Leon County, TX - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Unit nr 26543 Sam Leathers 2H Total lease acres 100. Halcon was the original operator. The well is producing Oil and Gas. Since June 15 2013 thru Sept 2016 93238 bbl and 210874 mcf. I just found the info on TRC site. I know now that RI is owed our group since effective date 40 mos ago.... EXT fka New Gulf is current operator....

According to EXT the NRI is .00083055 for me alone. Total RI is 1/5 for total mineral owners. I have 3.125 mineral acres of the !00.

David,

I've done a cursory search of the deed records but cannot find the unit designation. This looks to be an allocation well, and calculating the DOI is a bit more complicated than I previously stated, and there is probably not a unit dec recorded. There is a unit dec recorded on 01/23/2014, which states it is effective 06/15/2013, for the Sam Leathers Unit of 284.35 acres, which includes the entire 100 acre tract. It's recorded at Vol 1585, Page 919. It's possible this unit was changed to an allocation well. I would ask the operator for an explanation as to how your DOI was calculated for the new HZ well. Ask them the size of the unit and for a plat. They basically calculate the DOI based on the portion of the HZ wellbore that traverses the tract, or an existing unit that your tract is a part of. Allocation wells are somewhat of a new concept and there is a lot of gray area in what is required by the operator. If you can't get anywhere with the operator, it may be worth talking to an O&G attorney and find out if your lease even allows for your interest to be pooled into an allocation well. Did they ever send you a Production Sharing Agreement or Ratification or anything else to sign? Sorry I can't be of more help. Make sure if you talk to an attorney, that it's one that specializes in O&G, because this is a very complicated area of law. I can recommend one if needed. The good thing is you've got interest in a producing HZ well. And if it does well, they will usually drill more. Take care and good luck.

Hi Jr.

Sorry that I did not respond sooner. No one has ever contacted me or my sister about anything on this well and we were just notified last week that it exists. The only thing we signed was the lease with Halcon the drilling co. The size of the unit is so far unknown by us and I will be going to see them after this week ends.

Thanks

This is a Sat Picture of the well....

http://www.texas-drilling.com/leon-county/leases/sam-leathers-trust-a-alloc/026543

David,

This link is to Production Data on your well.

http://webapps2.rrc.state.tx.us/EWA/specificLeaseQueryAction.do?tab=init&viewType=prodAndTotalDisp&methodToCall=fromGisViewer&pdqSearchArgs.paramValue=|2=10|3=2015|4=09|5=2016|103=26543|6=O|102=03|8=specificLease|204=district|9=dispDetails|10=0

After clicking on this link you can change the dates on this form back to 2013 or whatever date you want to check on production.. I would think you should be paid interest on the back money. If it was me I would contact an Attorney about this situation. Or at least ask the producer if they are going to pay you interest on the money that they have owed for the duration and go from there.

JUST MY OPINION

GIS Map of well 289-32082:

CLICK ON MAP TO ENLARGE

Clint Liles

All of the info you all have provided has been very helpful. I had a consult with a good friend in Calif.that is a very high profile litigator. She advised me to go ahead and accept the payment and accounting that EXT has said that I will receive before the 20th of Dec 2016. Said that it would not effect the ultimate proceeds due me and that the more info provided by them the better to evaluate the situation..... I will keep you all informed... Thanks so much.....

Happy New Year to all.... I said that I would update when I received payment from ETX Energy fka New Gulf. I received a payment in late Dec from June 2014 to Oct 2016. They tried to say that was everything I was due since they assumed the property in 2014. I told them they were wrong and that I knew about the suspense fund for unidentified Mineral Owners that Halcon had transferred to them and that I expected payment from the effective date in Jun 2013 product was first sold. After a lot of discussion back and forth they admitted that they had the fund and that I would be paid. I finally received payment this morning by direct deposit, I still have some questions about my lease terms and the deductions that they have taken. Also interest is due because I was never notified of the well's existence and that RI was due me by either oil company until November of 2016 some forty months ago. My next step is to find someone to audit the payouts in relation to my lease terms and Texas law before my next step. I know they ETX will be drilling more wells in the area and plan to keep up on new starts and their location relative to our Mineral tracts in Leon County...... Thanks for all the past help....

DR

The following is a sponsored (paid) promotional notice:

If you own minerals in Texas or New Mexico, consider attending the NARO – Texas convention in San Antonio July 18-20, 2018. They have a great agenda, good speakers, and the cost is reasonable. This year also includes a special session for New Mexico mineral owners. The current agenda draft is attached, and a link to their signup and information page is http://www.naro-us.org/event-2824234

Attachment: 2018-04-30%20-%20NARO-TX%20Convention%20Agenda%20%28Hyatt%29%20invite.pdf

Hi everyone. My brothers and sister inherited some land outside of Marquez Tx. About 3 months ago I was contacted by a man asking permission to survey the land for the construction of a pipeline crossing the property. He called 2 days ago with an offer. The pipeline will involve 36.66 rods of our property. We have no idea what the going rate for compensation is for this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, am I correct that the pipeline companies have the right to eminent domain?

Eminent domain is fact specific to the situation, but they could have the right. They don't want to do that though. That means attorney fees. Attorneys charge a lot to go to court. I'm not sure what the going compensation is either for that area. The size of the pipeline and what it will carry will make a difference too. But you can estimate they will offer half or less than half of the max they want to pay. That's a fairly large area, about 200 yards. Worth getting an attorney if you ever plan on doing anything with the land. You don't want the line running through the wrong place that could prevent construction.

Thanks JR11

Hello all.

Quick question for someone who may have an idea of what is going on in Leon County. I was informed about 5 years ago that myself and my family have inherited some mineral rights over there. We were asked to lease it, and agreed but have heard nothing since. I am absolutely out of the loop and the further I look into it, the more confused I get. The only info I have is A569. Thank you for your help!