Houston County, TX - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Does anyone have info on the J S Blount survey in Houston county?

Alan,

Yes, Buddy is still very active in the oil and gas managment sector. Also his wife is havng some major health issues.

Clint Liles

where can i find a map showing active production?

Elizabeth, I am a mineral owner myself. I saw where you listed the abstract numbers of your minerals, but you did not have the names of the surveys and what area the county they are in. I know quite a few landmen that might be interested. Very few of them are on this forum. All but a small portion of the minerals I have are already lease to Devon and EOG.

I have about 20 acres of mineral rights in Houston Count, Porter Springs TX off of FM 132. The property is in the Clapp E survey. Does anyone know if anything is going on in that area? I had leased the land to Anadarko from 2006-2009, but they said they are not doing nothing in that area anymore. Does anyone know a company or landman that might be interested. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks

Jerry

832-381-7070

Thank you CNT, i will try and contact them.

Who at EOG is leasing in the southern Houston County area?

CNT,

Would they be interested in such a small acreage? We have about 29 acres in our immediate family we are hoping someone might try and lease but the family as a whole has much more than that. We are concerned the 29 on its own might not be enough to pull interest from the companies. We are closer to Crockett on County Roads 1105 and 1115.

Also, does calling EOG, instead of waiting for them to come to us, reduce the profit we might make?

Thank you!

CNT,

Oh perfect, thank you so much! I will look into all of that!!

Elizabeth Clemnons, What broker did the landman represent? Also his name so the rest of us can be cautious if he calls?

CNT Devon Energy has not been leasing in Houston County since the end of 2012. EOG bought out and partnered many of the companies that had been here for several year’s. There is not doubt that the competition has been mostly reduced and there is “price fixing” going on. Also EOG partnered and did partial buy outs of some of the companies.

There has been a false rumor going around about EOG stopping leasing in the county and this is false also. They have reduced two of the land staffs and eliminated two others. This is the worst group of land staff in some of the brokers used By EOG since the 2007 and 2008 Chesapeake play in Houston County. EOG is just fixing to ramp up their drilling program in Houston County. Lease options are being paid still on 3 year old leases.

Good to know. The landman who represented EOG and made an offer for my interest disappeared!

Orlan Franks: Thank you for the information about photos being taken of various drill and rig sites. Will you be sharing the photos here in this forum? I hope so. I would like to look at the photos. Thanks again for sharing your information.

Jessica, I think some company will lease your acreage. (Our family minerals are east of Crockett.) I talked to one landman. He told me the “boom” we have all been waiting for has just begun. So if we do really get this “boom” everything will get leased up.

Hi Jessica, Have you had any luck leasing your minerals? I did hear from a landman EOG is still leasing in the Houston County area.

Hi CNT,

I spoke with someone from EOG and one other company (can’t remember the name because it didn’t go anywhere). It looks like everyone is staying south of Crockett. We are north of it so we are pretty much out of luck. I asked if there was some indicator that made the south more appealing than the north and none of the people could really tell me, just that it is because their geologists said so. Bummer. Hoping that maybe after they have covered the south they will still decide to come explore up our way!

“Snoopy”, the light blue Aeronca Champ, will be flying low & slow over the Pennington area rig-sites, Lovelady area rig-sites & drill-sites south of the Crockett Airport over the next 5 days. Should produce 30-50 photos. I will post by above named areas. Image file names will reflect the well-site name and date taken. Regards, Orlan Franks

I have minerals N of Grapeland, almost to Anderson County, and haven’t even had a tire kicker.

Does anyone know of activity east of Grapeland?

ORLAN H FRANKS JR I would love to see the photos. Will you be offering them for sale? Oh this is great. I can’t wait to see them. Thanks for sharing.

Vicki