Payne County, OK - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

I’ve been told that they have to give a two week notice before they drill. I’ve received a pooling order, which usually means they will drill soon.

Here’s another interesting site my brother found in case you didn’t already have it:

http://okcountyrecords.com/

Thank you. Looks like a good idea for anyone who may have leases they inherited or don’t know about. Costs $35 a year. Site registers you for oil company searches, and allows you to search for drilling activity in your area also.

When I first signed up, I found mineral rights I didn’t know I had. It was well worth the money. I got another letter to buy the mineral rights I have that are in the area where they just drilled the well. Since no one ever mentioned a well had been drilled before I called, I went back and checked and it had shown up on the owners registry…I just didn’t realize I owned anything there. Now that I’ve got my paper work together…I put each area in its own file, I can use the registry and the activity it lists much better. Definitely worth the money for me.

Tulsa World list all of the intent to drill and completions. There’s been drilling in sections 5, 4, 13, 24, 28. Some are recent and some are a couple years ago.

I don’t don’t have access to the Tulsa World, Barry, so I was wondering if you perhaps have seen anything about activity in 18N 3E Sec. 10? Last I heard, the pooling order had been granted but I haven’t heard about any drilling activity. If anyone else knows anything I’d be grateful. Thank you!

Tulsa World is accessible on the web. Check under Energy and look for Oklahoma oil & gas drilling. It shows up about once a week. I got a pooling order the other day on section 25 in that township. There are some recent intent to drills for sec 11 & 17.

I currently have my minerals leased to Calyx (sec 12-t17-r4e) and I just found out that a new Calyx rig is being assembled just across the road from me in the NE corner of section 11…I admit that I am very new to this, but I can’t find ANY info on the well. Would anyone have any ideas? Thnx

So far I’ve found that Sec 2 & 5 in township 17N-04E have listed intents to drill. It depends on how long ago they listed their intent.

What township?

Most that I can find are in townships 17, 18 and 20. Not much yet in 19

If anyone knows anything about what’s going on in T 18 R 3E Sec 10 I’d be grateful for the information.

What activity do you see in Township 20? I recently leased to Eland Energy Inc, out of Dallas but was not aware of drilling acitivity yet.

Which township in the 20’s

Section 9 Township 20 Range 2 East. There was active drilling

in the late 80’s in this section. I have not seen any permit requests

recently.

There are 18 wells being drilled right now in Payne county.

Barry -I just got an offer for Sec 5 Township 17N Range 4 east. It says $1000 per mineral acre if your interest is on a 3/16 lease. What does that mean? As far as I know the mineral interest is not leased, but you mention that there is an intent to drill there. Are they trying to buy my interest in a lease, or the mineral rights before they are leased? If I dont respond, will they offer a a lease? Thanks. The offer is from Ferrelloil.

Katherine, There are two companies drilling now in that section. Ferrell Oil is wanting to lease your rights so they can drill. The 3/16 is the royalty that you’ll get for any oil that is produced from the well. If you don’t sign they could put you on a pooling order and drill anyway. Most lease give you several options. The higher the rate per acre means the less you’ll get in oil royalty.

Katherine,

Make sure Ferrell Oil is not wanting to buy your mineral rights. Be sure it’s a lease. The amount per acre seems high for a lease. I looked at the oil registry and the highest amount per acre for that section is listed at $200.

We were told that we would get a two week notice before drilling.