Grady County, OK - General Discussion

It would depend upon your email provider. Go to SPAM and move them back to the inbox. It may have a “rule” that you have to change.

I’m sorry I forgot to mention that I don’t own the land rights only the mineral rights.

Keep in mind that probate is not avoided with a Will. A better solution may be a Trust or Transfer on Death Deed.

Transfer on death or deed granting yourself a life estate. Where there is will there is a will there is an attorney.

Using a life estate can be problematic if not properly drafted. I may prevent additional leasing unless all the remaindermen agree and are able to and sign off. Transfer on death does not limit the grantor from leasing or changing the terms.
Transfer on death has limitations in Oklahoma, for instance if a beneficiary predeceases then his/her children don’t inherit. If there are multiple intended beneficiaries a Trust is the most appropriate vehicle. Also a Trust is preferred if any beneficiary is on SSI, Medicaid or has special needs. Attorneys do charge but they also counsel.

The only paperwork I have gotten is from Huston Energy Corp. Yes, please give me the case numbers. What do I do with the case numbers? Also who is the attorney I should contact? If Continental has a well pending at this location why haven’t they contacted me? I know that I should include the Favorite Nation provision and that I’m not responsible for pre-production costs. My head is spinning.

On the SPAM issue, it is much better to use the actual website and not rely on the email notice link. That will solve the issue I expect.

The case numbers are 201805888, 201805889, 201805892 (pooling-the important one) and 201805890. You can find all the documents on the OCC OAP link. Put in the case number in the Case# box. http://imaging.occeweb.com/imaging/OAP.aspx

TPR sold some of their acreage to Paloma and I don’t know who else. They had/have ? the pending well. Check the case numbers and make sure you are on the respondents lists. If you are already leased, then you will not be on the pooling case. Huston Energy Corp may be wanting a piece of the action before the final pooling. I don’t let a time deadline push me unless they have their title work done. You will probably not be able to get a Favorite Nation provision. You will be responsible for Post Production Costs if they put that in the lease. You do not want that. There are many lease clauses that you want to be very careful about. There are several attorneys listed on the directory tab above. You need to pick one that is licensed in OK as they will be more knowledgeable about OK law.

Martha, That doesn’t work. Each one of these goes to spam folder. Used to happen awhile back then Kenny must have fixed something and it stopped. It’s happening again. Have come to the website to try to fix it myself and had no luck.

Contact him. Mine goes wonky every once in a while as well.

I still don’t understand how I could be put in pooling without anyone asking me to lease. No one else has contacted us.

It can happen. Some companies are getting away with it. Or they will count the “we are about to pool” letter as a contact.

None of those case numbers were for Grady County

What is your section, township and range again? Maybe I misunderstood them and looked the wrong place.

Martha thank you so much for helping me. The more I research the more confused I have gotten. My section is sec2-9N-8W. I only inherited the mineral rights for 10 acres along with my 4 siblings.

Sorry about that . I had the wrong sections. Here are the cases for 2-9N-8W

201902135-CLR -Horizontal well 35-10N-8W, 2 & 11-9N-8W (three sections),

201902140-CLR-Spacing for 640 acres multiple zones

201902142- CLR-Location Exception-

201902137-Pooling. See if your name or your ancestor name or trust is on the respondents list.

All of these were supposed to have been heard on April 29. If they were, then the orders will show up in a couple of days.

Hi, does anyone have info on GillaT11 in Grady County , 14-4N-5W. ? I have just received division orders and this is the first I’ve heard .

Old well. Gilla (Gilla#1& Bradley B U#T-11). Merit transferred the well to Daylight Petroleum November 16, 2018, so this is a new Division Order for an old well. You can find the old well information on the OCC well record site. Put in 1404N05W in the location box.

http://imaging.occeweb.com/imaging/OGWellRecords.aspx

1 Like

Help with calculating royalty interest on a multi-unit horizontal well: nma= 3.33 Unit size= 1280 (assuming this is correct since the unit is comprised of two 640 sections) Current royalty interest on lease 1/8 (12.5%) Perforation Distribution 50/50

I came up with .000163 Does this sound about right?

For any proplems related to your local email client, find the place where you White-list email addresses and specify that https://www.mineralrightsforum.com is a site which you do not ever want to go to Spam.