Marcellus Shale Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Judy, you can go here

https://apps.dep.wv.gov/oog/permitsearch_new.cfm

and put in Braxton as the county, then choose recent dates to see new drilling permits. The permits have to be issued before drilling starts and not all permits are drilled on but it gives you an idea.

Judy, I advertise down in Braxton County, and haven't heard from very many people about leasing activity down there. I'm an attorney and try hard to help out as many West Virginia mineral owners with the leasing process as possible. I hope it picks up down there.

if you are leasein or granting an easement and if its to Chesapeakenbe ver, very careful. They tend to write open ended documents. (see the doumnet written about post production costs)

Ok so I am completely confused about all of this. I signed a 5 yr oil and gas lease almost 2 yrs ago w/a company named Ten Mile Land LLC on 21 acres for $26,000 and 14% royalties (the land is in Doddridge County WA).

1. I am seeing now that Ten Mile Land LLC is a very small oil and gas company. I really canā€™t find much info about them. Has anyone heard of them before??

2. Once an oil and gas lease is signed how long does it take before they begin to drill? And what if let say, they donā€™t drill directly on my 21 acres but drill on land that abuts mine will I still receive royalties?

3. Does anyone have any suggestions for me? Should I call the company and ask questions, if so what are some questions I should ask? Any info/suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks

I've seen another lease with Ten Mile Land. They are small. Beyond that I don't know a whole lot about them.

They don't have to drill at all. The leases anymore are written to give them the option to just hold on to the lease until it expires, if that's what they want to do.

If there is any production from your property, regardless of whether the well is located on it, you will be entitled to royalty payments.

Definitely call the company and ask questions. Ask if they're planning to flip the lease to another company, or if they're planning to drill themselves. Ask if you're being included in a pool, and if you are, see if you can get a map of the pool.

Thank you Kyle you are very helpful and informative. I have a geaneral question about Statement of Taxes Dueā€¦ I just received in the mail today my statement of taxes due however the account # is different from last years tax statement and under where it lists my name it says Map/Parcel: (then lists the #) but under that in big bold print it says ***PROPERTY WAS PREVIOUSLY SOLD. Can someone tell me why the account # is different from last year to this year and why it says the property was previously sold??? I never sold the land

That's odd. It's probably not a big problem, though. Just a little one. It sounds like they may have sold it for back taxes. Contact the county and ask them whether that's the case. If it is, you can always redeem the property for the back taxes plus some interest. If it's something else, find out what it is and let us all know and we'll do our best to help out.

Nicole and Kyle: about different account numbers, in Ritchie each year there is a different account number.

About the statement about the property being previously sold, that sounds odd. Please let us know what the tax office says.

The account number changes every year? My last bit of hope that there was even a tiny amount of government efficiency just crumbled.

I called the tax office this morning and they said it was sold for back taxes owed. They gave me the # to the state auditorā€™s office and their office said they would send me paper work in the mail that gives me the steps to take to redeem it and I have until March 31,2014 to redeem.

So my question, once I pay the back taxes, fees, interest etc the land is rightfully mine again as it was prior to being sold for the back taxes???

Nicole, I would think it would be the case that, after paying back taxes etc you would have clear ownership again. Had they lost you, had you not gotten any tax bills for a year or more? Just wondering about this. I don't think they notify you in writing if you go past the deadline to pay; they just publish it in the local paper for a few weeks then sell it at the courthouse. I think there is 18 months after that before the new owner gets a deed; meanwhile the "old" owner can redeem it.

On the paper I got that tells me the fees and what I have to do to redeem my land it says, ā€œThis Statement Must Be Returned With Remittance.ā€ What does ā€œRemittanceā€ mean, does it just mean the fees and costs owed???

It means send money to different location or mo ey order

Nicole, while I suppose there could be more than one interpretation, to me it would mean that you must return the statement along with your payment. I would definitely make a copy of the statement and payment, whether it be check, money order or cashiers check for my records.

Any info on leases in southern Fayett county

Does anyone have or know anything about lease costs in the wetzel county area? I received a lease for that area. Are they drilling there?.We are beung offered $250.00 each, a total of $3,000.00 bonus for 16.23 acres! Im not sure about all this!! I do know the shale is abundant there butā€¦

Does anyone have an idea of what mineral interests would sell for in the Glenville area of Gilmer County WV? Parcel apparently abuts Mud Lick Run

Anyone familiar with Greene county Pa marcellus and Rice energy? Signed a lease in Nov. guess we should br receiving bonus payment the end of Feb.

Does anyone know the highest amount paid per acre in Pennsylvania for the bonus fee? I know some folks in NW Bradford County were paid $5k per acre, as the Marcellus deposit layers are deepest in that area, but is $5K/acre the highest offered by an operator in PA?

Correction: Opps, I meant to write NE Bradford county