Logan County, OK - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Todd,

Do you live in the Logan or Payne Co area? I would like to know where they are doing work now. I know on the extension of leases a person really wants to put a due date in the lease. In all my leases I state they have to pay 90 days prior to the extension date. I can’t believe I didn’t think of this on a contract. Makes me mad at myself.

I just signed a lease with Calyx for some of what I have in Payne county and I’ve found they, through Universal Land, pay immediately. I haven’t delt with anyone for the little bit I have in Logan county but I’m taking what you’re all saying to heart!

Yea me too I know better than that! Yes I live 1 mile north of the Oklahoma and Logan county line actually have a Edmond address my farm is about 25 minutes from my house I have seen wells going in all around me my land is in Logan county just barely I’m real close to Payne just north of Mulhall,south of hwy 51 between hwy 77 and I-35 sec25-19N-2w the latest well activity I noticed is on Mulhall Rd couple miles east of I-35 last time I was that way was couple weeks ago and the pad and pit where done, then they finished a well alittle south of me and west of hwy 77, and a third not far from hwy 51 and 77 maybe 2 miles on east of 77 Just north of 51

Ann - I have also used Jeff Hirzel just recently for lease work. He works right across the street from the Logan County Courthouse and also knows who comes and goes over at the courthouse, so he is familiar with the activity in Logan County. He recently wrote lease documents for someone in Logan County (who I believe) had over 1600 acres for leasing, but don’t quote me on the exact number. And yes, it is nice to have an attorney in the forum!

Yes I have signed a contract in November with the same company and have yet to receive payment.

I wrote them a letter and never heard back. So, I’m wondering if they have decided not to Seismic the area. Usually when you sign a contract, the payment is due within 90 days. I plan on keeping the gates lock till they make payment.

I think I will do the same with locking the gate and next time I will have a payment due date in the lease.

Yes me too, it is a seismic company in my case also, it was just $10.00 bucks an acre but still money that needs to be paid in timely manner. Yes u are correct about them stacking those wells and water is very short due to another terrible drought last summer up this way I actually seen them set a pump up on a land owners pond and they pumped water 3 miles to well site couldn’t believe it.

They pumped water so far due to all the ponds being dried up or just to low in the area (hard to find water source that can handle having that much water removed) these are just things I notice in our area driving around to some other properties of mine checking my cattle.

I hope you got some rain up that way. We got 5 to 6 inches in DFW area. I sold water last week to fracking a well and hope I still have water left. They wanted about 11,000 b. I build a 26 ft. deep pond 2 years ago knowing they had planned on drilling in the area, so hopefully I will get a little back to pay for it.

Yes we have been getting some pretty good rains rains lately here hopefully it will keep it. Had a couple good long slow steady rains that have helped some.

My brothers and I have been getting offers from Ferrelloil for any and all mineral rights we might own in Logan County so my one brother decided to give them a call to find out what’s going on. He really didn’t get much information as to what they plan to do but we didn’t plan on selling anyway. The offer we each got was to purchase for $1,000 an acre or lease for three years at $300. Hope this helps!

Thanks Ann.

Hello out there! I recently found out my family owns the mineral rights to acreage in Section 26 17N 4W in Logan County just south of Crescent OK.

We’ve been approached by a company wanting to lease these rights and wondered if anyone can tell me what leases might be going for in this township range and section and also whether or not there is any drilling or production of any kind going on there?

Although originally from the midwest most of my family now resides out of state. I’ve been able to use Google Earth and can see wells in the near vicinity and some evidence of what might be prospecting (core sampling?) but can’t be entirely sure.

I just want to get a fair deal for my family and would be grateful for any info. I’ve already spent quite a bit of time researching mineral rights issues but this is my first contact with the Logan County group.

Hope someone can help.

Kind Regards,

Steven

Lee,

Thanks for the great information.

Do you know where these wells are around Lucien? And what company plans of drilling them? I know of several wells north of Lucien, but they were V. wells and doing pretty good for the area. I don’t know of any H. wells yet. What are the time frame for some of these wells? I have heard that Red Fork and Sandi?? has leased a rig for one year to drill NE of Perry and moving to the west. Do you know anything about the wells NE of Perry, that would be Noble Co?

Steven

Ferrell Oil is after lease in this area because they are speculating that the wells are going to be large oil producers,the first two are.More rigs are coming to this area to drill H wells from cresent to stillwater and north to lucien south to guthrie.Devon is going to build a location south west of mullhall out by stoney point, and drill 4 H wells and one SWD well from the same location.If oil prices stay above 90 we will see the area discribed having a very large amount of drilling ( boom).If the the new wells drilled come in as good as the first two prices for open lease in the area will go for much higher if you can play the game and wait for a bit.Never forget (a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush ,Always).

NE of perry i only know H drilling is going on Trail Ridge Energy?You will see Continetal,CrowCreek and Crown drilling bettween 51 hwy and Lucein.It is early in the game but there are several more rigs coming to the area ive decribed in early comments.

Lee

Another thing you can do is to go to the search site at the Oklahoma Corporation Commission, Oil and Gas Section, and search on the Section Township and Range at Oklahoma Corporation Commission Well Data Search. Here’s what I found for Section 26 17N 4W:

Nothing actively producing or recently permitted. All the following oil wells have been long since plugged and abandoned:

Steve,

Thanks for reminding me about Google Earth, I didn’t even think about checking that way. Thanks.

I went to the area where some of my farms are, but they don’t show any wells that were drilled since last Oct. I wonder how certain google earth is. Does anyone know?

Steve, you did make me think about other places to get information regarding leases, etc. These are just a few places I can think of right off.

1. OMOR- Oklahoma Mineral Owner Registry ( they keep current address of mineral owners and lots of other good information. )

2, NARO- National Association of Royalty Owners ( Keeps a person updated on laws, etc. Lots of good information, but yearly dues are high)

1. Geology.Com- http://www.ogs.or.edu/oilgasfaq.php

General information that the college has recorded.

1. OERB Good video on Horizonal drilling. They will help clean up well sites that have been abandoned.

2. OCC- www.occ.state.ok.us/

Rules and laws, recording of wells, etc.

1. mineral hub.com - sell and purchases minerals. But, other good information

I’m sure their are a lot more, just can’t think of them right now. We all need to make a list and put it on line, seems everyone is living out of state that owns the mineral.

Yeah, Thanks Don, I did that months ago and am familiar with the wells you mentioned. They’re, as you said, old for the most part. I was commenting on the areas of new exploration and possible production.

Regards