Leases In Eastern Fayette & Lavaca Counties

GeoSouthern is drilling a stacked lateral well NE of Ammannsville. I'm not much of a student of what goes on down around Yorktown and Karnes City, so this may not be a big deal. However, it seems like a big deal to me and that's all that counts in my own mind if it mimics anything from down that direction.

If you're interested, it's the Charbula 2H. I've attached my map with the location marked. I've also marked the Osina and Breitkreuz wells because it appears that they're being drilled from the same pad. That rig is currently on site.

So Charbula is almost to the river and pretty much out of our area of interest but I thought it would be worth mentioning regardless.

2879-SBGAreaofInterestr7060917.jpg (190 KB)

News Alert! Just got an early update of courthouse filings in Colorado County and Jeter filed 53 leases in WW Thompson, J Burnham, and to a lesser extent JG O'Farrell surveys. If you don't want to DYOR, this basically is 532 to Oakland and then up to the Fayette/Colorado county line on IH 10. Stay tuned...

Well if this doesn't get a rise out of ya'll, we need to get out the defibrillator.

Texasfile.com has just been updated for Lavaca County and during the period 05/23 - 05/25, Jeter filed around 545 leases. Add to this the approximately 55 leases in Colorado County, and that's a smooth 600 leases in the area.

I didn't go so far as to xref the leases with the CAD for exact locations (WAY too much work) but got the Surveys to make a general picture. I've attached a revised Google Earth map showing the general location of the leases using orange pins.

Keep in mind that almost everything on the attached map is GENERAL with the exception of the two red pins which are pretty exact. Paints a pretty good picture, though.

Comments? Bueller?

2878-SBGAreaofInterestr8061417wJeter.jpg (188 KB)

To me what is the most interesting part of this is the never never land that seems to be developing in the area on a north-south line of east of 1295 and west of a north-south line through Engle. All expired Sanchez leases north of county line. Did Penn ever come back and renew the northern Lavacca county in this particular area?

WI Straighten me out. Are you guys now thinking both Jeter and Pallas are EOG, which would mean EOG didnā€™t really pull out, just went under cover?

EXOR and HBR are actively seeking mineral rights in Engle area just north of county line.

Between the "Fayette" blog and this blog, we should really just kill one or the other and just post in one. I know we probably all open both every time. Both really apply to all.

Let's keep this one. :)

I really donā€™t know anything about Pallas, particularly whether theyā€™re in cahoots with EOG. BUT Iā€™m open to speculation.

OK Iā€™ve been hanging back someone else besides me would sound dumb but nobody has so here goesā€¦

AMF will you please tell me who EXOR and HBR are? Iā€™ve looked through all sorts of stock symbols on the Milan stock exchange and everywhere else but still canā€™t find anything. I give up. What are they?

I do not know what the symbols are, but in speaking with one landman and our attorney, it appears that EXOR is somehow associated with Omimex, as in the offices are at Main and Upton. From the attorney, HBR appears to be associated with Santa Rosa out of Corpus. HBR has evidently been hitting things hard.

Supposedly, the Austin Chalk in Fayette and Lavaca counties is HOT right now. I'm not holding my breath, though.

Thanks for the info. Sounds like something interesting to look intoā€¦

GO Southern put a work over rig on Brisco well yesterday. I don't know enough if that a good think or not, Time will tell

Where is this well located?

Pallas is supposedly EOG

The Brisco or Briscoe well is about 3-4 miles SSE of Bila Hora Cemetery, in far SE Lavaca county near the Colorado / Lavaca county line, near FM 155 that goes north to Weimar and, South to 90-A then goes to Sheridan or Hallettsville. Its on LCR 140, witch is a dead end it comes off of LCR138. Google maps says: 29/31'50.38 by 96/48'03.38. Hope this helps!

I hope this is a good well! There has been some good wells put in, in the last few years from Sheridan headed back in this direction. Maybe it will tie in to some of the pools around the Conniff well and Grahmann well, and back towards Breslau, Moravia, and FM1295. They are in a SE to NW direction. Keep on Keepin' boys!

I checked texasfile and Pallas has filed nothing at all at the Lavaca County courthouse for the past several months up through 5/31. Does anyone have any info that theyā€™ve actually leased?

Thank you, John Moore

I lied its really 1.6 miles from Bila Hora cemetery. I am not a Google Earth Pro!