Lavaca County, TX - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

I have control of 210 net mineral acres in the Coulter Survey A-104 South of Sublime in Lavaca County. Should you have an interest in acquiring an Oil and Gas Lease contact R. Carl King, III at wlandm@hotmail.com

Thanks

Does anyone know what the streamer colors indicate? We have blue, pink, orange and white streamers at our driveway.

I am presently leased with conoco-Phillips. My lease expires soon. Does anyone know or have you heard whether they will be re-leasing in the East Moulton area?

You might try contacting David Pina, who is doing acquisitions for an oil company leasing in the general area. His contact # is; 210/385-5825. I have talked to him and he seems to be on the up and up. Thanks

Which company is leasing in Sweet Home Area along FM 531 going east does anyone know??? we are currently unleased.

Dianne-- Not sure if Conoco themselves are leasing right now. They are having Penn Virginia and NFR drill on their leases that mostly expire around next march. They have almost all the area in pools, and have staked a lot of pads, unfortunately they need 500+ continuous acres to make a pool, and if your neighbors are with someone else, your out of luck. Sanchez, Cypress, Magnum Hunter and others might look at your land after your lease is up, but again there needs to be enough acres to make a pool. Get with your neighbors and see who they are with. I’ve seen so many people shut out right next door to a pool because they are with another company–usually it’s GeoSouthern.

Mickie Byrd: Where are you in Lavaca County? email me at fairey281@att.net with your email and phone no. I can discuss David Pina with you.

I have been contacted by Penn Virginia and David Pina who want tell who he is leasing for. What is going bonus in area??

I have been talking with David Pina as have some of my neighbors. What I gather from this is that he will share the info once he has a group of the right size… I know I am just a little curious as to why the secracy but I am willing to wait… The lease amount seems to be around $1000.00 which is about average… Don’t know of any other companies in our area as of this time… we are in Witting

Want to get information regarding whether or not there are any pools that have formed in the CR 265/ FM 1295 area. Also we have a lease with Conoco Phillips that was transferred to NFR that will end next year. I know several owners in the area are also in the same boat. Has anyone received any information regarding re-leasing? We do not live in the area so are not aware of what is going on out there. Would appreciate any information that may be useful. Thanks and Merry Christmas!

I am in need of a good attorney in the eagle ford area that can do a good job of negotiating a lease with penn virgina, if anyone knows of one please let me know.

We are in the process of renegotiating our lease with Geo-Southern. You may want to contact them. We are in the northern part of Lavaca County near Fayette Co off Hwy. 90.

I see soo much activity south of fm532, are they over looking moving north of fm532 just east og fm1295? I’m at fm260.

I was told by Nfr or whoever they are that they are NOT planning to drill anywhere except near the DeWitt lline on the other side of 95.

They must be going after the gas! hopefully someone else will cross the road north.

Thanks Dianne.

I need someone in Lavaca County to trace minerals that my father left in

his will in 1968.

Thanks, Marilu Ellis

“RATIFICATION OF LEASE” I’m being asked to sign a “Ratification of Lease.” This lease is on land that I have mineral rights but no leasing rights. What should I consider (be wary of) before signing?

Ms. Kinsey,

Are you a royalty owner or mineral owner without the right to sign a lease?

In either case, the reason 99 times out of 100 is to have you ratify the lease for pooling purposes.

If your interest entitles you to bonus (a non executive mineral interest), did you receive your bonus payment?

There could be several “gotchas” in a transaction like this.

By the way, Hallettsville has one of the prettiest courthouses in the state. Do they still have Novosad’s on the SE side of the square?

Novosad’s was there the last time I looked, but it’s been a while since I noticed. I don’t go thru H’ville very often. I was raised north of Sublime and H’ville was where we went on Sat. to shop, etc. I inadvertently signed away my leasing rights, but I do have mineral rights (royalty owner). I won’t get a bonus, as I understand it. Yes, I think it is for pooling. What are the “gotchas”?