Leon County, TX - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

I have mineral rights in Leon Co and I am trying to figure out what rate mineral rights are being leased for.

Is there a hard core set of rules regarding lease payments. My previous theree year lease was paid once yearly over three years, at my request. My current leasing company said they would only make one payment. Do I have a reasonaby good choice, as I would like the three payments.

Ms. Stockard, you have the right to decide whether to accept a lease or not. The lessee has the right to accept your terms or not.

Lessees like the paid up oil and gas lease because it makes them feel secure that they will not make the error of not paying the rental and thus lose a lease. The timely payment of delay rentals seems to be about the only instance in which the courts have consistently favored the mineral owner and the lessees response was the paid up oil and gas lease.

I would prefer the three payments also, for tax reasons if no other. I have heard of lessees splitting the payment in half, paying half at signing and the other half January first of the next year, but you would need some rock solid legal language, including damages in case you have to sue, in the lease to be assured that you received the second payment. Accepting partial payments is a bad thing in my opinion as opposed to yearly rental that would be a good thing.

Thank you for your reply Mr. Kennedy. Now I have an idea. I had a 3 yr. 3 payment lease through Petro Land, and now I have one for Triad, both representing Encana.

I am a new member. Hopefully this is an appropriate comment/question. We have mineral interest on two producing Halcon wells in the Woodbine play. I just read a press release that said Halcon was scaling back in that area. What does that mean for it's existing wells?

Sandra,

As long as the wells are producing, there should be no ill effect on your interest. Halcon is simply scaling back on any new acquisitions.

I am looking for approximately 5-10 acres of land for the possibility of placing a commercial disposal well....does anyone know any surface rights owners that may be interested? Call me, 512-791-2499

Good afternoon. I'm new to Leon County. I received an offer to lease two very small interests in Chas Aake/A-47 and Wm McMillon/A-575. Samson Energy made the following initial offer: $200/acre and a 3/16th royalty, for 3-yrs with 2-yr extension option. Can anybody out there tell what's going on, what are their plans (the landman didn't know much) and what the going prices/royalties? Gratefully, David McL

Anybody there?

I also was contacted by Samson for property near Oakwood, tx. I have not been able to figure out what is going on either if anything.

Thanks, Jill. David McL

But they are offering $275 and 1/5th. 3 year with 2 year option. Is your property near Oakwood?

Iā€™m here too. I have a HBP pooled interested in a gas well producing since the 1950s. Am hoping for re-worked/new drill in our 700 acre unit.

Last week the check cleared on mineral rights lease Sara Patton survey for my lease of my part inherited from my father, Alexander Franklin Key. I got 2/16 plus $350 signing bonus 3 year lease with $400 renewal 2 year. Samson Exploration and landman was Leslie Babineaux.

Jill. I apologize for the delay. Yes, my interest is about 7-miles SE of Oakwood. Gratefully, David McL

I Have 835.ac right out of Centerville tx. Iam looking to lease this. I AM the only owner and was told the geologicals are very high. Was leased until that lease ran out in December of 2013. The company that had the original lease at that time was CHESAPEAKE oil. They said they no longer had funds to release again.

If anyone knows of any CO. LOOKING TO LEASE I would like to know what offer they may have.

My name is NANCY Nierth Rhea.......682 -730-1210 or 817-881-1673.

THANKS. ........N ancy

Nancy-

There is a Listings section on the Home page that might give you wider exposure.

Anyone aware of wells drilled in the Woodbine west of Centerville and production rates?

Our 3 year lease (east corner of John Belden survey, Lecon County) expired and Clayton Williams Energy does not want to renew. Is anyone in this area getting lease offers from other companies? Thanks!

Does anyone know anything about a company ZTC which is starting drilling program west of Centerville on Hwy 7?