Henderson County, TX Oil & Gas Discussion archives

I have 300 acres in the northern half of the J.S. Johnson (sometimes spelled Johnston) Survey, abstract 410. I no longer live in Texas, so I'm unsure of what a fair market price would be per acre and royalty interest. Any guidance is appreciated.

I received a call today from James Turman, a landman representing BWEC Energy Consulting out of Tyler, regarding the possibility of leasing my mineral rights in Henderson Cty, near Chandler, TX. No specific offer was made yet as I am sending him some detail regarding additional rights owned in this area. Has anyone else had contact with these people and if so, what can you tell me about them and any offers received? Thanks!

New member; great forum! Surprised recently to have received oil & gas lease offer for J.C. Lane survey in Henderson County. Looked at Mr. Liles's very useful courthouse direct.com discussion link and there seems to be a lot of recent activity. Any current market info would be most welcome. Offer is for 3-yr primary and 1/5 royalty (with many other details, to be sure!). Thanks very much.

Clark....WELCOME TO MINERAL RIGHTS FORUM...

Share your legal description(Section, Block or Abstract # )and I will check and see if there is any activity or production in the area of your minerals.

Clint Liles

Thanks Clint! Good to find someone that knows what's going on! This lease is for 34 acres in the J.C. Lane Survey, A-469. Apparently this land has not been pooled/unitized. It goes back to a 1944 Partition Deed (v. 288 p. 1 Henderson County Deed Records - Tract 5) among the Wofford heirs. We have operating leases in other parts of Henderson County (Fairway, Hinton, Knight, Tri-Cities Units), but this apparently has not been drilled. Thanks for checking! Much appreciated!

Clark, I don't see any new activity in this area at this time. To the East-Northeast there are some older vertical wells drilled into the Travis Peak formation and the Pettet formation. On the GIS map here well 30950 is producing from the Pettet formation and was completed in June 2009. It is still producing 8 to 10 barrels of oil per day. Well 31030 in A-704 is a vertical oil and gas well producing from the Travis Peak formation/completed in January 2011.

There are a couple more oil wells to the East-Northeast that were drilled into the Travis Peak formation that are still producing.

Link to production data for well 31030:

http://webapps2.rrc.texas.gov/EWA/specificLeaseQueryAction.do?tab=init&viewType=prodAndTotalDisp&methodToCall=fromGisViewer&pdqSearchArgs.paramValue=|2=12|3=2016|4=11|5=2017|103=03945|6=O|102=05|8=specificlease|204=district|9=dispdetails|10=0

GIS Map of Henderson County A-469/J C Lane Survey:

CLICK ON MAP TO ENLARGE

Welcome To Mineral Rights Forum

Clint Liles

In 2014, my husband and I signed a release of oil, gs, and mineral lease for Henderson County from Eagle Land Services. Why? We were angry with the company because we thought they were not honest. This instrument is filed at the Henderson County Courthouse. Does this prevent us from getting any additional offers on this property? We would very much like to lease our land now. We have 12.324 acres on the A. J. Clayton Survey A-156 and Thomas Y. Buford Survey A-112.

Reta,

Signing a lease may discourage other offers until you get close to the expiration date. Really depends on how hot the area is.

Reta,

Did they give a reason for releasing the lease? Did they ever pay the bonus? Is that why you were angry?

It looks like you signed a 3 year lease on September 17, 2014, and then Eagle released the lease on April 14, 2015. That's not very typical, for a lessee to release the lease early, before it expires. To answer your question about whether that prevents you from getting additional offers: I don't see how it would. Provided you still own the minerals in that tract, the previous 1997 lease has expired, and you haven't signed a new lease since April 14, 2015 that is not recorded, then your mineral interest is currently un-leased. That means you could lease it at any time. It's just a matter of an operator wanting to explore in that area and making an offer.

Anyone have contacts with Kaufman County? I have minerals there but no contact or info. Kaufman does not have a group.

What kind of contacts are you looking for in Kaufman?

Just for general info. Leasing, drilling activity, etc.

There has only been one legitimate new permit in Kaufman County in the past two years - a 10,000' vertical well located about 10 miles south of Kaufman. This permit was filed in Sept 2017 and the well has not yet been drilled.

Very quiet in this county and it has been so for some time.

Map below shows historical production in Kaufman County - very isolated and localized.

============================

Kaufman%20Co%20Production.pdf

Thanks Rock Man. I can see why there is no group in Kaufman!

Maybe someday.

jj

JJ, you never know what can happen in the future in Kaufman Co, but the horizontal approach just doesn't have any correlative "potential targets" right now in that area (at least in the minds of the oil companies). Lots of dry holes drilled between those clusters of red and green productive wells.

Our minerals are in the John hendricks survey on the division line between M. Ware survey and the James Berry survey. I have no idea where this might be on the county map. Can you help?

jj

johnny,

the only John Hendricks Survey I find is in the southern part of Kaufman County(A-204)

CLICK ON MAP TO ENLARGE

Clint Liles

It looks like Abst.# 1205 is just below #205. We have a small mineral acreage there as well.

Thanks Rock Man

jj

Sorry Clint, I was thanking Rock Man and it should have been my thanks to you. Thanks again for the map.

JJ

Good map by Clint - note the multiple dry holes surrounding this area. Note sure how deep they were drilled, however.