New Horizontal Well Near Abernathy

New permit to drill a well 2.5 miles southwest of Abernathy by Four Seasons.

They are the same company that has drilled the well east of Lubbock airport.

It is getting VERY interesting, IMO.

Wish them good luck. There is definitely oil down there, but there is also one hell of alot of water too. My family had some property that was in the Yellow House Canyon area of Lubbock that runs of course north thru Abernathy and south through the east side of Lubbock and on to the west side of Buffalo Springs(BS lake) Lake. The well produced one barrel of oil for every ten barrels of oil, and I was told that is the profile of that entire formation through that area of West Texas. After 5 years Shell shut the well and plugged the entire field which was laid out over about 10 or 12 sections of land. Just became too expensive to get rid of all the water.

These new companies are chasing wells that will initially produce hundreds of barrels of oil, along with formation water and associated gas.

So many rumors going around about the high potential for this shale play around the Lubbock region...

May I ask where your land is located please?

Appreciate any insights as to drilling activity and especially results.

I’ve heard a rumor that the 4Sevens well is significant, but of course no way of really knowing…

Looks like Latshaw Rig15 is north east of Austin according to google???

I see Four Sevens has a new permit. Does anyone know where this is?

Four Sevens Operating Co. Ltd., Durham Unit, Lubbock, New Drill

PERMIAN BASIN DRILLING REPORT: Aug. 30 through Sept. 5, 2012

Are you referring to the permit for 2 1/2 miles SW of Abernathy?

I don't know where it is, it is in the Odessa paper as a new permit.

Stephen Long said:

Are you referring to the permit for 2 1/2 miles SW of Abernathy?

G,osh I hope so.

It would be so good for our area.

Anything new? I understand they passed a pay zone at 9k at or around 15k now and about to go sideways

Hmmmn! The Wolfcamp should be around 9,000’, I would think. No idea what might be down around 15,000’. Also, does anyone know what happened at the location that was 2 1/2 miles south of Abernathy? So many rumors… Evidently some landowners around the west of Idalou well, heard it was capable of 1,100 according to a gent I talked to at lunch. Shut in…waiting for a gas line???

According to this mornings AJ the Four Sevens well out by the airport has not been fracked yet. If that is the case, Four Sevens would not have any idea of the potential other than from the logs during and after drilling. The flow numbers, if there is any, would be fairly low.

Not true. I took a picture of the many trucks, tanks etc., on location when the well was initially fracked months ago. Classic multi stage frac set up.

The one by the Airport is pumping don’t know how much but the Jack is running

A core drenched with oil may sound good may be the opposite as the rock probably is very tight as to expect but has not been flushed when drilling mud building wall cake. Mud properties etc. A core flushed with oil is not in the tanks. This type information just leads to more bonus money for these guys to go exploring. just lease at a reasonable amount an wait for mail box revenue from the wells if commercial. I am a mineral owner also. I am not try to or imply that you are trying to boost leasing prices but, these wildcatters are laying a lot of cash on the table to do what hey are doing. Have a good day. Again I am not trying to say negatives about your comment as to core bleeding oil. I am a Petroleum Engineer graduate from Texas Tech from the late 1970's

J J Crossin said:

I was told by a local source that Four Seasons drilled a test well at that location 2.5 miles SW of Abernathy.

He said the core came up "drenched with oil"

Stephen Long said:

May I ask where your land is located please?

Appreciate any insights as to drilling activity and especially results.

I've heard a rumor that the 4Sevens well is significant, but of course no way of really knowing....

Fair is fair. Oil companies like to downplay the value of mineral acres, mineral owners should be able to "talk" them up. Half a year ago people were saying oil prices were going to tank, go all the way to $50. Oil prices did plummet to $56 ot $57 dollars spot price in ND, FOR ABOUT A WEEK. I couldn't see any reason for it but the fact that people were talking down the price of oil. My prediction was $80 from the factors I could see, the price the Saudis need and the fact that Canadian tar sands would be losing money if the price of oil stayed much below $80. Oil has been largely hanging around my prediction + - $5 for some time. It may be a case of a blind hog having to find an acorn every once in a while or I'm catching on to the underlying factors. I think when someone predicts $50 oil without at least giving the one major underlying factor why they think that is, there SHOULD be backlash to counter the power of the headlines. Someone also predicted that Natural gas would go to $4 a mcf by the end of the year and it hasn't made it yet and I don't think it will. It's another of the things I didn't see an underlying factor for, outside of a famous investors prediction and the headlines it created. That the price of gas is up and people I know are benefiting from it makes me glad, does not change the fact that I never saw reason behind the claim that ng would reach $4 per mcf by the end of the year to begin with. The end of the year, when it's cold and the price of gas usually goes up anyway because of demand. Maybe it's just coincidence, or maybe someone stacked the deck with their prediction.

The well by the airport was permitted for 16000' TD. I haven't seen an actual completion report or a production report posted on the RRC website yet.

Has the well SW of Abernathy been drilled yet? it was permitted for 11600' which is the lower end of the Wolfcamp Shale.

I have royalty 2 miles west of New Deal that was leased by 4 Sevens a little over a year ago. I live in Seminole and don't get up that way much.

Actually, they drilled a well 3 miles NW of Abernathy and reportedly went to 18,000’. The rig recently moved off…

Was this 4 Sevens? hopefully they are moving south. Thanks for the info.

Stephen Long said:

Actually, they drilled a well 3 miles NW of Abernathy and reportedly went to 18,000'. The rig recently moved off....

Check the value of the dollar tracked along with crude prices. Look at natural gas storage numbersand you will be able to predict hydrocarbon prices somewhat. I mean some what. Gas is used in summer to generate electrical power. Look at LNG symbol on stock exchange. First company to have permit in hand to export LNG abroad. Expect first shipment from USA ever 2015.

r w kennedy said:

Fair is fair. Oil companies like to downplay the value of mineral acres, mineral owners should be able to "talk" them up. Half a year ago people were saying oil prices were going to tank, go all the way to $50. Oil prices did plummet to $56 ot $57 dollars spot price in ND, FOR ABOUT A WEEK. I couldn't see any reason for it but the fact that people were talking down the price of oil. My prediction was $80 from the factors I could see, the price the Saudis need and the fact that Canadian tar sands would be losing money if the price of oil stayed much below $80. Oil has been largely hanging around my prediction + - $5 for some time. It may be a case of a blind hog having to find an acorn every once in a while or I'm catching on to the underlying factors. I think when someone predicts $50 oil without at least giving the one major underlying factor why they think that is, there SHOULD be backlash to counter the power of the headlines. Someone also predicted that Natural gas would go to $4 a mcf by the end of the year and it hasn't made it yet and I don't think it will. It's another of the things I didn't see an underlying factor for, outside of a famous investors prediction and the headlines it created. That the price of gas is up and people I know are benefiting from it makes me glad, does not change the fact that I never saw reason behind the claim that ng would reach $4 per mcf by the end of the year to begin with. The end of the year, when it's cold and the price of gas usually goes up anyway because of demand. Maybe it's just coincidence, or maybe someone stacked the deck with their prediction.