Grady County, OK - General Discussion

Great! Thanks so much! They’ve made it feel like there’s such a rush but I’m guessing that’s on their end and waiting for the lease to expire at the end of the month and seeing what offers come in won’t hurt.

Stay on top of it. But waiting a few weeks won’t hurt.

Tom Moore, Over the years I know I’ve seen Purdy on some check stubs, but can’t remember if it was from this section or not. We’ve just got small amounts in Sec 6 (3N4W), then even smaller in amounts in Sections 1 & 36. I’ll admit if someone offered me that $30k/acre I’d jump on it. Its funny how when a dollar figure is tossed out, you suddenly think of uses for it. Just been sitting and waiting so long, you know.

We also have 5 acres just south of Chickasha, Sec 16 6N 7W. If I’ve located this right it is just about where the old drive in movie theater sat along highway 81. I don’t believe there’s ever been any activity or interest in this at all. Wondered if maybe its too close to town, or in the city limits, something like that. For now, guess I’ll just keeping sitting, waiting, hoping, and wondering. Thanks as always to Martha and you.

Chris, Hang on to 16 6N 7W. They are not as hot as 6 3N 4W, but worth a lot. Purdy is S of Lindsay before Hwy 29.

Grady 10 05 05 I own 1.00566 plus 1/2. Of that. t question what is the amount I should ask for to sell? I was offered $14,000 / min acre? Thank you

5N 5W is a hot area. $14,000/acre is a flippers price.

What about 9 5? Virginia Wenger

There are quite a few wells planned for 2-5N-5W. That is why you are getting offers in 10. which are probably going to make a nice profit off of you if you sell.

I need those papers my niece and sister have received them where can I look to obtain them. 10-5-5 and 11-5-5 Grady . Perhaps you can PM me and we can speak?

Donna,

Have your sister to email a copy. The attorney who handle the notices need your address.

Donna_Kooken, you can review the documents here… http://imaging.occeweb.com/imaging/OAP.aspx

Case Numbers are: 201807079, 201807080, 201807081, 201807103 and 201807198.

As Tom_Moore said, “The attorney who handle the notices need your address”.

Terisa, I am new at this. I inherited 2 acres Sec.2-9N-8W. I was offered $1000 per acre to lease or $2500 to sell my mineral rights to them. They tell me my time is running out and I only have about 2 weeks to decided. I tried to navigate the OCC site but my computer skills aren’t exactly stellar. Are there any suggestions you can give me?

How about Sec2 9N-8W? I was offered $2500 per acre. I only have 2 acres

Don’t sell. Who was the party that is trying to steal your minerals. Someone will answer you. I will be offline in a few minutes.

There are quite a few mineral buying companies out there offering lowball (in my opinion) prices to scoop up acres from private families. Anyone who is rushing you is a red flag. If you do not need to sell, then lease. Be careful about the lease as it will need negotiation to be more in your favor.
Sec.2-9N-8W- Continental has a well pending, so I would not sell if there is a horizontal well coming. You should have gotten the paperwork for four pending cases. If not, come back and I will give you the case numbers. You need to contact the attorney and make sure your address is correct.

Huston Energy. I am elderly and would much rather sell than lease.

Both of my brothers already leased their 2 acres for $1000 per acre. Thank you so much for helping me.

If you have heirs, you might want to will the acres to them. With the new well coming, that acreage is probably worth more than they are offering. The heirs will get a step up value which will benefit them from a capital gains tax point of view. If you sell, you will possibly have a capital gains tax hit. If you are relatively healthy, then you will probably have royalties coming in about a year. They won’t be huge at 2 acres, but they will add up over time. Personally, I think they are lowballing you. There may be more wells on the property someday and they are not paying for those.

2 Likes

Martha all of your post end up in spam . How do I change this?

Martha is an excellent advisor.