Houston County, TX - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Stories about a boom may be a little over played. We are seeing activity moving up from the south and activity in Madison and Leon Counties. I don’t think its going to be like 2005 when everything north of a line draw on a map of Houston County (about 2/3 of the county) was sought after by CHK. Look for specific plays that could be extended if production warrants.

$600 and up

Our family has been approached by ZaZa oil company in reference to leasing our land in Crockett Texas. Can anyone give us an idea about what the lease per acre should be?

We own a tract of land off of loop 287 in Crockett with all minerial rites.

Waz I - checking/photographing some property fence lines & corners for an O&G inquiry.

Shot 6 to 8 well pads, some reworking (XTOs Pennington area Revolver & Abby Lane), Hanson #1, some brand new pads with HUGE SLUSH RESERVOIRS larger than the drill pad itself, etc. Will try to post tonight. I will have some contract aerials to shoot so I will be cruising the Lovelady to Groveton then northwest on south side of FM287 to Crockett then east side TX19 south back to Lovelady. My time on each well-site/pad is 3-5 minutes, plus slow flight to next well-site, then another 3-5 minutes photo shooting pad activity then low slow cruise to next well-site. I refuel at Crockett Airport. Snoopy

Is there anyone who knows about the Egale Ford tract oil exploration?

I took aerial photos on Wednesday 18SEP and again today on 21SEP14. I’m labeling each image to reflect well-site name/location. I should have 15-20 photos posted by Wednesday noon 23SEP14. Photos include XTO Abby Lane, Revolver & Penny Lane. Also Hanson#1, plus 2 new very large barren well pads/very large slush tanks just south of Devon’s site 3/4 mile south of Crockett airport runways no equip on these 2 well-sites? Please be patient photos - they are in hand. Snoopy/Orlan Franks

Orlan,

I saw you fly over my place Sunday 21 Sep about 2:20 p.m. It looked like you might be heading back to Huntsville. I waved but I am sure you did not see me.

Orlan Franks I’m looking forward to looking at the photos. I thought I somehow missed it. So cool of you to want to share. Thank you for taking the time to fly and take pictures.

Does anyone know about the Egale Ford shale production in the Houston County Crockett, Texas area?

I am having trouble accessing the TRC site for some reason from my computer, can anyone help provide stats and an update on the Bray #1 well production (Francisco Perez survey A-63) in Houston County? Thanks.

Brian, I’m assuming that’s the right well. It’s operated by Burk Royalty.

Brian, oil produced for Apr. 109 bbls, May 105, June 91.

MCF of Gas produced for Apr. 639, May 223, June 224, July 426

‘Snoopy’ Trinity Co and HOU Co aerial well-site photos taken 18SEP14. Orlan Franks

Has anyone heard of Tiger Stripe Resources, LLC? I got an email today and it was from this company. It used to be SEM. Confused

‘Snoopy’ Trinity Co and HOU Co aerial well-site photos taken 18SEP14. Orlan Franks

This is ‘Snoopy’. My posting of new well-site photos IS NOT WORKING as previous posting. I wish to post 3 image files on each session with the image file name identifying the well location, well name, dates, etc. I will wait until I can find the OLD POSTING PROCEDURE as the current one does not work. Regards, Orlan