Payne County, OK - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Greetings,

I’ve noticed some discussion of north Payne county. I own minerals and live on Section 14, Township 20N, Range 4E. Seismic crews are knocking on the door weekly. Please offer thoughts on what kind of drilling (horizontal?) operations are likely in this area. The nearest actual drilling and what kind of spacing to expect if drilling occurs. What should I charge a seismic company for cooperation?

Thanks in advance,

According to the Oil Registry there are currently 20 wells being drilled in Payne county.

I know they went to court to force pool Township 18 Range 3E, Section 10. I hope that means they’re going to start drilling before too long, especially since Gary mentioned the drilling heading towards the Payne/Pawnee line!

Barry the registry is a good source but they must relie on the Oil Companies reporting their completions in a timely manner, which they are not, so the 24 wells you see on the registry are drilling or have been completed, not reprted over the last year. As on last Friday the USA rig count shows 3 rigs drilling in Payne county at the current time.

How timely are they. Having talked with the landman at Calyx I’m not sure that 3 is a correct number.

The main problem is that the Corporation Comm. does not require the Oil and Gas companies to report their completions. The USA rig count is pretty close unless a company does not send in their weekly report. Access that list at www.drillingahead.com and click under USA rigs

AS of this morning there are 24 wells currently being drilled in Payne county.

I just checked the Owner Registry and they’re drilling on T18 R3 E Sec10. That’s the only place we have in Payne County that they’re drilling on but there are several others listed.

I received and email from the Landman and he said that their company has two horizontal drilling rigs and one vertical, plus a couple smaller ones. They are all drilling 24 hours a day and move a rig every 10 -12 days.

Thanks Barry. There are white trucks with signs on the doors everywhere on the section lines where I live. While running today I saw at least 5 which is a definite increase. I’m waiting on a counter offer from a seismic company and I surmise that money equals real interest. Rumor has it that a horizontal well will be drilled at the intersection of Westpoint Rd. and VFW Rd, but that is just pickup to pickup talk on the section lines.

The company with our leases told us in Oct that they have scheduled 20 wells for the next 12 months. 18N-03E sec 25 is number 12 on their list.

Currently, I have an offer to lease my minerals in Payne county, Oklahoma. These minerals have been leased consecutively by different landmen/oil companies over the past 6 years. I know there is drilling activity nearby and they are producing oil. So, since I have this current offer is it okay for me to solicit another landman or oil company to bid his best bid and see who offers the higher and/or better lease?

Has anyone heard if the well in Sec. 11 is producing?

Oops…I forgot the township…Sec. 11- T 17.

I’ve seen several intent to drills for Noble county.

Need to know the range.

Hmmmm? The rig was taken down a few weeks ago and the last I heard a week or 2 ago was that fracing was going to begin…

thank you for the info!

Range 4E

So far Section 5 is the only one in 17-04E that I can find that has drilled. There is a intent to drill for section 4. I did find a March 24 listing of intent to drill by Calyx Energy for section 11.

That would fit they’re 3 to 4 week rig move.