Henderson County, TX Oil & Gas Discussion archives

I did not indicate before, but my Abstract in the Buford Survey is # 112.

Thank you Mr. Copeland. I’ll check them out. Thanks again.

No permits in A-112, but Chesapeake's Ned #1 (initially operated by Eagle Land) is only 2 miles due west of the middle of the Buford survey just north of the highway.

CHK / EL drilled a vertical pilot hole and then did some re-working of that wellbore - target is supposedly the Goodland Lime (same target that EOG has drilled and tested in Smith County south of Tyler).

I see that Eagle Land filed a lot of leases in A-112 - figure it is CHK that has this area leased up.

Lower oil prices have put a screeching halt to Goodland play right now.

We were offered $400 per acre on the 115 acres, Mr. Copeland. My great grandfather G. W. Cook sold the land to your parents in 1969 according to records. Prior to that it was my great grandparents farm. The company who leased it was Osage Oil & Gas Company from Oklahoma City.

Hmmm - Osage may be tied to CHK also (OKC brethren)

Just got an email from Alan Herrington in Palestine that Chesapeake has just submitted a permit wanting to 'Reenter' the Ned #1(Exploratory Test Well)

http://webapps.rrc.state.tx.us/DP/drillDownQueryAction.do?fromPublicQuery=Y&name=NED&univDocNo=489197699

Clint Liles

Saw that permit - may be misleading.

CHK had a rig on this location right after Christmas (as per Rig Data filings) - and never filed a permit with the Tx RRC. But directional surveys were filed and indicated that they plugged back the original vertical (which had drifted to the NNW) and "kicked" the well out to the SW.

The date on this new permit plat is Dec 11, 2014 -just before the work that CHK did in late December. Plus the plat only shows the original wellbore - not the revised wellbore that has the new BHL as per the late December side track.

I am thinking that CHK is finally catching up on paperwork filing with the Tx RRC for this well and that this is not intended to be a new "re-entry".

I may be wrong on this but that is how I am viewing it right now.

Thanks Rockman. You could be right. Chesapeake could be slightly in violation of just now submitting a permit. My friend Alan said he knew they were working on the well again several weeks ago but had not filed for a permit. If some other producer did that.......oh well, Chesapeake can get by with anything apparently.

Clint Liles

What is a fine to CHK - and they just got a settlement from Aubrey on the Utica Shale lawsuit that they brought against him.

Only reason that I can figure they did the work in December as to re-orient the wellbore to point it toward where a possible horizontal could be located / drilled. But I do know that they took a lot of core and did all the high tech open hole logs on the original well to evaluate their target intervals.

About a year ago, signed a lease with O'Brien (O'Benco) for my mineral rights on property in IW Burton survey A-3. Can you tell me if anything has happened as far as drilling permits or wells being started? the TR #003-018, Carroll Springs East Ext in Henderson Cy. Recently my brother got an offer to sell his rights to Southwest Petroleum which he declined as was small amount. They didn't contact me for some reason. Just curious if anything is likely to happen to this land anytime soon--any input much appreciated. Thank you!

OBENCO has drilled 6-7 horizontals in this area and have multiple permitted wells not yet drilled. Suggest you go to Tx RRC site and scope out all the activity.

I believe that they are producing over 77 MBO and 200 MMCF of gas per month out here as of May 2015 (but don't hold me hard to those numbers)

I have checked the RRC map and have trouble finding the wells by OBENCO. Guess I will keep trying! As to your comments regarding production, don't have a clue what those figures mean--are they bad or good as wells go?

The production is for all the OBENCO Rodessa wells in this area. Only one really good well (Knepple) as I see it but if OBENCO can keep their costs down (e.g. $3 Million to drill and complete), they may do OK unless the bottom drops out of oil prices.

Look around the Henderson / Anderson County line - this is where OBENCO is drilling. Look for the "sticks" which are horizontal wells.

You can also search for OBENCO production in that section of the Tx RRC. OBENCO's ID numbers is 617512. Most recent production posted is from May 2015.

Just looked at map - you are east of Caddo Creek Lake, correct? OBENCO's closest well to you is about 6 miles due west along the county line.

They have done a couple of re-entry tests in your area with no success yet as I understand it.

Does anyone know what kind rig is on FM 2010 in the Simon Weiss serveyin Chandler Henderson County. I am told iis an exploratory gas rig.(Small Rig) It has been running about 6 month or more. Im interested in knowing if this means more drilling is coming soon in the servey.

There has been no new 'new drill" permits in that area for over a year - most likely a workover rig (probably Maximus/Key as operator) working on one of their old wells.

This group has drilled a few Paluxy tests in this part of the county over the past few years.

Howdie Everybody.

I have a question that I hope someone can answer. I currently receive royalty on several gas wells. About every other month the royalty company makes very small corrections to royalty amounts that I received in the past from these wells. My latest statement, for August, has numerous corrections that go back as far as 2008 for some of the gas wells. For example, my August royalty check may have an entry for November of 2008 where $150 of royalty is credited to me for a particular well and also $148 is debited for the same well so that there is a net payment of $2 for November of 2008 in my August 2015 check. Does anyone know why these sorts of corrections occur? Thanks

I rec'd a notice from Sabine Oil that they have filed for bankruptcy. They are holding our mineral lease which won't expire until March of 2017. They have the drilling area cleared, the pad in, the fence up but then stopped work in January. I was told several months ago they would be drilling in January 2016. I am hoping they will not be able to begin drilling as I don't want my mineral rights tied up. Has anyone else experienced this problem and typically what happens--will the lease simply expire and hopefully another oil company will pick it up in 2017?? Any thoughts. Cathy (James Latham Survey outside of Henderson, TX in Rusk County)

Cathy, your lease is considered an asset and may be valuable to the bankruptcy. You didn't say what kind of bankruptcy. If they are reorganizing they will probably still drill or they will probably assign it to another company to pay against their debts. There is still a chance they may drill a well. Long term, yes it is held regardless of the bankruptcy as long as you have been paid for your lease.

Hello Cathy,

This link will take you to a Texas map that shows the counties in Texas.

http://www.county.org/about-texas-counties/county-data/Documents/CountyMap.pdf

On the far right side of this map about 2 inches down from the top you will find Rusk County and Henderson County. They are approximately 35 miles apart. I live in Smith County in between Rusk County and Henderson County. Henderson, Texas is in Rusk County. Your minerals are in Rusk County and you are posting this information to

the Henderson County Group. Yep, it is confusing. That's like Houston, Texas is not in Houston County and Tyler, Texas is not in Tyler County.

Hang onto those minerals in Rusk County. A lot of natural gas coming out of those Cotton Valley Sand wells nowdays and many more wells are going to be drilled when we start exporting Natural Gas to Southeast Asia. Good luck with your minerals and I hope I haven't confused you too much. It should be posted to the Rusk County Group. Yes it is confusing as Henderson Texas is not in Henderson County.

Clint Liles