Lubbock County, TX - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Stephen

Apologies, I should have read the application before I commented. You were right.

dj

time to watch the well on woodrow rd 18 frack tanks there sunday soult be soon watch for lights at night should last 4 0r 5 days I will report if I hear anything

There are two wells by Enduro in the frac process.** The Price Unit which is West of Lubbock and the Ratliff southwest of lubbock. Does anyone have news?**

Does anyone know the going price that is being charged to oil companies when they are wanting water?

“There are two wells by Enduro in the frac process. The Price Unit which is West of Lubbock and the Ratliff southwest of lubbock. Does anyone have news?” Would this be the Preston Unit 12 miles west of Lubbock? The Price Unit is 8 miles south of Lubbock (about University Ave) according to the permit.

Larry, yes it is the Preston unit instead of the Price. Thanks I’m hearing that the Ratliff and Preston are good wells.

Phil thanks for the information on water. The latest price we had heard was 50cents barrel. Just seems to me to be inexpensive water.

Good to hear about the Enduro Preston well in addition to Ratliff. Has there been any activity on the other two permits in Lubbock Cty that Enduro got about the same time - Price and Wuensche? Price is southeast of University and FM 1585. Wuensche is near FM 41, south and a bit west of Ratliff.

Phil - thanks for the info. Looks like we may finally have real numbers for some of the Enduro wells before long.

four sevens may be a re start because of time limits anyone know anything else

ronne keep eye on it I will have my friend also watch the next few days

who knows they are trying to make it do what they think it is capable of trying to get it to produce a max.

rods and tubing out of hole on sunday

I discovered I owned 22.6 net acres of mineral rights in Lubbock County when I was contacted by The Caffey Group. They had clearly done very careful research to locate all of the heirs of the original owner (my grandmother), and offered what appears to be top dollar.

They offered $500/acre, 25% royalties, 3-year lease with an additional 2-year option. I agreed, and they paid me promptly. This was a great windfall, and obviously I’m not counting on them drilling at all, much less finding anything.

However, if possible I would like to follow what, if anything, is going on out there. All I know at this point is it’s Section 36, Block 20, Abstracts 955 & 1381.

Can anybody tell me what exactly that means, or any other way to keep tabs on the site? I’m in Colorado, so can’t exactly drive over for a look.

Any information would be helpful. Thanks!

Hi, See the comment by Wade Caldwell, which I found helpful. Links in the article will take you to a mapping system online. You can find your parcel and see where the nearest wells are located, for example.

FYI, I have heard of a couple of Wolfcamp wells just SW of Smyer that are producing out of the Wolfcamp vertically. I realize that is quite a distance away, but still provides some hope for Lubbock County.

In seems that this play is moving slow. However, I hear the Preston unit is pumping away and doing well. Maybe one of these days we will see a completion report and production report.

Where is the Preston Unit, please?

Preston unit is 12 miles W of Lubbock. Close to the old Reese airforce base. Drilling permit 750172

I tried to find the location but could not. Where is it exactly please? Would like to run by and take a look.

I pulled out my old notes and have it at CR6900 (5oth Street) and FM2378 CR1100. Go north on CR1100 and it should be 1 mile on your left.