Marshall County, OK - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Most of drilling right now is north several miles. A lot of leases in 5s-4e expire this year.

Do not know about Don . I might be able to help you if I had section, township & range.

I don’t live down there.

Ron. Sec. 35-36-05s-04e…40 acres and 160 acres. Thx.

Yes. That figures. Why do I even think about Getting my hopes up. Ours expires in March… U think they may renew. ? I still get letters Offering to by the minerals. ??? Ur thoughts?

May I share my thoughts? I have had lots of offers to buy my minerals but they have all been less than a couple of years of royalties. In fact some have been less than the going rate for leases. Unless you have some dreadful emergency where you must have cash, you are going to be better off doing without now for greater income when they finally drill. And they will drill.

Thank you for your thoughts. I’m grateful… I know maybe one day they’ll drill. I just hope It’s not the only "dry hole " in Marshall county ? Lol. R d Williams told me when they leased 2 1/2 Yrs ago, that there was a good well 6 or 7 miles From ours? Don Ayres found the well info And did his calculations on what it would be At 350 bbl and tons of gas, if were on our 200 acres at 3/16 divided by two paragraphs Of division, and sections, and the estimate He came up with…,… Was a whopping $31,000 A month!!! Wow. They must know more About the Woodford than us??? Thx again… If u here something, please give this poor old Texas boy a hollar?? Lol. Goodnight

I don’t hear much here in Idaho, but I can tell you that each well I have participated in has gotten better. My first was a “dry hole” but not because there weren’t plenty of hydrocarbons. The casing was bad and they could not fix it. The fourth well has been the best by far. The drillers and frackers have gotten better and better as they learn more.

Yes, I assume 3/16ths royalty. He was vague about the royalty and the price per acre on the phone. We’ll see whether the lease, when it arrives, has an offer closer to the one in the document you posted. Thanks very much for that - it may help if we decide to bargain!

Sara I guess it is for 3/16th . Should be like $900 or more. Here is what they were ordered to offer in a Pooling close to you. I am still looking.

http://imaging.occeweb.com/AP/Orders/OCC4358426.PDF

Thanks. That would be great. Let me look it up Again. Don said he use to run cattle on that 200 acres. Was the Coleman place I think

Marshall: Merit Energy Co.; Calico Jack No. 4-17H Well; SE1/4 NE1/4 NW1/4 NE1/4 (SL) of 17-05S-06E; 233 barrels oil per day, 1,645,000 cu-ft gas per day; TD 13,809.

Merit Energy Co.; Calico Jack No. 5-17H Well; SE1/4 NE1/4 NW1/4 NW1/4 (SL) of 17-05S-06E; 350 barrels oil per day, 1,285,000 cu-ft gas per day; TD 13,866.

Merit Energy Co.; Calico Jack No. 6-17H Well; SE1/4 NE1/4 NW1/4 NW1/4 (SL) of 17-05S-06E; 164 barrels oil per day, 747,000 cu-ft gas per day; TD 13,805.

David Rogers…sorry that I’ve been out of pocket for awhile and hadn’t got around to much computer stuff as of late. It would appear that R.D. Williams and others are doing lots of leasing in 5S 4E the last couple of months and yes, the drilling is all north and east of this area, but I’m still confident that the drilling rigs will move in our direction. Ron is right as rain in that unless you are in a dire need for cash, hang on to those mineral interest and it will pay off in the long run.

Hi again - just got a lease renewal offer in the mail for section 11-5S-4E: 3/16 royalty, $600/acre. Seems low to me. Do y’all think it’s worth haggling over? Thanks for your input and help!

Sara, two things. Do you any intention of participating in a well there? If you might, the best thing to do is to wait until the drilling application is approved and participate in however much you can afford to. At that time (the pooling order) they must pay you the highest lease amount anyone got for whatever you don’t participate in. I have received no bonus 1/4 royalties on two of my wells this way. Second thing, if you don’t want to participate and definitely want to lease everything, as Mr. Ayres says there is a lot of leasing activity in your township so there may be a chance to haggle. It is so hard to find out what the “going rate” is for a particular area - and just a mile may make a difference - if you are set on leasing decide on what you are happy with and go for it.

Sara B., this offer sounds a little low to me since they have a pooling order for Sec. 8-5S-4E in the neighborhood of $900 per acre. Just my 2 cents worth…

Howdy Don… Glad ur back. Thanks for your Insight. It’s always appreciated. Hope ur doin Well. David.

John Could find nothing.

I have a producing well in section 17-5S-6E

Jill

We have recently gotten several letters expressing interest in leasing our minerals in Section 4, Township 7 South, Range 5 East in Marshall County. Any news or info on activity? Thanks. Liz