Marcellus Shale Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Hello. For West Virginia, what is the going lease/bonus rate in Doddridge County?

Also, what oil and gas companies are leasing in that county?

Thanks

Mikey

We just agreed to lease from Antero Resources for $2000 and 15%. Their offer was $1000 and 12.5%. I asked for $2000 and 25% - I wonder what would have happened if I asked for more?

Thanks,

Are any other companies leasing in Doddridge WVA ?

You could go here https://apps.dep.wv.gov/oog/permitsearch_new.cfm

and enter Doddridge, and recent dates. This will give list of recent permits, showing companies. You would have to go to the courthouse to see leases.

Seeking any information regarding possible drilling in Marshall County by TRANS-ENERGY ? We are in second year of mineral lease with TransEnergy, and wondering if they are having any luck in Marshall County ?

Thanks, Curt Lint Herron Island, WA

Does anyone have any information Re: TRANS ENERGY play in Marshall County, West, VA ? Thanks in advance::::

Curt Lint Herron Island, WA.

We were notified by HG Oil that my mom was on of 80 heirs of mineral rights , 131 acres in Wetzel County WV. The lease that was sent for her to sign was for 12 percent of royalties and a 1300.00 sign bonus. The way i read it is 1300.00 and not per acre. Whats the going rate in this County and does the other 79 people affect the rate or what? anybody know.. this is pretty complicated.

Well at least they are offering you 1300.00 eqt is trying at 50.00 that is the sugning bonus correct

Steve, $1,300/ac is low for Wetzel. Very low. I'd ask for $2,500. However, your interest in the 131 acres is going to determine whether HG is willing to work with you at all. If all you have is (for example) 0.23 acres, they're not going to work with you much. But if you have a 30 acre interest, they'll be much more willing. There should be a document telling you what your interest is.

Curt Lint, check Nancy Mosley's post below. That link she included should help you find some info on Trans Energy in Marshall County. Say hi to the Great Northwest to me. I'm originally from near Portland, OR.

Thanks Kyle, the only thing i can see is at the top of one page it says

gross Acres: 134.300 and net Acres 0.53972200. Is the net the same as the interest ? my luck it is lol

Does anyone know what the price per acre is in hampshire county or if they are moving that way.

Steve, you have just a touch more than 1/2 acre of minerals. So if they're giving you $1,300, that's not too bad. You can always ask for more. Also ask for more royalty.

Also, you should at very least make sure there's a No Warranty of Title clause and an Indemnification clause in the lease. If not, ask them to include that. They won't argue. If you want me to give a legal opinion about your lease, message me and we'll exchange contact info. No pressure. We'll still be friends if you decide that's not for you.

1 Like

Dominion Hope buying right of way for 8 inch line in Nicholas WV anyone know the going price?

I'd think ROW payments vary hugely by your immediate location and whether they have another route around you. IF they don't have any good ways around you, make sure you ask for enough ($ and terms), because you might get it.

Look up Eric Camp's negotiating points for ROW. I refused to sign until we got an end date for the ROW.

thanks ruby_99 where can i find Eric Camp's points?

I'm sure you can find it with an internet search of "eric camp row". Did you try that? Try google.com

Bernard,

http://un-naturalgas.org/EricCampsPipeLineNegotiation.pdf

ruby_99,

The Eric Camp paper on pipeline row had excellent information in it. I appreciate the recommendation.

--MS

My brother, a sister and I inherated 58 acres, in Braxton, County WV, is there any information on when they will be drilling in that county