Payne County, OK - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

I would like to share a note about “Mud Farming”. J&L are terrible at keeping their word about restoration, and very S L O W to pay. This is from personal experience with them working for Devon on 18 18 3E. Just a word to the wise. Nail them down and cut them no slack as they will jerk you around terribly. We own land and minerals and it has been a nightmare to say the least.

I was looking forward to trying to lease my small acreage in Sec 32 (same section as Fairgrounds), but after reading Stan’s summary of his experience, I’m not so sure I want them in my neighborhood. If I avoid J&L, who is the alternative?

Per the oil registry there are about 13 oil companies drilling in Payne county.

Barry www.ownerregistry.com website has been well worth the cost of it for me, but do you realize that they only report well completions after the completion report has been filed by the major oil companies with the OCC and that could be up to a year or more.According to the weekly USA rig count, www.drillingahead.com there is only one rig currently drilling in Payne County.

I’ve also found the owner registry to be fairly accurate. A well came in on one of our leases last July and we got the first check the end of February which I understand is about how long it takes to get the paper work in order. I think it’s well worth the membership dues.

Barry,

Do you know the website for the oil registry?

Thanks

Richard have you checked it lately? Their listing start and completion dates as well as depth, oil qty, gas qty. It’s fairly accurate within a couple of months. We just saw well completion in a section near our lease and it was posted on the site. I know the information has delays, but it’s close.

Thanks for the info.

I am looking for info concerning a well that was permitted in Sec. 12-18N-3E (Tucker No. 5) southeast of Stillwater. Does anyone know the status of this well?

The OIl Registry shows 2 wells completed in that section. Both by Cher Oil Company. One completed 12-30-11, the other 5-24-12. I didn’t find anything in the current intent to drill notices.

We have mineral rights in that section. They listed May 2nd to start drilling. Haven’t heard any more right now. The last three wells that Calyx drlled in the area produced 292 to 496 barrels per day.

Thanks Barry. Hopefully this will turn out to be a good one for all of us owners.

Has anyone heard of any plans for drilling in Sec. 25-18N-3E? I received notice of the pooling request hearing, but nothing since then. I did not find any permits being issued as of today.

I had written to Calyx to find the status of my lease at 24-18N-3E. I got this reply from their agent Universal Land Services: " The well has been drilled. At this time, we have not been informed that it is fully producing. As soon as we are provided with the information of production you will receive a division order in the mail which you will need to sign and return to us. At that point you will know that the well is producing." Just an FYI for others that may have an interest in this area.

Well Completion: Devon Energy Production Co. LP; Elinore No. 1-18H Well; SW1/4 SE1/4 SE1/4 SE1/4 (SL) of 18-18N-03E; 64 barrels oil per day, 88,000 cu-ft gas per day; TD 9,284

Read more: http://newsok.com/oil-and-gas-livestock-prices-for-aug.-16/article/…

Calyx Drilled Section 24 & 25 from the same pad. One well went north into section 24 and the other went south into section 25. They are in the process of completing all necassary plumbing hook ups at this time. No date for production yet.

Most of the wells that they’ve drilled have ranged from 269 to 496 barrels per day.

This is good news Barry since I own an interest in Sec. 25. Thanks for the info.

Does anyone have any information about Sec. 10 T 18 N R 3 E? Calyx has been drilling there for a while but I’m in Alabama so I don’t have a clue as to what’s going on!

I just received a division order for the area I mentioned below…I guess that answers my question!