity. Thank you so very much. Sincerely,Steve