Grady County, OK - General Discussion

Continental pretty active in 14-7N-6W. If you have mineral rights there, you should have gotten all the mailings. Looks like two new wells just finished.

correct me if I am wrong, but I believe 14-7N-6W is in Grady County…

Thank you for the info. I incorrectly said Caddo Cty but meant Grady Cty. Thank you Cecil for correcting me. At my age I get things wrong sometimes. I checked the TEST statements but no production comes up. Again, thank you.

gholasek711 - you may need to adjust your search criteria… new wells SHL are in section 23

Don, hate to be a dummy, but I put what I think is the proper info and nothing happens. Is there anyway you can show me what to enter? I have a small interest in the Lowers lease. Thank you very much. Godfrey

Godfrey, you can enter what I entered in the screen shot above, or just enter “Lowers” in the “Well Name” field as there are no other wells with that name. The SHL (surface hole location) is Section 23-07N-06W, so the “Legal Location” is 2307N06W.

Also check out the tax commission PUN site… https://otcportal.tax.ok.gov/gpx/gp_PublicSearchPUNbyLegal.php

Select a search option. Section requires a 2 digit number with leading zero. e.g. 02. Township is a 2 digit number with leading zero and 1 character (S or N). e.g. 07N. Range is a 2 digit number with leading zero and 1 character (W, E or ECM). e.g 06W. To search for all PUNs in a section, township, and range.

The BHL (Bottom Hole Location) for the newest LOWERS wells are all in Section 02-07N-06W and all became active in October 2018. If you haven’t gotten them yet, you should see division orders shortly.

FYI - Sometimes the State does not make it easy to find what you are looking for. :wink:

Is there any activity in Section 21 T-8N-7W in grady County Oklahoma?

David27, you have the JC NELSON 1R-9-16-21XHM…

http://imaging.occeweb.com/OG/Well%20Records/1DD8B4A2.pdf (Permit to Drill)

http://imaging.occeweb.com/OG/Well%20Records/1DD8CC66.pdf (Notification of Well Spud)

Is this well completed? I cant tell by this paperwork and I have not heard from Continental or received any paperwork from them or any notices to drill;.Thank you in advance for any information on this well.

David27, I don’t know if they have finished drilling yet or not, but here is the POOLING ORDER for Section 21-8N-7W… http://imaging.occeweb.com/AP/Orders/occ30217657.pdf

If you are not leased, hopefully your name will be listed in the POOLING ORDER. It has instructions on what you will need to do. The final order date was March 21, 2019.

David27, see also http://imaging.occeweb.com/AP/Orders/occ30203845.pdf

MULTIUNIT HORIZONTAL WELL… SECTIONS 9, 16 AND 21, TOWNSHIP 8 NORTH, RANGE 7 WEST, GRADY COUNTY, OKLAHOMA… INTERIM ORDER OF THE COMMISSION… CAUSE CD NO. 201809458… ORDER NO. 691517

I know the Purdy and that is a steal.

You only have 20 calendar days in which to reply to an order.

I just got division orders from Daylight for wells just across the Garvin County line.(6-3N-4W) Burgess b1-6 and Burgess C1-6. This is the area I’ve been getting so many offers for. My brother just sold his days before these orders arrived. Does this mean it is likely that checks would soon be coming in/increasing, and mean it might be better to hold on longer? I have to admit the offer my brother got is enticing to me, as we’ve held this for ages with little to show. I have 5 acres, I believe at 3/16.

There is extensive horizontal drilling all around you. Marathon has increased density wells planned in Section 7 just to the south of you. Marathon has increased density wells planned in Section 5 just to the east of you. Marathon has pooling orders pending in Section 31 to the north of you and well pending in 32 to the north of you.

When cases like that are before the commission, many buy offers go out to folks in those sections and nearby ones hoping to snap up acreage ahead of the bit.

Not making any promises, since I do not know what is planned for section 6, but it it were me, I would consider hanging in there for a while and seeing what happens.

I would not sell 6 3N 4W for less than 35K/acre. I have in-laws who hold minerals in the area and have observed the trend. My niece refused 30K/acre in the Purdy area. You need to have observed the area for the past few years. Wells are still being flared. I visit the Purdy area regularly.

I was hoping to get y’all’s thoughts on a lease offer. We leased sections 7, 18, 19, & 29 in 8N 7W to Continental three years ago for $900 nma at 3/16. They’re now asking for a three year extension for $1k at 3/16 or $500 at 1/5. We own a total of around 28 acres across the sections.

We also own interests in several other sections located in 8N 7W and most of those have leased over the last couple of years at much higher amounts (lowest was $2k and the highest was over $4k I think). So I’d been expecting this offer to be higher, but I also haven’t been paying much attention to what’s been going on out there to know one way or another.

Thanks for any thoughts – y’all have always been tremendously helpful!!

That sounds very low.
TPR pooled section 29 in January 2019 for $5500 3/16ths and $5000 1/5th and $250 1/4. That would be my starting point for that section.

TPR pooled 18 & 19-8N-7W in August 2018 for $6000 3/1ths, $5500 1/5. Another two with a pretty good starting point.
Since you have multiple tracts, you can probably get a much better deal.
Do you have an option to renew on your first leases? If not, then you can lease to anyone. Now is a good time to pull out those leases and really understand the clauses and make changes for the new leases. No post production charges at all, depth clause, commencement of drilling clause, no warranty clause, no option to extend, no top lease clause are always ones that I concentrate on fixing.

Thanks Martha! Super helpful as always! There isn’t a lease renewal in our current leases so we should be clear to lease to anyone. You’ve helped us with the extra clauses in the past and I definitely plan to make sure we get those in future leases.

If TPR pooled these sections, should I approach them to make an offer? Or is the best thing to do just to counter Continental’s offer with the pooling amounts? In the past I’ve always started the negotiating process having multiple offers in hand and going with the highest offer, I’m not sure how to go about soliciting offers. Thanks!

TPR was just bought by Paloma Resources (I think), so they are in the midst of that. If it were me, I would tell Continental that they can start with the pooling offer and that you are entertaining offers from other companies. Bunch of them are in the area. When your lease expires, they will probably come hunting for you.