Logan County, OK - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Oil & gas discussion group for those interested in Logan County, OK. Share your experience regarding lease bonus, royalty rates, drilling activity, and oil & gas news.

Virginia if you pose the same question under the general discussion forum, i think you will get more replies. Make sure you mention Logan county Okla and the area involved, you should get some answers to your question.

Virginia

10,00.00 is a fair price for a large location as they will need for a rig of the size to pull a horizontial string . A price of 100.00 per day is common in nothwest Ok. for water. I too have lease in Logan Co.

Lee

I have land in Logan co and have lease all of it last year. They are getting ready to drill a hortizontial well. Does anyone know what the going rate is for damages? I have heard $5,000 to $10,000. Also, what is the water rate? I plan on doing it by the day instead of the total well drilling.

Virginia in TX

Lee,

Thank you for the information.

I was thinking in terms of $200 to $250 per day for water as this is surface (pond) water and most of the ponds in my area are dry. I don’t know of any good wells in the area for water. Everyone is on rural water for household use. My property is in north Logan Co, almost by Noble Co line.

Virginia

Toady a family member was offerd .15 cent per barrel for water to be pumped out of the skeleton creek.He is going to counter with .25.They want to buy 300,000BBL of water.

Lee

Lee,

Thanks for the information.

Do you have any idea how many barrel of water it take to drill a Hortizonal well? I know it take a lot to frac. I can remember as a kid my father would sell water for Vertical drilling and it would take most of a full pond. It takes a lot more water for Hortizonal drilling, but I don’t know how much. We have several hortizonal wells here (Arlington, TX) and they have make nice size ponds to hold the water for drilling.

Sounds like water is going at a premium rate because it’s so dry in that area.

Virginia

It takes generaly 1 BBL. of water per foot of hole for a vertical well.There are a lot of situiations that can cause the volume to vary. I would guess maybe double on a hortizantal ? The fracing is where the high volume is needed.100,000 BBL plus.

Lee

Lee,

Thank you for the great information on the water needs. I knew it took a lot of water, but didn’t know how much. I will put it in my file for futher uses. Now I know why so many wells are stacked, but can’t be drilled.

Need some leasing information,recent bonus payments We have been approached with a lease offer for a very, very small portion in 32-18N-4W. They must be going to drill deeper in the area because there is a producing well in our corner of the section producing at 7,000ft.

To all Interested

New reliable information.The first Devon horizontal well in the Mulhall area of Logan Co. is making around 700BBL oil per day and a signifiant amount of gas.Lease prices are going up from here if you have any left.

Lee

Greg, I have a fractional mineral interest in S24 16N 4W NW4 that I would like to lease.

Joe

Not sure but the first well drilled in the area was a salt water disposal,the second a producer.

Lee

The wells in section 16 and 33 are both Horizontals. 33 was supposed to be spud in July and 16 spud in October. Both are Just North of Mulhall. My leases just expired last month.

Greg

How much per acre

Lee

Lee,

Would that be in section 33? They drilled another in section 16 but I didn’t see where they filed completion reports yet.

Mineral Joe,

Can you tell me the wells names? I don’t have a map of Logan co and I’m trying to find out where 16 and 33 are. Are they west of hi-way 77?

Joe

Also a producer has six months after completion to file a report ,most would wait as long as possiable to file if they have a good well and lease more acerage before the news gets out. Lease bonus in this area should start at 350 and go as high as 1000.If more new wells come in as well as this one we might see 2500.

Lee

Lee,

Is this well south of Mulhall or north of Mulhall? They just finished drilling a disposal well on the property next to me and now they are drilling on the horizonal well in my spacing. My property is just off Hiway 51. I leased over a year ago and the price was well over $100 at that time. More in the range of $250 to $350 with 3/16 and up to 1/5.

Greg,

I have minerals in Logan County, 33-18-4 if you are interested. I have been approached by an oil company to sell them but I don’t know that I want to sell.