Lavaca County, TX - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Yes, Novosad’s is still there. There are two more good BBQ stops not to far away, Prause’s in La Grange is very good, and Mumphord’s in Victoria, just made Texas Monthly Mag’s greatest BBQ.

My husband and I own mineral rights on the J.L. Wallace prospect It is 12 miles sw of Yoakum in Lavaca Co. Would like to find out what it might be worth.It is not being leased at this time.The area that this prospect is in is part of 292 acre.It has been surveyed and drilled on by U.S.ENERCORP,LTD Would appreciate any info we could get on this area.Thanks,Shirley Stair

Shirley,

We have interest in 190 acres about 10 miles SE of Yoakum that I have been wanting to lease. I have had the opportunity to talk with several land men who represent the larger development companies working in that area about our property, and all of them have told me that they were not interested at this time due to large amounts of oil being discovered north of there, and hydrocarbons being so low in price at this time. It sounds like your property, like ours, is in the liquid and natural gas area of the Eagle Ford Shale development. Two land men hinted that it may be a year or two before interest in that area changes. I think we are going to hold on to what we have and just wait. You may want to do the same. Waiting may increase the value of your minerals from what they are now. I’m no expert by any means. I’m just passing on info that I gathered over a period of about a month.

Thanks so much Mr.Singleton for your info.Shirley Stair

Shirley, There is a video on the Home page of this website that shows you how to check production on the RRC website. Here is an article I wrote with suggestions on how to check value of your minerals. http://www.mineralrightsforum.com/profiles/blogs/i-may-own-minerals

did anybody see where the nabors rig blowout and exsplosion

on a EOG lease north of yoakum between shiner.

No but have co-workers, who have relatives who live near there, and my son works on the rigs and his buddies were txting him nearly all night. There was also a blow out near the Cheapside community. It is all dangerous work, with a lot of young and inexperienced hands doing much of it. I don’t know why there isn’t more of it.

Somebody is doing a great job on permits. Thanks.

Robert Fairey

I represent a mineral owner that owns one half of the minerals under 400 acres in the Coulter Survey A-104 offset location to the Ballard Underwood Estate contact R. Carl King, III Wharton Land and Minerals wlandm@hotmail.com for further details

Any leasing going on north of Hallettsville near Breslau, tx

Just the Eagle ford for now. Devon bought all Geo Southern’s leases AND infrastructure in the Eagle Ford play. Devon is a huge explorer in oil drilling technology, so it is more likely they will move forward quicker with experiments. But for now they recognized 1200 new undrilled sites in Lavaca and Dewitt county alone. they plan on drilling 200 in dewitt, and 30 in Lavaca in 2014, and they have the drilling money all ready. They expect to have all 1200 drilled by 2017, which will raise current production of roughly 53 thousand barrells to roughly 150 thousand barrells by 2017. But they want about 75 thousand barrels by the end of 2014. It is going to get very buzy around here! They agreed to a price of 6 billion dollars! Soo, they have a hell of a lot of confidence in the area! They are selling leases in Canada to concentrate on the core Eagle ford. They called these leases the best of the very best in North America! At 6 billion bucks, and their priority concentration here, it should be safe to assume they expect more then just the Eagle ford, and they mentioned that sometime in 2015 their drilling will be self monetized, so they wouldn’t expose all the rest untill then, it wouldn’t be in their best interest, but they will be able to afford bigger things here in a year or too, but in the mean time, everyone with a lease with Geo Southern, ( now Devon) could very likely expect to be drilled sooner then later, Devon wants the oil sold, not stored in the ground. Very good news. The largest petroleum transaction in north America in 2013. Our neck of the woods is worth a lot to someone other then us now!

This Geo Southern sale to Devon Energy is going to be very interesting here in Lavaca county. I heard on a conference call Devon will devote 3 rigs to drill 30 wells in 2014, ASAP! They believe they can raise the IPO rates too. A very big deal for us.

Well the reason I asked about what they were after was. in the past they Devon, have drilled south of Hallettsville near Vienna, on the Neuhaus place, and other lands, not in the EF. This is really good news.

Thank you Mr. ML and Larry, yes the article sounded a lot like what was explained on the confrence call, I suppose a duplication of the process. The map that I had seen didn’t appear to go very far east towards the komensky area, but showed the area right along the city limits of Moulton east and barely northeast, around fm260, a pretty sizeable chunk. Money seems to be air in the sails of Devon. This has been worked on since April 2012 secretly, soo, there maybe a few more surprizes to be seen. At a 6 billion dollar buy in, I see devon as someone who REALLY came to play poker for sure! One thing is for sure, all the Geo south’s leases are now Devon’s, and there are always holes to be filled and defined, soo more horse trading to be done. Some interesting times ahead!

One thing that was repeated at the conference, was that Devon"s interest was in the core of the Eagle ford. I understood this as them not being soo interested in outer lying ares, but who knows, what they’ll move into down the road.

Wow Richard, that is good news! Any word on witch direction they are going in? Also are they looking for EF or the other stratas talked about at length on this and the other site? I thought ol’ Lavaca cty. was done.

They have been heavily after gas in many strategic locations, but they drasticaly needed to diversify their stock, and pull in cash. To do this, they needed light sweet crude, the northwestrn part of lavaca in the volatile oil window is what they are after. They mentioned several times that the extra value they were looking for is to increase the all ready high IP rates. Those are the wells just south of moulton, however they also mentioned the undrilled leases that will soon must be held by production, that leaves the assumption of the leases east and north east of the Moulton city limits, plus the have a map to present their lease areas. If you are leased to Geo Southern, you are leased through Devon through this transaction. It’s the oil they want!

Devon was the very first company to combine horizontal drilling with fracking. Devon retained the Geo Southern crews that produced the high IP rates, but they have even more technology to offer. In the conference call the addressed that they plan on using longer laterals in the Lavaca wells, yes this will very interesting for our mineral owners, and our community as well. they are also in an acquistion stage with crosstex, a pipeline company, and they have access at the port of Victoria to load barges. This is a very big deal!

John, just the opposite of done, we’re just now put in the oven!

Penn Virginia just recently acquired about 4000 acres of Geosouthern leases…about 2 months ago. they did this to get continuous acreage with what they had in Lavaca county. I am not sure of the exact parcels though. The trouble with GeoSouthern east of Moulton around the FM 532 area towards Komensky is that there is not enough continuous acreage to support a unit. Devon must either acquire by buying or trading to make units. GeoSosuthern has always been a “flipper” in these parts of Lavaca, and they have made a good profit selling leases to Magnum Hunter, Marathon, Sanchez and the like. I’m sure that Devon will have the cash to get the acreage needed from another operator to make these units…so this is really good news for all of us. Finally, another BIG oil company with some money and rigs behind them. GeoSouthern did let a lot of parcels expire in the last year mainly in central Lavaca by Moravia…I wonder if Devon will be looking to go in those areas ?? about the only lands left not leased. Penn and Geo have been leasing all available parcels east of Shiner towards Wied the last several months.