Leases In Eastern Fayette & Lavaca Counties

Good morning just wondering if there is any new news on the Kainer well, north of Praha -Flatonia ? And were there two wells or one ???

only one well finished fracking yesterday

Thank you, Martin - Appreciate your reply …

Hi Dusty, I was wondering if you had heard any news on what the going bonus avg is in the areas that Riviera is leasing. They now have over 200+ leases taken in that focused area you described above. Any idea?

I haven’t been on here for a good while. I agree! I thought the blog was done! I didn’t get any notifications in ages. I DONT LIKE IT! I just happened to need to ask a question about some leasing, and stumbled back into it. Still trying to get the hang of reading the posts between counties is a pain in the AXX! To say the least. O well I guess I’m Old and grumpy! Don’t like change much!

Has anyone seen a pad being built North of I10 just west of schulenburg?

There is something coming up right along the north side of I-10. Not sure if it is east or west of Engle. Not sure if it is a pad since it is not very flat…but maybe they are still working on it. could possibly be another Tri-C pad, but no permit yet.

It’s just west of the Engle exit almost next to that cell phone tower. No additional info. Considering the location, it could actually be some sort of commercial venture. Sheer speculation though.

Definitely could be for commercial use since the site pad is not flat…unless they are still working on it…looks like there are power poles running to the middle of it as well…

Asphalt plant for paving I=10 Schulenburg to Flatonia

Courthouse Records are showing that Tri-C is leasing a lot of acreage to the NW in the Freyburg area. In addition, they’re going back and amending their existing leases with something called ‘100/50 Pooling Provision’. They’re saying that if the surface location is on your property, 100% of your acreage will be included in the unit. HOWEVER, if the surface location is on another property and less than 50% of your acreage would be in the unit, then you won’t be included. I hope that this cut/paste comes through. It’s off of an actual lease.

I guess I’ve forgotten how to edit a post (not that it’s intuitively obvious or anything!) but just thought I’d add that I find this neither good nor bad; simply an item of interest that they would take the time and effort to go back and amend all their leases like this.

So once you press Post this Reply can you edit or are you just stuck with typos, bad syntax, inappropriate language, etc?

Looks like some new company names showed up on all those new leases that just hit Courthouse Direct. Wonder if some are speculators or shells fronting for bigger names.

In the symbols at the bottom of a new post there’s a little thing that looks like a pencil. If you click that it goes back to the screen where you were just typing and lets you edit what you just sent, multiple times if you need to. Think they give you five minutes to click the pencil before it’s permanent.

I’ve had trouble with links I wanted to include in posts but after you hit reply you can clink on them and make sure they do what you were expecting and if not use the pencil deal to change them out.

This lease paragraph is mostly standard in all leases and surprised Tri-C is having to amend their existing leases…must have left it out ? Makes sense if the pad is on your property that they include your entire tract in the unit. Who wants a 4 acre pad on a 50 acre property, where the oil company is only including the 4 acres in the unit…So the 100% is standard…other tracts without the pad. should have 50% or more included in the unit. Then they can still include your less than 50% acreage in another unit…since less then 50% is available. All of this is beneficial for the mineral owner…This is now being used by Tri-C since their units will be side by side for the most part…I still have not heard the real #'s from there first unit …anyone heard anything ???

In the box where you type a message, there is a chain symbol, which is the best way to post links.

DrillingInfo just updated December '18 production for the Kainer 1H. December monthly shows 4,610 bbls, so roughly 149 bopd. Not great at all, but the well could be flowing back, etc. or DI could have misinformation (occasionally happens).

Thanks. That’s interesting. I tried looking Kainer up on the Railroad Commission website, but no luck. Like you say, there may be more to the story. I see on Martin’s 12/11 post that Kainer was not even fracked until about mid-December.

I don’t think that all the frack water is even retrieved for 3-4 weeks on average, so if ‘boots on the ground’ indicate that it was just being fracked in mid-December there appears to be something wrong with the reporting. UNLESS if you want to be one of the ‘Glass Half Full’ crowd, you can say to yourself that it flowed that 4,610 BOE over the seven days of December, which would then make it about 658 BOEPD!

More than likely, it’s either deliberate obfuscation on the part of the company or more likely the fact that ‘you can’t get good help nowadays’. Recall several years ago when one of the companies we were following had office help that couldn’t grasp points of the compass on their W-1s? NE of Whoville instead of SW? S instead of N?

I guess it’ll come clear sooner or later with the drilling of additional wells in the area… or not.

And in regard to editing a post, all I see is a chain, a flag, the thingy to bookmark, and a trashcan. No pencil anywhere. I recall that I had a pencil at one time, but it seems to have vanished. The only thing I can think of is that I use Firebox set on double secret private so that may be doing it. I shall just proofread carefully, I guess.

Something’s been up with the system. Yesterday things didn’t post the first time around and like you said the edit feature (pencil) and the deal that allowed files to be attached has been missing. (Revised edit…pencil showed up after I hit Go this time so maybe it’s back but still can’t see how to download files)

FYI, the Kainer numbers for December are on PR section of RRC under Pending. But all it shows is that same 4,610 barrels of crude/condensate produced and “0” marked for gas produced. Only disposition shown is 114 barrels of condensate marked Code 8, I think means liquids skimmed by a saltwater disposal system.

Showing condensate but no gas produced or flared must mean these aren’t the real production numbers. Tri-C filed that first report on 1/31 so maybe January’s will show up next week.