Lincoln County, OK - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Here is my question, I leased a section 11 township13N range3 east . I really don’t know what I am doing yet. There are, I believe 160 acres, I was paid bonus money for 80 mineral acres, Another property we have leased is 160 acres, 70 mineral rights acres. That is section1,township13,n range 3 east. Mark Roberts was the leasing agent. I was paid bonus for 70 acres, should that have been 80 mineral acres? my other question is how can I find out if any permits have been pulled on either of these properties? Thank you to any one with comments.

Two most likely possibilities - one is you only own 1/2 interest in 160 acres, and the other is that the oil company only wanted 80 acres. I think probably one of the two possibilities is also the answer to your second question.

The Oklahoma Corporation Commission has permits, wells and plugged wells online. It takes a little time to get used to the website and there is a tutorial. Also download their software “JInitiator”.

http://www.occ.state.ok.us/

Click on Divisions tab, then on the drop down menu click Oil & Gas, then on the next dropdown menu click databases.

Read the instructions, install JInitiator, then click New Well Browse.

Thank you, Tom Moore!! I’ve been using the OCC site for a few weeks now. It stopped working about a week ago & I didn’t know why-thought I had a virus. Meanwhile I had updated Java-! Now I understand. I will try to remember to disable Java, etc. when I’m not using it, thanks for the tip. By the way, Jlnitator won’t work on Firefox [my default browser.] I run it on Explorer 8 & it works fine.

Pam, uninstall the new JAVA and use the occ website JAVA. The occ website is in dire need of a software update. I can only get it to run on IE. Operating system here is Win7 Ultimate.

The occ site requires a far outdated JAVA version. It leaves your machine wide open for other uses. I recommended dedicating a single computer for the occ site. If you update JAVA it will cease to function. I keep JAVA and JAVA scripting disabled on one machine until I need to check occ. Takes about 1 minute to re-enable and then disable immediately after viewing. I Use Internet Explorer 10.

Can anyone else run new JAVA with occ JInitator?

Any Lincoln County mineral owners had dealings with MayHawk Energy or Aegis Energy, which buy mineral rights? Also, is any serious drilling planned or under way in or around Meeker by Devon, Calyx or any others? Thanks. - Marilyn

Also, which firms besides MayHawk are looking to invest in mineral rights in Lincoln County? - Marilyn

Marilyn Need township & range when you get it .

Marilyn Could you give a section ,township & range ?

I have been contacted by Aegis multiple times for years, I considered the offers low by even the usual unsolicited offer standards and so I didn’t pursue them.

What is the difference in a horizontal well and and a vertical

The majority of the wells drill (almost) straight down into the ground. Even vertical wells aren’t always perfectly vertical. Since the bit turns to the right, the wells like to drift a bit.

A directional well is drilled to an angle. There are several varieties of shapes which you can Google and see. S-shaped, etc. But generally, they are versions of a vertical well, just slightly away from vertical.

A “horizontal” well is a well that drills down vertically for some distance then takes a slow turn using directional drilling steerable bits and then ends up drilling several thousand (up to 10,000’) feet horizontally through a particular horizon. There are many good videos online.

To Ron: Don’t have all the detail in front of me this minute but a couple hundred net acres total spread over sections 18, 21, 23, and 24.

Question for R. W. Kennedy: What roughly is your definition of “low”? Above or below $700 an acre?

In 12n-3e there was several hundred leases signed in 2012 & 2013. Some were for 18 months & some gave 1/5th & some 1/4th.

UPLAND ENERGY RESOURCES LLC P.O. BOX 7201 EDMOND, OK -73083

CALYX ENERGY II LLC 10820 E. 45TH ST. STE. 208 TULSA, OK 74146

SM ENERGY COMPANY 6120 SOUTH YALE SUITE 1300 TULSA, OK 74136

In 12n-4e There are several hundred leases here also . same Co.s . Alot of 1/5th. and a pooling pending in section 31, hearing set for 8/12 . It is for a horizontal well .

BEARCAT LAND INC 11032 QUAIL CREEK RD STE 102 OKC, OK 73120

UPLAND ENERGY RESOURCES LLC PO BOX 7201 EDMOND, OK 73083-7201

SM ENERGY COMPANY 6120 S YALE STE 1300 TULSA, OK 74136

CALYX ENERGY II LLC 10820 E 45TH ST STE 208 TULSA, OK 74146

12n-5e has a lot of leasing also .It looks like they are going to drill some straight hole and some horizontal based on the Co.s that are leasing and the filings that are going on . Make sure your lease has a depth clause . Also I would be in no hurry to lease . I would also watch the terms of the lease very close . Do your research.

Why would a drilling company lease for the past nine years and not drill?

How can I find out if I can release from the lease and what do I need to change in another lease?

Brenda, maybe the amount they were leasing you for was considered a bargain. Sunk bonuses are gone but there could always be a well in the future in which you recoup the bonuses, no sense turning up your nose at $47,000 per acre just because you aren’t going to make %50,000 per acre. Area denial, lease strategically so competitors can’t put together the block they would like. If someone else drills a well first they could learn so much from someone else pioneering the area that the lease bonus would be chicken scratch, because they saved so much money by not being first. Just too many strategies and possible reasons.

sorry if I’m butting in, but Brenda are you saying they paid you bonus money 9 years ago and nothing since then? If another company wanted to drill there, could they? Or are you all tied up with that unproductive lease? I thought a lease was usually for 3 years-so then do you just keep renewing it with new bonus money?