Pecos County, TX - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

DM, I too am getting calls but they are looking for an option which seems to tie me down while they can market a spread and flip the lease? what are you being offered?

I am looking for approximately 5-10 acres of land for the possibility of placing a commercial disposal well....does anyone know any surface rights owners that may be interested? Call me, 512-791-2499

Clint: Just read where Devon hit nice Woodford well in Pecos. Any idea where?

Steve,

I have no idea. Possibly someone that lives in that area will chime in. Congratulations go out to Devon and the mineral owner.

Clint Liles

I think the Devon well you guys are talking about is just outside Pecos, TX located in Reeves county.

Wells Fargo Securities reports a big gusher in Pecos County Wolfcamp. Tested at 1,322 BOE (95% oil) located 10 miles SW of Ft. Stockton in Leon Valley, drilled by PT Petroleum> almost 50 miles south east of current wolfcamp drilling in Reeves County, expands boundary of Wolfcamp

Thanks Jack!

Does anyone have information concerning the legal description (Block, Section, etc.) of location of the well drilled by PT Petroleum that Jack Deaton referred to?

jdub,

I've checked back to January 1 2012 and don't find a permit issued to any P T Petroleum to drill in Reeves County.

Clint Liles

jdub,

The only P. T. Petroleum Co./Corp. I could come up with is in Lawrence, New York.

Clint Liles

Clint:

Thanks for your response. In Jack Deaton's Sunday, Sept. 1, 2013 posting about Wells Fargo Securities reporting a "big gusher"drilled by PT Petroleum, I believe Jack was saying that this well was in Pecos County.

jdub

jdub,

I've checked back to January 1 2012 and find no permits for Wells Fargo Securities or P T Petroleum in Pecos County. If we had a Lease Name/Well Name or API # that would help.

Clint Liles

Clint & Jack:

Thanks for the attempt, Clint. Jack, would have any further info on the legal description (Block, Section, etc. in Pecos County) ..... or a Lease Name/Well Name or API#? Also curious - where did you find the info. about the Wells Fargo Securities report?

jdub

jdub,

Check this out:Gusher in Pecos County...........

http://www.ugcenter.com/Permian-Basin/Gusher-Pecos-County-Expands-Bounds-Horizontal-Wolfcamp-South_121440

Clint Liles

You are looking for Cunning Wolf UL. 42-371-39028

Brian,

Thanks for the help.

jdub,

No completion report yet. May be months before we see completion report. Link to drilling permit:

http://webapps2.rrc.state.tx.us/EWA/drillingPermitDetailAction.do?methodToCall=searchByUniversalDocNo&universalDocNo=487465082&rrcActionMan=H4sIAAAAAAAAAMVQy07DMBD8mnK0_EhKOOwhquDMo6KHqAc3sVJLThytHQGSP551EFJJOcNpZ2fHo_EkwTnIJLgAcYPY1m20fnxusWv4ERb-zZz0NAXJ6MxC1NGw-M7msFF1xUkhYSMf7g81QZVhh9Y5O_aPBgcbw9Ns8OPLlnWeRAUMJp59t_c77RwRJaCJM457_2I0tmeiKuBXaZqwXGvsA5s06uFVu9ksISmDuhXqjssqbwr4MovMZlDCyfR2DAcbszvZ_9iFXO2X-lUO8XethO82tjDp3uDFr3-tSBybtS6HBZEkCJ4UgQJ4Kmluibh-

_T8FfwJuPJTGgwIAAA

Clint Liles

Not trying to throw cold water, but wait for the completion report. I have seen several well reports by penny stock companies that were greatly exaggerated. For example, they take the first 2-3 days production and report it when the 30 day IP is quite bit lower.

Thanks to everyone for their thoughts and info. Much appreciated. Anyone know what, if anything, is going on around Block O.W, Section 78 and Block 10, Section 1 of Pecos County?

jdub

Cunning Wolf,

From my records, it appears that a production test of the Wolfcamp lateral tested over 2000 bopd calculated. However the test was compromised by unusual pressures in the casing. A later test flowed 1256 bopd and 400 mcf with some water in a 24 hour test. This is about a 4000' lateral that was fraced.

Looks like a good well but I wouldn't rely upon anything until 12 months of production has been sold. This well is in a huge field and their could easily be communication between the pay zones from past drilling or just geologic communication. I find it strange that PT didn't take the original permit.

Gary,

Thanks for the info. Sounds like a keeper.

Clint Liles