Logan County, OK - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

And, I have an offer from Chesapeak through a broker they’ve hired! lol

Continetle drilled a disposal well with an arrangment for injection with the surface owner to inject saltwater.The producer well which is a horizantal is spaced 640!Acreage must be spaced 640 to drill 4950ft. lateraly and not be spaced for the entire section which is 640.You will share with 640 acre of lease holders in the end.The well may be in two different sections giving you the illusion that it is only 360.

Lee,

I find this interesting because the only OCC spacing I have received on SW4, 32-20N-2W, Noble Co. and W2, 5-19N-2W, Logan Co. was 360 with an outline of the spaced unit on the back of the order. On section 31-20N-2W, that was spaced on 640. I was told that the injection well was for the whole area and not for just one company. If the Continetal well is spaced on 640, they failed to inform the lease owners and this could be a big problem for them.

Is the drilling of 4950 ft. lateraly and spaced on 640 for H W an Oklahoma ruling only? I know in TX that is not true.

I will be waiting for your reply.

Thanks for the information.

Lee, I just got this from OCC. “Horizontal wells with a lateral of 4950 ft do not have to be on 640-acre spacing but typically are. They can be on 320-acre spacing, having the unit be 1/2 mile in one direction by one mile in the other or 160-acres, being 1/4 mile in one direction and one mile in the other.” I went back and looked at my spacing order and it is for 360 Acres. On Monday, I will check and make sure the drilling permit didn’t change something. I will agree that most of the spacing is for 640 acres and can be spaced irregular to make 640A.

Interesting that an H well can be spaced for only half of a section.They most certainly will get drainage from the entire 640.I would protest if my acerage was not included.If no one protest the commission will allow it to happen.Unfortunate for those left out.It will allow them to drain the entire 640 and only pay costly lease bonus for half of the section.The other 320 gets no royalties from oil and gas taken from thier lease.

Lee,

I think some of this spacing was due to water flood on most of the rest of the acres and no record of this sand producing in the adjoining land. Also, across the road it is my understanding they are planning on drilling a H W and presently it is spaced on 640 with a pending cause seeking an irregular 320 acres H unit.

I know most of the H Wells have been on 640 A and I was surprised when I received my spacing orders.

If I understand the spacing correctly. If a well produced in a certain sand/shade it has to be included in the spacing unit. If a well never had any production and it was tested in that sand/shade that is how irregular spacing can be established. I know 40 A of one of my leases are being held by water flood in one sand, yet I leased the other 120 A to a different company with the exception of that sand.

I think there are lots of new rules that will be wrote regarding H. wells before this is all over.

I live in Arlington, TX and we have H. Wells spaced on 290, 308, 311, 500 A because their are no production records and it’s spaced on whatever the company as leased plus a few other things.

If you own 100% of the underlying minerals you have some negotiating clout. Generally, the company only needs the permission of one mineral owner, regardless of how small their interest, to shoot seismic.

Thank u all for the advice for I know nothing about this I didn’t know that I should be looking for something from the occ till recently when I started reading some posts before becoming a member of this forum yikes hope I didn’t miss it in the piles of mail I get, is it a good sign if they are going to do seismic testing or are they just trying to find out if there is even any oil beneath my property or are they trying to decide the best place for a well around the area?

Todd,

Regarding seismic testing, I got the same offer and called Harold trying to get more per acre, but he said they wonld not pay any more and would just test on each side of me. They are doing this for Devon Energy and mapping Payne and Logan co. right now. I did finally sign the contract, but have never got paid. After I read the contract again, it doesn’t say when payment is due, so I have sent a letter to them stating payment is due within 30 days or I will void my contract. So, put something in your contract about payment. I can’t tell you about any wells being drilled in your area as I’m north of 51 and west of 77, 5-19N-2W, Logan. But, I know their are several being drilled to the north east of me and they should have my well drilled by now. Haven’t been to Oklahoma for a few weeks, just to cold up that way. May have to take a run up that way later this month to see what the testing on the well is.

They also just got through doing some spacing in Noble Co for H. wells. Have you heard from OCC regarding spacing? Usually that is the first thing they do since most of the land up that way has only been spaced for V. oil wells. Most of the H. spacing is about 640 in that area.

Donald,

I own 100% of my minerals on several farms in this area and they wouldn’t raise their offer. If someone else got more for this area, I would love to know about it since I signed the contract back in Nov 2011.

If Devon puts a well ona adjoining property to mine could the oil reservoire be under my property surface also? and if so be draining the oil from beneath my land but maybe that is what seismic testing is for ? Would any body by chNce have some experience with this question thank you.

Hello my name is Todd I just joined this forum I leased my minerals about a year ago and was wondering if there was anyone with minerals in my area close to me that has done the same my property is just north of Mulhall and south of 51 on the East side of Hwy 77 2miles section 25-19n-2w. I was also made aware that they where going to do some seismic testing soon on my property and want to give me $10.00 dollar per acre is that the going rate? and does anyone know what that is or what its for?

Yes the reservoir of gas, oil or whatever could be under you if a well is next door. The OCC is supposed to take care of this problem with the spacing orders. Spacing can be per section, 640 acres mol or even smaller like 40 acres. If a well goes in next to you and you are either not in the section or not in the spacing, then hopefully another company will want to come in and drill on your property as well.

The seismic testing is to try and find out what the reservoir looks like based on the geological formations that the seismic testing reveals. Based on that testing the geologists tell the company to drill the well here or there.

Good point about vertical spacing.

I was wondering if anyone knows how far fracking a well can go in feet or does it depend on how hard the shade is? When we are talking about draining this is something we need to know and have understanding on.

Also, I read were Matthew stated spacing units. May I add, I have a Vertical well spaced on 20 A. in one sand, 40 A in a different shale plus 80 A, all these sands/shade have producted over the years. I don’t feel it drained anyone since the wells around me didn’t product in these sands/shale. Most H. wells are spaced on 640, but their are exemption to that. I have several farms space on 640 for H. wells and one on 360. So, again it’s whatever OCC feels the area can produce without draining your neighbor. Usually, if you get a good well and the farm next to it is leases, they will off set it within a few months.

Excellent…even better to have an attorney in the forum! :slight_smile:

Geophysical survey (Seismic Program)

I was wondering if anyone in Logan Co has signed a contract with J. C. Land Management, Inc. 3-D Office-Re: Pistol Pete 3D Prospect?

I signed a contract with them in November and was suppose to be paid per acre, to date, never heard from them. Then I sent a letter asking for my money, still nothing. My suggestion, if you plan on signing, get your money up front. I don’t know if they plan on doing some seismic work or not. Would love to hear from someone on this.

I don’t live in Oklahoma so we have a lawyer who has done work for our family since the 80s that I’d recommend if someone is looking for representation of their interests. Mr. Hirzel has his own mineral rights interests out there so he stays on top of what’s going on.

Jeff Hirzel

119 S Broad St, Guthrie, OK 73044

Virginia,

I am also an attorney and can look into it for you.

Chances are they haven’t done the seismic work yet and do not have to pay you for it until they do it.

My grandfather began buying minerals in the 1920’s.

Check out our webste and if interested in talking call or email.

www.mcbeelaw.com

Todd,

Thanks for the location. My land is west of 77 and north of 51. They just fracked the well last Friday that was on my neighbor’s. Haven’t heard how it did yet. Some of my land is in this H. spacing.

I was told they stacked 3 more wells in the area, but water was short.

I’m in 5-19N-2W, so you are a little ways away from me.

I live in TX, so it’s hard to keep up with what is going on. We spent spring and fall at the farm, but it’s cold in the winter, so we come back home.

I just want everyone to understand that I’m talking about not getting paid by a Seismic company on a contract. This isn’t an oil lease. This isn’t a lot of money, but it’s still money due to me.