Leases In Eastern Fayette & Lavaca Counties

EXOR energy has a website...it this is that EXOR....at EXOR Energy they are landmen, and what looks to be a company that leases in unconventional plays hoping to get bought out (flipper). Wondering if EXOR is using the Omimex offices or in a partnership with Omimex ? I have not heard of these people but will ask around.

HBR was leasing in the Moravia area about a month ago. They were only leasing the Austin Chalk and nothing beyond that.

I’ve been told that the workover rig is not a bad thing. They could be running micro seismic or installing equipment to take specific pressure readings.

So it’s far from being a ‘failure’ because it’s probably just exploratory in the first place.

Future activities there will tell the story.

During May, Jeter filed 49 leases in Fayette County. They were almost exclusively in the O'Farrell, Crier, Taylor, and Burnham surveys. This is generally south of US 90 and east of FM 957.

During the same period, GeoSouthern continued to lease generally east of Engle and off to the NE. Looks like they're filling in any remaining leases.

Signed with HBR in late April. Check has arrived. In St. John on Lavaca side. Neighbors getting the same. $700/AC.

HBR Petroleum LLC on the return address. TMH Land Services wrote the check.

Thanks SBG75, appreciate you sharing this and it really can help your neighbors get an understanding of where they are at with offers themselves .. but , $700 an acre is only part of the story ? Do you mind sharing some of the other details that will complete the puzzle ?

Like ?

Is that for 3 years ? 5 years straight ? Or the more typical deal where that would be bonus per acre for a three year lease with and option to extend two more years at_________an acre ?

Also what is the % royalty in that lease at $700 for some unknown years ?

All that information could paint a clearer picture for your neighbors ....Thanks !

22.5%. 3 year with a 2 year option at $700

I think that is a good deal today , from what we've been seeing... that really helps and appreciate your sharing .. There's been a lot of leasing action but not much information shared so others can get a handle on fair market values today ..Thanks again !

No problem. Hope it helps!

Very confusing information on this HBR Petroleum company. It looks like it is solely owned by Heath Roe (his initials is the company name) . State of Texas says it went inactive about 1 year ago. They show no wells as a operator. HBR or Heath also has a landman name of Prime Resources. This company has been based out of Fort Worth and Decatur Texas. Now someone else on this site said in an earlier post that HBR was Santa Rosa out of Corpus Christi. So i was wondering SBG75 if you know anything else about the company you leased with ? Did the landman you spoke with gave you any indications if they were the operator ? and is this lease solely restricted for a Chalk well ? since on this site someone indicated that the Santa Rosa leases were strictly Chalk (written in the lease). thanks, your answers might give us a clearer picture of which companies we are actually dealing with in our area......thanks

I concur. Same goes for the TMH Land Services on the check. From Katy. Since their money seems to be good, someone is really being secretive about their leasing.

But thanks SBG75 for providing that information. Very interesting indeed.

Dealt with a guy named Heath. Did not say if they were operator. It’s not restricted to austin chalk only. Kind of surprised the checks have come in considering oil in the low 40’s! Figured it was a good deal considering we got $1000/AC when Cypress came in back when oil was way up there above $80.

I keep hearing from knowledgable folks that the Austin Chalk play in this area could be pretty big. Have also heard Pallus (EOG) is moving NE into Washington county and smaller companies are following their lead. Sure is encouraging when you take into consideration where prices are headed. Lets hope they don't go much lower and good luck to y'all.

Doing more checking on HBR, and when you go to Bing to search Heath Roe, right after you enter the "e" in his last name bing pulls down possible matches...and Heath Roe Gulftex shows up. Interesting, but I could not find how bing is matching this...but makes since if he is a landman for gulftex. the TMH land services is a husband and wife operation out of an extremely nice house in Katy Texas.

I've heard that Gulftex is always in the same neighborhood as EOG, so that would make sense.

Same with Blackbrush and it looks like they're leasing out that way as well. I had no idea how active Washington County is right now. Did a quick search on DI and GeoSouthern has filed over 500 leases there in the last six months. Wow.

SBG75 do you know if HBR is doing any leasing on the North side of Countyline around St. John

HBR is leasing at least as far west as Baumgarten Road.

Does anyone happen to have phone number for this Heath fellow? I would appreciate it. Thanks

I'm not sure what to think about this?

http://www.mineralholders.com/texas/fort-worth/heath-roe/5474252