Lavaca County, TX - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

grats to ya’ll on exciting news. Devon is active in Oklahoma too and although not as significant to you as buying your leases there was some Devon pipeline news in an Oklahoma paper today that probably will apply to their processes in Texas too.

Devon building pipeline system to serve emerging oil field

We are 10 miles south of Yoakum, and just east of 111. Has anyone heard if there is any interest in that area, or anyone leasing?

My Daughter and her Husband, just today, signed a lease with Penn-Virginia. They live @ 1 mile East of Wied Hall. Pretty good money too.

Penn-Virginia is approaching us with what seems like good money until you hear of what they are offering nearby… so much talk … not much solid info.

Need to check this out to verify if this is the going rate… Bak to the Lawyer!

Things are really heating up now, Happy New Year All!

The offer is for $1500.00 25% and 3 yrs no option. The offer may be standard for our area. A friend in Yoakum has a brother in law who has land in Schlottenburg (sp) and they are negotiating between 2500.00 and maybe up to $3500.00… It would be interesting to find out what they have been offered so we have a unified position that will work for Penn -Virginia and for us. My phone number is 361-676-8558

Where is Devon leasing ?

ML,

Since your are “connected” as they say in New Jersey, will you contact your people and lets see what is really happening.

Interesting.the next few weeks or months will be very interesting…

Push for the $3500 an acre the economics show we should be getting way more. If people will demand it and stay their ground we will get it.

Not to be greedy but fair is fair… the offers should be on par with each other.

Devon’s purchase of the oil and gas assets of GeoSouthern in Lavaca and DeWitt counties is indicative of the value and extent of the light, volatile oil in Lavaca County that Devon wants to spend plenty to develop.

You may want to be careful on not pushing too much with Penn Virginia. I have seen people stand their ground and then they are left out all together. I know you shouldn’t settle. But just be careful. Just saying.

Just wondering if anyone has info about renewal or sale of ZaZA leases in the Sweet Home Prospect?

For folks who might like to have professional help with lease forms and negotiating an oil and gas lease, I recommend an expert, R. D. (Buddy) Cotten. He has had many years experience with major oil companies and in helping individuals owning mineral properties. I have had personal experience with his ability, skills and high ethical standards. I would call him a super landman. Mr. Cotten is a member of this forum and listed here. He has contributed useful articles to this forum.

Does anyone know why the rig is down already on the Pavlicek Unit. I didnt think it would be possible for them to drill both units in that short of time. My only thought was maby they are done with the first unit and moving so the can drill the next one.

Apparently there is a problem with the character counter on this site. Perhaps this is why I have not seen any recent comments or been notified lately. This is a great site. Hope the problem is solved.

Previously there were questions about whether ZaZa Energy Corp. still owned leases in the Sweet Home area. I called ZaZa in Houston recently and talked to Brandon Gianfola and he gave me the following link…

www.bizjournals.com/houston/blog/drilling-down/2013/11/zaza-and-sab…

He said my lease along with many others was assigned to Sabine Oil and Gas. He said they may or may not decide to develop my tract but the good news is it’s still very alive out there.

Those of you whose leases were dropped along 53l between Hwy 90A and 77A, have they been picked up again by anyone?

J. Michal

I also am wondering if there is or has been a problem with this site? Can’t believe there is no one who wanted to add a comment with all of the oil activity and leasing going on in Lavaca County. I haven’t been able to figure out how to add a comment until now. Hopefully all is fixed.

J. Michal

Me Too, I guess if you are into monitoring this site, you probably are monitoring the Fayette, Colorado, etc., so unless somebody from this site asks a question this site is pretty quiet. I guess we need a WI, or Seth, or somebody to stir up conversations. I bet a lot of folks are listening, but are not talking, Takers anyone???

J Michal. Thanks for the posting about ZaZa and Sweet Home Prospect.

We are on 77A South near intersect with CR176 on Rocky Creek.

Where are you