Marcellus Shale Oil & Gas Discussion archives

I would like to hear from anyone about their experience in dealing with Oil Co's on Post Production Costs.

According to The Centre for Research on Globalization (CRG) an independent research and media organization based in Montreal, OPEC is now engaged in a “price war” with the United States. What that means is that it’s very cheap to pump oil out of places like Saudi Arabia and Kuwait. But it’s more expensive to extract oil from shale formations in places like Texas and North Dakota. So as the price of oil keeps falling, some US producers may become unprofitable and go out of business. The result? Oil prices will stabilize and OPEC maintains its market share."

The price of Brent crude oil has fallen below $50 a barrel for the first time since May 2009. If the price of oil stays at this level or continues falling, we will see a significant number of U.S. shale oil companies go out of business and large numbers of jobs will be lost. Once it happened then that's it. Oil drillers will stop leasing and buying your mineral rights. And who knows if these companies will drill ever again atleast with the kind of volume they are drilling right now.

You should not think about the future but instead look what the companies has to offer today. It's better late than never. Start selling your mineral rights now. My friend just sold his mineral rights through DML Energy, a small firm that works in PA and OH.. I think they are a Denver company but my neighbor was paid in 45 days, and was happy with their offer.

Just about anywhere the Marcellus Shale is you'll find a formation called the Burket. The Burket will not produce as much gas as the Marcellus, maybe about 1/2 of the volume that the Marcellus will. In West Virginia it's about 100-400 feet above the Marcellus, and gets farther above the Marcellus the farther east you go. Some experts think that developing the Marcellus will make it difficult to develop the Burket. Developing both at the same time makes some sense, but it's not financially feasible right now. If you're thinking about leasing, and are in a position to wait, you should seriously consider it. Either that or get the company you're leasing with to promise to develop the Burket with the Marcellus. This is a new idea, and oil and gas companies are not open to ideas that originate from the lessor, but it's worth pushing.

Kyle nuttall, i work for the Gov and I hear and see what they are doing, what is the likelihood of the oil and gas company’s starting something in Hampshire county over around levels or to the right of levels down on the little cacapon river. I live in san antonio tx but I still have land there 185

Well, for the time being it really doesn't seem like Hampshire County is going to be interesting to any oil and gas companies. That could change, but I think gas prices would have to be dramatically higher than they are now.

How do I find a certain group for a well I own 65 acres mineral rights in WV Liberty District SHAWN HARLAN WELL Marshall county or about this well as I'm a newbie in this. I had know idea I owned mineral there and there pumping natural gas. or am I in the right group

Hi Mr Cubbage, here is a link for the WV office of oil and gas well search. Put in Marshall for the county and Harlan for the farm name. You will see 5 that come up. Go here for the permit list; same search terms but this has details for the status of each of these.

Go here for the interactive map. Put in the well number from the other site and it will show you where it is.

Finally here is a link for the Marshall County group in this forum. Maybe people there know more.

Mr Cubbage, I just found a link for the Marshall County online deeds here

I understand that this company's databases work best on Internet Explorer.

It looks like the older deeds are available for this county. If you want to download that, go to the Ritchie County group and look for the discussion on Ritchie county documents and follow the instructions. It starts with right click on the top right most button called Book Page.

Please ask if it doesn't make sense, I sometimes get overly complicated or leave out steps haha

Susquehanna County Pipe Line?

I am interested in finding out anything I can about the pipe line in Susquehanna County, in Pennsylvania. To be more specific, Choconut / Forestlake Township!

If anyone is up to date with where and how, I would love to here from you!

Thanks!

We own the mineral rights of approximately 60 acres in Liberty District, Marshall County, WV. We have been told that we will be unable to lease these rights due to the Victory Storage Field. Does anyone have any experience regarding this issue? We would prefer to lease these rights and may consider selling. Thanks in advance for any information.

Does anyone know if Marshall County has a database of all mineral rights owners that do not own the land itself?