Logan County, OK - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Here you are Virginia, a township map of Logan County. The wells are in 19N-2W, if you still need the well names I can pull them for you.

http://www.okgenweb.org/okprojects/logan/logan-matrix.html

Greg,

I don’t know of a good landman, but I do have a great lawyer in OK City and he has people who check titles. It’s not hard to do and usually doesn’t take that long. If you want his name, I can email it to you off of here.

email me at pflum1@sbcglobal.net if you want his name.

Mineral Joe,

Thank you for the map site of Logan Co.

I think the 33 well may be on the Johnson farm and the 16 is Fent. I will be interested in how the 16 well does as it’s a mile from my farm. They are drilling on my neighbors now and under mine.

Greg,

Sorry. I wanted to add I also have mineral rights in 5-17-4 and 32-18-4 in Logan County. Also some in Kingfisher county. Thanks!

KI,

I think you may be able to best that offer at least by $50. You are a few miles south and west of me. They are doing lots of horizontal drilling in that area. Some are Mississippi or Cleveland. Has anyone spaced your area for Horizontal drilling? Some are on 320 and others are 640. You may want to check with your neighbors and see what they are getting for their lease. Also, has their been any wells on your section in the pass? This seems to make a differents on where they drill.

Virginia, Thanks for the information! Yes, there was a vertical well that was plugged in 1988.

I’m new at this and am not sure what you mean by spacing the area for horizonal drilling! I am so happy I found this site with people in and around the same area. I’ve been doing a lot of research, but know I’ve only scratched the surface as far as knowledge about the oil and gas industry. Don’t have oil wells in Vegas, so it looks like I have a lot to learn! lol

I also own some mineral rights in Logan Co. S22 T19N R3W and have an offer of @ $250. per net acre for 3 years plus a 2 year option 3/16 royalty. I’m trying to find out as much information as I can before I accept the offer and have recently learned about the Mississippi play and the horizontal drilling.

If anybody knows anything about the activity going on I sure would appreciate it.

Thanks!

KI

Ki,

I will try to explain spacing, but I’m sure a lot of other people could do a better job.

The oil company has to go to OCC (Oklahoma Corporation commmision) and ask for the amount of land that can be put into a well site. It depends on the amount of production that was in the area. So, if you own 160 acres and OCC spaces the H. well on 640 (a section) your share would only be 1/4 and they only have to drill one well to hold the whole section (640). Usually, OCC will send you a notices that the area is being spaced on a certain date. Usually it’s before they are getting ready to drill a well, but I have had some of my land spaced at least 1 1/2 years before any drilling in the area.

Since you are new to oil & Gas I would suggest you have an oil & gas lawyer look over any lease you sign and fine tone it. In some leases you pay for a lots of things like transportation cost, etc. These cost can add up.

I live in TX, but most of my land is in Oklahoma. So, I do understand about being out of state. One more thing out of state owner need to know is that OK take 28% out of your oil check for taxes. If you don’t owe that much, you have to file state income tax in order to get it back. And the % you will pay is on your total income not just what you made in Oklahoma. So, let say, you are in the 31% tax bracket, that would make you in the 7% tax for Oklahoma state. So, if you made $1,000 in OK, you would pay 7%. I still love Texas without state income tax.

Virginia, Thank you for taking the time to explain this! There’s alot to learn and the leases are something else too! A completely different animal than I’m use to dealing with. I’m going to have to tear apart the lease they sent me bit by bit, to see how much of it I don’t understand! lol

Thanks again!

Cari,

Who was trying to buy your minerals?

I amalso an attorney and may be able to help you.

email me at mhm@mcbeelaw.com if your’e interested.

Ki,

I have a really good oil and gas lawyer in OK City. If you feel you need one to look over your lease. You can email me and I will forward his name, there are at least 16 oil & gas lawyer in his office. I just email the lease to him, he looks it over, tells me what to mark out and I go from their. It’s always been well worth the cost.

I always have him check over all my leases even though I’ve been doing this for years and have lots of legal classes. Things change so fast and unless you are in this business, a new rule can be put in place before you know it.

pflum1@sbcglobal.net

Greg, Thanks for the information! I thought it was low, but then its hard to tell what is really going on in the area. This is like playing the tables, in Vegas and I don’t even gamble! lol

Virginia, Thank you, I’ll email you later on tonight!

Kaye

I can only speak for one well that is west of Orlando. It’s is in the SW 4 of SW 4, 32-20N-2W, Noble Co, but the H. well goes under W 1/2 of 5-19N-2W. This is west of hiway 77 about 4 miles and north of Hiway 51 about 2 miles. This is the Continetal H. well. This well is spaced on 360 and they drilled a salt water desposal well across the road in SW 4, 31-20N-2W., Noble Co.

New location being built 2 mi east of I- 35 and mulhall road.Two rigs north west of Orlando.One Continetal and other Crow Creek.First Devon well still doing good .The offers to buy the minerals go in the trash.Ive not seen a horizantal well spaced less than 640 and some are going 1280 in northern states.

Lee

Forget to write, the 5-19N-2W, is in Logan co.

Do you have more specifics such as range, township and sections? I don’t live in Oklahoma any longer and don’t know exactly of where you’re speaking. I did have an offer from a company to buy my mineral rights there, but I’m not interesting in selling.

Good to know about Chesapeak. Right now we’re hearing mostly from Calyx through Universal Land Services. Any information on them?

Kevin,

Thank you for the article regarding Chesapeak! Of course you never know if everythings being disclosed, but that’s pretty bad to reject all of those leases after drilling a dry hole and then coming back through the back door buying the land through another one of their new Corp’s!

I will never lease to Chesapeak again. They are the biggest cheater that I have ever deal with. They drilled in H well in Arlington TX that is under our lot and when we got our first check I notices it had different % for my share. I called and wrote a letter, after several weeks I was told that my % which was 25% of 309A spacing was right, except the W I people had decided to sell there gas and that was why the decimal point was different. I told them I didn’t pay for any expenses and was told deal with it. Then they shut the well in for 9 months and no one is getting a check.