Henderson County, TX Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Corinne,

The abstracts you mentioned are centered in the area where Bivins Energy plans to drill a vertical well (Welch) to test multiple horizons including the Rodessa, Pettet and Upper Travis Peak.

Word was that the original plans were to drill this well around the first of the year but have to figure that price drop has caused delay in drilling until commodity prices improve.

Corrine,

I see where an oil well (API 213-31000) is close by your A-561 to the N/W in A-546. This well was drilled in 2010 and is producing from the Travis Peak Formation. Also in your A-704 is an oil well (API 213-31030) and is a fairly good producer(129 BOPD & 250,000 MCF gas per day(flowing well) per completion report.

Link to Completion Report: http://webapps.rrc.state.tx.us/CMPL/viewPdfReportFormAction.do?method=cmplW2FormPdf&packetSummaryId=18252

RR Commission Public GIS Map of Henderson County A-561 & A-704:

Clint Liles

Has anyone had dealings with Birchman Land Services in Ft. Worth? They have had my signed lease now for about 5 months with no payments.

Susan, I have not had any dealings with them. Surely someone on the board has if they're active in Henderson County.

Have they given you any explanation as to why or when to expect payment? Any contact at all within the last five months? Did the lease stipulate a time frame for payment? It looks like there was a memorandum of lease filed with the clerks office in January. I am not able to view the instrument but according to the description on texasfile.com, it appears to cover acreage in the Levins Survey. Not sure if that's the same lease you are referring to.

Susan - I was contacted by Birchman last Summer about leasing mineral rights that belonged to my Mom in Henderson County. I dealt with David Hulse. I thought that his offer was a bit low and contacted several other leasing companies. In the meantime, my Mom passed away in September. I told him that I would wait until her probate matters were completed and the properties were divided between my Sister and Brother. This was not completed until December, 2014, and I have not heard anything from him or any of the other companies since. I assumed that the leasing activity had decreased or basically stopped in that area Her rights were just southwest of Chandler, Texas. I live in Fort Worth, but do not know David Hulse or anything about him or his company (Birchman), nor do I know of anyone who has had dealings with Hulse or Birchman. If I hear of anything, I will advise.

Thanks for the response/information. I have had contact with them but they seem to just keep stalling. I never hear from them unless I make contact and then there is just some other excuse. I'm concerned that they have already filed with the clerks office but have not paid. That just doesn't seem like good practice.

No it is not good practice. Have you contacted or personally visited the clerk's office to verify what has or has not been done? It might be worth the effort. Do you know an attorney who might not charge you that much to contact Birchman on your behalf?

This whole Birchman situation seems to point to a scenario where their "client" (operator) has opted to not pay them for leases acquired - possibly due to change in direction due to oil price drop. And Birchman is trying to find another "client" to fill in and take over these leases that are signed up and not yet paid for.

Does anyone have a good contact for Sabine Oil & Gas? I have mineral acres on the James Latham Survey. The land owner informed me that Forrest Oil (taken over by Sabine) were going to be drilling for natural gas. I know that a holding pond was built, the pad is built & there is a piece of rebar sticking out of the pad to indicate where they are to drill. I contacted the landman involved last Friday to see why I haven't received the bonus payment as the lease expires on the 12th (this Thurs). He told me to contact him today which I did & he has done nothing to follow up. I fear with the take over by Sabine my lease & subsequent bonus lease has been overlooked. My lease states there must be a producing well or re-working of a primary (initial) well or the bonus payment must be paid. The landman indicated they only had to show a good faith effort to avoid the bonus trigger.

Cathy, we’d really need to read your lease in its entirety. You may look to find a continuous development/operations clause, and see if and how operations are defined. The clause likely states a number of days that cannot lapse with no operations, sometimes 60, 90, 120 or 180 days, even past the primary term, if operations began prior to expiration. I’ve never heard of good faith alone holding a lease, but continuous operations may.

Cathy, where is your lease located? (Abstract number will do and rougn location in county).

Sabine O&G has put a bunch of the Forest Oil acreage and production that was absorbed in the merger on the auction block. Want to see if this area matches what they are marketing.

Clint/Rock Man, Thank you for the information. Is there continued production on that site? Also, is there anyone you could recommend to sell our rights?

Corinne, I sent you a friend request. I may be able to be of assistance. If you’d like to message me directly, we can discuss further. I believe some of the members on this forum will serve as reference if needed. Thanks.

James Latham Survey, Abstract 16 in Rusk County just off County Road 461

Forest / Sabine has two wells producing in A-16 making a total of about 750 MCF and 11 BO per day (most is from one well).

Mark - I had some dealing with Birchman Land Services, LLC out of Fort Worth last Fall regarding leasing some rights that then belonged to my Mom. We never proceeded due to the passing of my Mom, but at one time in our conversations, the individual that I spoke with (David Hulse, the owner, I believe) indicated that if we did not want to lease, they would consider purchasing her mineral rights. We were not interested in that and no price offer was ever quoted. There was some negative comments on this blog earlier in the year from someone who had leased from Birchman, but had had trouble getting paid. You might want to search back a few months regarding this issue.

Mark - I apologize that I forgot to give you the phone number for Birchman if you want to contact them. It is 817-368-7804, and Mr. Hulse's email is David@BirchmanLand.com.

Does anyone know if any permits have been issued for the Buford Survey to drill? My family owns mineral rights on it and just signed a lease.

Do you know abstract number for the Buford survey? Best way to search for new permits as to the available sources

Mr. Cook - My siblings and I own some rights in the Buford Survey and were approached last Fall about leasing. The rights belonged to my Mom, who passed away in September of 2014 and we never proceeded with the leasing as leasing activity seemed to stop. We were offered $250 per acre which I did not think was very good. I would be interested to know who your leasing company is and how much your lease offer was for, if you don't mind sharing this info. From the limited info that I tried to obtain in late 2014, there was little or no drilling activity in the Buford Survey area as most of the real activity seemed to be several miles south of there. I have heard of no other activity recently.