Henderson County, TX Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Sharla, thanks so much - I would really appreciate any information that will help me figure out more specifically what part of the A. Amglin Survey.

Donna

Donna,

Sorry but I forgot all about your A. Anglin Survey/A-22. I think I found it.............

Clint Liles

My interest are in Simon Weiss Survey, A-799, of Henderson County Texas. Does anyone know when and if drilling will begin in this area. Ty

Ryan,

Those questions are hard to answer. Seems at the moment the interest is in the southern portion of Henderson County around the Anderson county line. O'Benco just drilled a fantastic oil and gas well for this area. I would guess more are on the way. Completion report on the O'Benco well(213-31048) http://webapps.rrc.state.tx.us/CMPL/viewPdfReportFormAction.do?method=cmplW2FormPdf&packetSummaryId=101827

I don't see anything happening in your immediate area. To the Northeast of your A-799 a well was drilled in April 2013(213-31039). No completion report filed.

Clint Liles

I inadvertently posted some comments yesterday on the Tyler (Smith) County group, forgetting that Chandler Tx was in Henderson County. I appreciate the response and info provided by Clint Liles. My comments yesterday were related to leasing offers for rights in Abstract # 112 for which we have leasing offers of $250/Acre with 20% royalty. My Mom also has rights in the Benjamin H. Walls Survey (Abstract # 833) for which we have been offered a leasing option of $100/Acres with a 20% royalty or $150/Acre with a 18.75% royalty. The leasing company (Birchman Land Services) stated that this abstract was not in their focus area, thus they were not offering a higher leasing amount. We are trying to determine, given the level of leasing activity in Henderson County, whether to take this lease offer or pass it up for any possible higher future offer? We are not that familiar with the area and would welcome any comments from those are familiar with activity in the county. THANKS!

Can anyone tell me about where Abstract # 701 is located in Henderson County? A landman has brought this up and I don't think Mom has any rights in this Abstract. Thanks!

Hello William,

Abstract 701 is between Brownsboro and Chandler and to the north of State Hiway 31.

Clint Liles

Thanks, Clint!

I'm interested in finding out about the D. J. Cummings survey in southern Henderson County. I am one of the mineral rights owners on this survey. O'Brien Resources leased my holdings around 2 years ago. I am trying to find out if they have ever drilled on the land. Where do I start? These rights were passed on to me from my parents and I have no idea how to look for this information. Any help that anyone can give me will be greatly appreciated!!

OBENCO has drilled multiple wells in this area with some good success. Suggest you go the Tx RRC site GIS mapping option, find your survey (by number) and check out well activity.

Below is link to the RRC GIS options.

http://www.rrc.state.tx.us/about-us/resource-center/research/gis-viewers/#

Thank you for the reply Rock Man. Now if I can just figure out how to use the GIS map, I will be in good shape, lol!!

Found the survey - no wonder Holding Companies have been contacting us about selling our rights. Not about to sell, but very interesting.

Great that you figured out the GIS site. Actually is a pretty good system.

OBENCO has a couple of horizontal Rodessa wells drilled so far with several others planned. First well (Knepple) IP'd over 500 BOPD from only a1000' of treated lateral and production appears to be holding up pretty well (i.e. decline not too extreme).

Good luck on this!

Rockman- I'm looking for survey D. O. Williams, abst. # 840 in Henderson co. We own mineral rights there but have never located the exact location of the property. can you help?

Johnny,

I'm not Rockman but maybe I can help. Your minerals are approximately 4 miles to the N/W of a fantastic well that was just completed under Cedar Creek Lake in A-784. 854 BOPD/2,402,000MCF gas per day-initial/completion report link:

http://webapps.rrc.state.tx.us/dpimages/img/50000000-50099999//CMP50050209.pdf

GIS Map of Henderson County A-840 and surrounding area:

Clint Liles

Clint, Thank you so much. Hope they move to the N/W soon. Rights are not leased but if there is production that close, maybe we will be contacted soon.

Johnny,

I'm surprised you haven't gotten a phone call or 2. Good luck with your minerals. Just a matter of time.

Clint Liles

Clint, Is the block A 840 on the map a square mile?

That is very encouraging info. can you share approx. leasing rates for that area?

Johnny,

That is Section 18 and I'm fairly sure it is a square mile/640 acres. or it sure looks like it. Only way to tell for sure would be to look at the deed/you could also check the property tax receipt you receive from Henderson County each year. Hey, tax time is right around the corner...........

If you would like a zoomed out map of the region/area I can do that for you.

Clint Liles