Leon County, TX - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Hello...I am looking to lease and/or buy 5-10 acres of land, preferably off a major highway or county road for the purpose of possibly obtaining a permit for a saltwater disposal well. Three (3) phase nearby would be a huge plus. Please text/call Tim Terry at 512-791-2499

New Gulf Resources has acquired wells from Halcon Resources in Leon County, TX. Anyone have any experience with this company?

Anybody have any field talk regarding the test results for the Golden Wave Unit 1H? I realize there was no data released in the Completion Data filed with the Railroad Commission, whereas the Grove Unit 1H-3H had IP numbers...

JohnnyBoy,

Golden Wave 1H looks like a fairly decent well by this Completion Report link:

http://webapps.rrc.state.tx.us/CMPL/viewPdfReportFormAction.do?method=cmplW2FormPdf&packetSummaryId=121524

Clint Liles

Has anyone received any lease or mineral offers lately? Trying to figure out if the offers I have received are in line.

See Freestone reply

My mother inherited 1/8th of the oil, gas and mineral rights to a 186.5 acre tract of land, part of the S.L. Jones Survey, A-450, Leon County, Texas. Does anyone know if this land is being drilled, etc.?

Anna,

The only wells I see in the area of your Mom's minerals are older oil/oil and gas wells that were drilled in the 1990's or before. No activity in the area for several years. A lot of these older wells are still producing oil and gas. So there is the possibility of production in this area in the future.

GIS Map of Leon County A-450 and surrounding area:

Click on the map to get a larger view of this map

Clint Liles

Thank you, Clint Liles.

Family members & I inherited 40 acres of mineral rights (1/4 of a 160- acre parcel) in the Nicholas Copeland Survey A-162, Leon County, TX. Does anyone know of any drilling or current activity? Hoping for a reply from Clint Liles like the one he posted below to Anna. We are up for new leases and are being offered $250/acre.

Marilyn,

There are some good producing Horizontal wells in A-162 and surrounding area. Well API 289-32130/EOG Resources/11-2014/Eagleford Formation/416 BOPD/133,000 MCF Gas per day

(BOPD-Barrel Oil Per Day)

Completion Report link:

http://webapps.rrc.texas.gov/CMPL/viewPdfReportFormAction.do?method=cmplW2FormPdf&packetSummaryId=119531

GIS Map of Leon County A-162:

CLICK ON MAP TO ENLARGE

Marilyn,

I feel that you can get more that $250 per acre bonus money....Also 25% royalty and make sure you have language in the lease stating you will not be charged for gathering, treating, compressing, dehydrating, transporting and marketing or otherwise making such gas or other substances ready for sale.

The next post I will post Production Data for Gas well API 289-31869.

Clint Liles

Marilyn,

The gas well(31869) in the northern part of A-169 was completed in 2010 and is still producing over 1 million cubic feet of gas per day. The well Completion Report showed that it came in at 20,704,000 MCF per day./Bossier Formation

Link to Production Data on well 31869:

http://webapps2.rrc.state.tx.us/EWA/specificLeaseQueryAction.do?tab=init&viewType=prodAndTotalDisp&methodToCall=fromGisViewer&pdqSearchArgs.paramValue=|2=06|3=2015|4=05|5=2016|103=261732|6=G|102=05|8=specificLease|204=district|9=dispDetails|10=0

Clint Liles

Hello all,

Our family members inherited a series of mineral rights, which is somewhat confusing. Those listed are below:

1. A-992, J.M. Robinson survey, 326 acres
  2. A‐382 Charles Hunter, TBD acres
  3. A‐371 Robert Hunter 149.15 and 17.85 acres respectively
  4. A‐500 Martha C. Lee 167.68 acres

Does anyone know of any drilling or current activity?

Lorn,

Your 4 parcels of minerals are located in the norther part of Leon County Texas. The main activity seems to be in the southern part of the County. There are some older oil and gas wells in the area of your minerals, numerous dry holes, and plugged oil/gas wells are in the area. One older oil well(API 289-30878) is still producing a small amount of oil in A-500. It was drilled and completed in 1987/Woodbine Formation/Shelley Pate Lease. Well 31450 in A-500 is a shut in oil well. I see no activity in many years in this area.

GIS Map:

CLICK ON MAP TO ENLARGE

Clint Liles

Clint Liles,Thank you so much---all the info was very helpful. I'm learning to use the RRC maps and have had a look at the adjacent properties' numerous wells. We can only hope the drilling trend heads over into A-162.

I have an update from last year on my lease. Clint Liles was very helpful to me in finding the location of my lease with New Gulf. Even with all his info I got limited info from New Gulf. Since that time they ( New Gulf ) filed Chapter 11 and recently emerged with a new name, ETX Energy, LLC. I had just about written the whole thing off when I received a letter from them with a 1099 to fill out and return. Also a Division Order to sign and return. I went to see them instead of mailing it back. On the DO were a property name and effective date of 06/15/2013. More than a year before my lease with Halcon was signed. They drilled a well at some time but never notified me about it. They transferred all of this to New Gulf when the deal took place in 2014. Of course they never put the two together until now. They now have said I will start receiving Royalties to pay up the last 41 months owed. I guess better late than never.

I would ask advice on what to expect from them information wise to confirm that they are doing what they should in light of this blunder...... Thanks

Congratulations on the news of a well being drilled. My advise to you is to hire an Oil an Attorney before you get screwed big time. You are owed bonus monies that apparently you never did get. You had no say so on the amount(percent) of royalties you were to be paid. This situation needs to be gone over by a Professional to protect you.

Clint Liles

David,

Friendship request sent.

Clint Liles

Thanks Clint for the advice..... They did say that Halcon turned over to them a fund for payment to unidentified owners and we would receive our part. I just don't have enough info to determine that the NRI they have included on the Division Order is in agreement with our lease at 1/5 Royalty defined in our lease......

David,

What info do you need to calculate the NRI? We'd need your net acreage inside the unit, the unit gross acreage and we have the lease royalty. If you need the unit gross, let me know the unit name and original operator. I may be able to find the unit dec they recorded.

Now if production started prior to your lease being in effect, you may have a working interest for that time frame and likely be entitled to more of a cut. Like Clint said, I'd definitely investigate further before returning the signed DO. Let me know if I can help.

Thanks,

JR