Lavaca County, TX - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Our place is on Cty Rd 151 (South side) and just heard that new seismic is going to start across the lane with the intention of that area being pooled…

The info I was given was that the Eaglesford shale stops by our fence( just our luck) Are there any good maps showing the placement of cty roads over the formation… We are on the two yr extention with Geo… The lease will be up in February 2013… There is so much heresay that some sound info would be helpful.

Yes Maam, there is a lot of “HERESAY” and some “FACTS” available. If you have been to the Fayette Cty. forum there is a lot of both. I monitor this one, the Fayette Cty., Colorado cty. , and the best as far as I’m concerned is the one a Gentleman by the name of “Washington Irving” started is the Cypress and Sanchez for Eastern Lavaca and south Fayette cty. started. Most of the people on there stay focused not just a bunch of drivvle. My wife and I have land near Hackberry and Mont in Lavaca cty. Stay tuned.

Thank You John. I appreciate your input and will check that out. We retired to this area almost nine years ago and are new to this whole business… We bought the land because we like to fish and hunt never thinking about this oil possibility. The friend we bought it from let us have the minerals. So much to learn and think about… We worked with J. Allen on our lease and he really covers you for just about everything… Thanks again, Kit

I am looking at a Lease from an Independent Land Manager, under contract to EOG, to lease the mineral rights from property located 7-8 miles west of Moulton on FM532.

I would like to know a reputable, experienced Oil & Gas person that could assist me in negotiating and rewriting this lease. This person might not be an attorney but, if not, must have successfully negotiated and assisted in writing the lease to the benefit of the lessor.

Does anyone know what are reasonable Bonus and royalty numbers for that area?

Does anyone have names of persons that I might consider using for the Lease negotiations and redesign to benefit the Lessor?

Thank you.

I have a comment for Ms. Cheshul. You mentioned that your place is on County Road 151. My place is at the end of it and I think may be adjoining yours. Since my lease will be expiring soon also, I think that it could be beneficial for us to be in contact. Not sure how we would do this since I am new to this blog thing.

Thanks Chad! Yes the berckenhoffs are my neighbors. My land borders them, I’m leased to geo southern. I’m anxious to hear something about production. Thanks again!

Has anyone heard any information on the conoco/penn virginia well in northeastern lavaca at the corner of, 260 and 261?? I see they moved the rig away!!

ConocoPhillips has designated both Penn Virginia and NFR Energy to drill out their lease holds in Lavaca County before they expire in the next 6 months or so. ConocoPhillips only has about 13,000 lease acres in Lavaca county(all west and northwest) so it would only take 20 pooled wells to hold these lands, and they have already done 4 in the last couple of months. ConocoPhillips has just entered in an agreement with GeoSouthern which you can find on texfile.com. I’m not sure if this a partnership on certain parcels or if GeoSouthern will also start drilling for Conoco or if certain pools coming up includes GeoSouthern leases-which then could include the parcel next to Berkenhoff. So far all ConocoPhillips wells have been 100% Conoco leases, since they really just want to hold their leases and not drill on any others. GeoSouthern just is not doing anything in Lavaca county north of Shiner, and I heard through the grapevine they are not going to re-lease any of their leases in Lavaca county.

That’s not actually a Penn Virginia operated well at all. That well was the Berckenhoff Unit #1H operated by NFR Energy. That acreage was originally leased to ConocoPhillips and is in some sort of AMI arrangement similar to the Penn Virginia arrangement with ConocoPhillips.

That rig looks to have been released around 8/15 and was a Nabors Drilling rig, #M44…the same rig that was previously on the NFR Energy operated Sustr Unit over the summer. My guess is that rig is now setting up to drill the NFR operated Targac Unit #1H down at the southern end of CR 265A about two miles SE of Moulton. Hope this helps.

Thank you very much Chad, that is the most information I’ve had in a while!!

To Ar , I agree. Reading the post and the rumor that GeoSouthern may not renew at the end of the lease this may be a good time to talk. Our home number is 798-2262or my cell 676-8558. Did to speak to someone from another company about the possibiliyt of a new lease with them…

The ribbons could be for several things: markers used by survey crew in determining placement of drilling pad, Sietel seismic markers (are there blue and white streamers on the gates?), placement of possible pipelines. This could be another drilling site if it is Conoco leases, but I heard that NFR is not going to do anymore Conoco leases…just Penn Virginia from now on, and the latest ones from Penn Virginia are all west of US 95 recently. Also in this area and to the east to almost FM 957 Cypress in leasing everything and anything available. check this out on texasfile.com. They are very active in about 4 leagues right now, taking expired conoco and geosouthern leases. Do you know if there are at least 500 continuous acres leased to the same company in this area that is marked ?

Oh yes, a good estimate is two blocks of 500 acres. The conoco berkenhoff unit is next door, ans they are building pads down a piec in the opposite direction. It would be reasonable to think they would want to pu another padsite in the middle, which is where I am. I am leased to Geo Southern, but surrounded by Conoco leases. The are drilling around us without siesmic graphing. We were contacted by sietel, and signed the papers they sent but they never sent a check. They have just finished fracking the Berken hoff well last night. It does seem as though they plan on drilling a well in my pool. My block is considered a good production spot. Maybe I finally am about to get some good news. Thank you for your input!!

The ribbons are bright flourescent red by the way! The same colors they used on the property the Berckenhoff well is on!

Here in lavaca county just east of Moulton on cr260 there are pink ribbons on every corner post. I saw this right before they started drilling the well down the street at the corner of cr260 and cr261. Does anyone know what those ribbons really are for??

The bright red ones are usually used to guide the rig vehicles to a new pad or from an old one. You might even see these in tree branches, they are usually on each turn on a roadway. I have not seen a permit for your site, but they have been constructing pads before putting in permits. Hopefully you are next !! Also are you the person that had a well go dry recently ?

Sietel will be siesmagraphing in moulton in two weeks!

Curt, I beleive that the seimic around Moulton is for EF, but the wells around Moravia are for a differant formation, the Burns 9600 I believe. I have property in the Hackberry/Oakland area. They surveyed mine in 2009 as well. They pretty much no where the EF is, they are in my opinion are looking for other formations like the Edwards, Wilcox, Burns, etc.

I’m new to the Forum and have tried to understand the activity in the area of Moravia. I see the siesmagraphs are starting up in Moulton now, does that mean they are looking in the area again for additional activity in regards to the Eagle Ford Shale? They did seismagraphs on our property in 2009, but nothing since. Thanks for any info!

SEV shot the seismic in 2009/2010. they drilled 4 vertical wells right south of moravia, north of breslau in the last 12 months. the first one, Steffek was good for about 6 months, but has fizzled, the other 3 all dry wells, one might be good for dry gas at 3400 feet, but they will probably not persue it. Looks like SEV could be a done deal in that area, they were targeting the Wilcox formation at about 9500 feet… This area IS in the eagleford, in the Liquid Gas portion. Odds are no eagleford wells here for 3 years or so in my opinion, too much to drill just a bit farther west. At this time GeoSouthern said they are not renewing all the leases that are expiring in the area. Cypress is leasing some of those areas though, so far they have only ventured into the thomas Chardion league as the farthest point east, but this could change. Ominex now Sanchez has quite a few acres in the moravia area so they are the wild card here. they are risking a lot in their Cheers units that are about 2 miles north of _10 right off US 77. This is in about the same eagleford range as moravia, so they might risk going down to moravia if these Cheers wells come in…they have 2 wells scheduled in Cheers starting drilling in 4th quarter. I have several parcels of land, one in Breslau, so I am hoping for something good to happen since SEV is failing.