Henderson County, TX Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Johnny,

I have no idea what bonus or royalty percentage is going for in the area. if I was you I would present that question to the other Henderson County members and surely someone will chime in .

Clint Liles

Thanks, a zoomed out map would be great.

Does anyone know the going bonus and royalty percentages for Henderson county?

Hate to throw some rain on the recent discovery at Cedar Creek Lake, but we have to keep in mind that this is a Smackover well and most likely has very high H2S content.

Several very good Smackover wells that have been drilled around the lake in the past by different operators have been "shut down" by the local residents who got various court orders to prevent these wells - with the associated deadly gas - from ever being put on production.

These Smackover completions are from localized, small structural traps that don't cover very large areas - so there is no guarantee that the producing area will extend over large areas.

Johnny,

Zoomed out GIS Map of your Henderson County Section 18/A-840 and the area. The top left of the map is your Section 18/Williams Survey/Seven Points. At bottom center of map is A-784 and the H-well(API 213-31043) drilled under Cedar Creek Lake.

Clint Liles

Hey Rockman,

That doesn't sound so good!!! Thanks for the report on the Hydrogen Sulfide Gas in these wells. I didn't know about that.

Clint Liles

O'Ryan looks like they may have found a way around the past issues concerning the sour gas in this area.

They have been producing this new well - over 30,000 BO produced thru July 2014 and averaging 500 BOPD in latest month. Also over 200 MMCF of associated gas.

I believe that they are tapping a field that was first discovered by North Central in 1985 - it was these wells that were forcibly shut in by public outcry

Johnny - My Mom has some rights in Abstracts 112 & 833. I was recently offered $250/Acre and 1/5 royalty for the A-112 acreage and $175 for the A-833 acreage. I am still waiting for another Company to get back to me with their offer.

That is good info to have.. Thanks William

My mother has received an offer from Pleasant Grove Holdings to purchase mineral rights on 40.5 acres in the Miller A.W. Survey for $40,500. Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.

Jack - I am not that familiar with where the Miller Survey is located or what abstract #. Can you tell me about where this is located in Henderson Cnty? THANKS!

My mom doesn't have a great recollection of where this land is, as the surface rights were sold long ago. She thinks it's near LaRue.

LaRue is SE of Henderson I believe along Highway 175. If so, this is in the area where EOG and others are playing to Goodland lime.

$1000 per acre (assuming net = gross) seems low to me IMO

Thanks Rock Man. Is there production occurring in that area now? Would it be worthwhile to request retaining a small royalty interest?

EOG has over 200,000 under lease in that area and has drilled one horizontal well in the Goodland Lime (new play concept). It is still very early in the evolution of this play.

Personally, I would never sell minerals - everyone has their own reasons to do consider this option.

But if you do sell, you don't have to sell 100% of the mineral rights.

Remember to consider the taxes on any mineral sale too

Rock Man,

Are you sure Larue is SE of Henderson or SE of Athens?

Clint Liles

I believe LaRue is between Frankston and Poynor. LaPoyner schools serve the LaRue students. LaPoynor is a combo name for LaRue and Poynor. My family is from Frankston and I drive through LaRue and Poynor to Frankston on Highway 175.

Does anyone know if I only have a cell phone, how do landmen find me?

I am looking for information on Joseph Levins Survey A-437. Any recent activity and fair lease amounts.

Thanks!

Johnny Jones, Don't worry and good landman can find you. We use a lot of tools to help us find people. Some of which the average public does not have access to. I find people for a living in the oil business for chain of title, curative, due diligence, leases, ownership reports, etc. and seldomly have to use another service. If you were very concerned you can always file an affidavit in the county where you land is stating the facts of heirship, your current address, etc. Easy to do.