Grady County, OK - General Discussion

@KennyA They have production numbers for 4 of the new Linton wells at the Tax Commission. I did a search by lease name on Linton and scroll down to the Linton wells:

https://otcportal.tax.ok.gov/gpx/gp_displayPublicPUNListSearchDownload.php

Rigs drilling the last 3 of Continental’s George wells… section 17-6N-6W. Picture is looking Easterly…

Two of the George wells are in the SW corner of section 17-6N-6W.

1 Like

Thank you, Don! Your updates and the photos are always appreciated.

1 Like

Curious… I am looking at a Quit Claim Deed from June,1968 for 4 acres. There is no mention of minerals, so are the minerals included with the deed?

QCDs convey whatever was owned, unless stated otherwise. In this case everything goes.

1 Like

Thanks Todd… just saw the deed where my dad bought 4 acres and the school buildings from the school district back in 1968 from when they closed the school a few years before. He mainly wanted the school brick to build a new house. He turned around and sold the land (same day) to another person who sold it to another person a few months later. So one deed and two quit claim deeds and no mention of minerals. Only the legal description. Section 12-6N-7W.

Maurice could make more money walking down the street on his day off than most people could working.

1 Like

@Jimbo_Jonas lol :joy:… yes he could. And spend it too…

1 Like

I purchased a rural school location in 1979 from Elmore City Schools and got the minerals. I’ll bet you got the mineral rights. My deed did not mention anything but the legal description. School land usually has the minerals intact Tom Moore

1 Like

The last of the 4 George well rigs has come down. Continental is installing the tanks and equipment and there is pipeline activity about.

1 Like

Kem Ranch wells in 24/25 4n6w

1 Like

Received a letter today. Continental is proposing the drilling of the Mack 1-7-18-19XHS horizontal well to test the Goddard formation in Sections 7 & 18 of 6N-6W. A multi-unit horizontal well that also includes Section 19-6N-6W.

Surface location in the NW/4 of Sec. 19-6N-6W to a terminus of 50’ FNL & 1,280’ FWL of Sec. 7-6N-6W.

Their records indicate I may own unleased minerals. They want me to elect one of five options they are offering. 1. Participate 2. $1,500 1/8 royalty 3. $1,000 3/16 royalty 4. $500 1/5 royalty 5. Pooling

Leaning towards number 5.

1 Like

Not pertaining to that but Heard He is taking Continental private again.

1 Like

Field scout Don, I’d call them and negotiate on a 1/5th. If you don’t ask, you don’t know. Can’t hurt

1 Like

Diesel- You can never cut a board longer. Negotiate on a 1/4. Plenty of us to negotiate with.

1 Like

Of course, ask the world. I always start with 1/4 no cash 1 year term. Nothing wrong with incentivizing drilling a well. My point was to ask for more vs just accepting waiting till pooling.

1 Like

@Jimbo_Jonas I heard that… offering $70 share I think.

@Diesel @TODD_M_Baker Next to Section 7-6N-6W is Section 12-6N-7W that just pooled May 2022 with more options and higher bonus money. $1,750 1/8th, $1,500 3/16th, $1,250 1/5th, $1,000 22.5%, $0 1/4. Given a choice, I would prefer the 1/4 royalty. Not one of the options they gave in their letter. Waiting for a phone call.

FYI - Building a good sized well pad in Section 10-6N-7W for the LAUREN 0607 10-3-1MXH and the WAGNER 0607 15-22-1WXH

Still building the pad for the LAUREN 0607 10-3-1MXH and the WAGNER 0607 15-22-1WXH

The pad is up on a hill from the road.