Pecos County, TX - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Closest oil well activity to this location in Pecos County, TX ?:

509 Block 10 H and GN Section 81 Lot 12 W/2 NE/4 SW/4

Thank you so very much, the information would be greatly appreciated.

Steve

Hello Steven,

From this RR Commission GIS Map I don't see any activity in the area of your minerals.

GIS Map of Pecos County A-509/Section 81/Block 10:

Clint Liles

Good Morning DM,

I see oil and gas wells in most every direction from your acreage in Section 21 but no production in your Section. The nearest production i see is a gas well newt door to the East in A-618.

Link to gas well API 371-34399:

http://webapps2.rrc.state.tx.us/EWA/drillingPermitDetailAction.do?methodToCall=searchByUniversalDocNo&universalDocNo=256233&rrcActionMan=H4sIAAAAAAAAAL1QwU7DMAz9mnGM4qQd28GHCsGZjYkdqh2yNuoipU3lpAKkfjxuEdLoOO-U5-eX52ePICWqESQgPBBVRZVc6PYV1aU84cx_2LPp-6gEt0VMJlmRPsUQV7rYSFYoXKmX52PBUE-wJue965pXS61LcTdY-vqxFXVgUYatTZdQH8KT8Z6JHMmmgbpDeLOGqgtTG5Q3aco4dwtqougNmfbd-MHOITmDfgSd6e12qnI828Z18ejSZMZuf2pQi_pavxgL9ztC_F1-jb1pLF0t-e9F4FQudVNYhFEhyFEzyFCOOb9rJm5_3-We3-GqP6phAgAA

RRC Public GIS Map of Pecos County A-620/Section 21/Block 2 and surrounding area:

Clint Liles

Are most of the wells in Pecos County producing natural gas

or oil at present and how much is oil per barrel and gas per mcf?

Steven,

After checking the GIS Map I would say that possibly 60% of the wells in Pecos County are gas wells. Just my opinion.

Link to todays oil and gas prices:

http://www.oil-price.net/

Clint Liles

There is a lot of activity up near the Reeves County line and the production is primarily oil.

I recently visited Reeves and Culberson Counties back in mid-Dec '14 and the majority of all the wells were right around the ghost town of Orla at intersection of 62 and 285. The wells were also more densely populated ( smaller spacing between wells ) in this area also.

As of late 2014(Sept-Oct),natural gas production far outweighed oil production(barrels) in Pecos County.Only a few hundred thousand barrels produced from ALL wells yet millions of mcf natural gas with Kinder Morgan Production Co's Yates Field Unit being main producer of both.

To anyone familiar with the area::

Is there any activity near Block 10 Section 81 in Pecos County?

( 509 10 H AND GN SEC 81 LOT 12 W/2 NE/4 SW/4 )

Thank you if you have an informative answer. Sincerely,Steve.

Steven,

Shows to be alot low producing vertical wells to the west of you a couple of miles. Looks a little quiet for now.

I am looking to lease 5-10 acres of surface land for the purpose of possibly establishing an SWD. Payment of royalties are also involved. Preferably off HWY 285 & 1450, south of Pecos, and willing to review other locations as well....call/text 512-791-2499. Thank you.

We own mineral rights in Sections 21 and 27, and currently are receiving royalties from Apache. Recently, we've received a serious offer to sell those mineral rights.

Does anyone know what's going on and why there is strong interest in Section 27 and Section 21, Block 48, Township 8, T&P Ry. Co. Survey, Pecos County at this time? Many thanks, Anne

Anne - There's nothing going on in those sections at this moment but that area holds promise for the future. There have been some good wells in your neighborhood recently.

Anne - I would be happy to visit with you regarding Pecos County Minerals. We are very active in Pecos County. I sent you friend request.

Mark

Can anyone recommend an independent mineral rights assessor who has at least 10 years experience assessing in Pecos County?

Also, is there a specific name for the gas and/or oil reserves located in Pecos County? Many thanks for your help!

Is current technology available and would it be profitable for the oil and gas industry to drill deeper on older, existing wells to access additional gas/oil reserves?

Is there any recent activity in Block 10 Section 81? ( 509 10 H&GN SEC 81 LOT 12 W/2 NE/4 SW/4 )

I have heard there's a lot of low production vertical wells just a few miles to the west from there.Anyone familiar with the area or drilling anywhere near this location?

Thanks for any input.Sincerely,Steven Harrison

Does anyone know what activity is going on in blk 49? I have 3 1/2 sections on Pecos/Reeves county line.

A lot. COG and Thompson are drilling actively in the area although there is some pullback due to prices.

Any activity in BLOCK 10 SECTION 81 ?

( 509 10 H&GN SEC 81 LOT 12 W/2 NE/4 SW/4 )

There seems to be a lot of low production vertical wells just a few miles to the west of this area !

Anyone familiar with this location and exactly what's going on? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Steve