Garfield County, OK - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

If it’s as good as the Springer secret that Continental sat on for two years, the wait will be well worth it!

Secret rare earth elements like platinum and yttrium for use in fuel cells. Deborah, it may be more like Star Trek than The Twilight Zone

Thanks for the information. I wonder if there are any of the old wells pumping? How to find out.

Martha, Oklahoma Corp Commission page, oil/gas database, well browse, section 27, 21n, 3w. all images, 1002A # 500333325, shows completion report completion date 8/1/2014, 1st production date 8/1/2014, date tested 8/12/2014 Woodford formation. Am I crazy or what? Devon said they haven’t completed it yet per phone conversation today.

Martha, also on the Oklahoma OCC Images oil/gas transportation report 300R for August 2014 Devon shows that Eason 27_22 27N 3w 541 runs of (1) crude oil. I am beginning to fill like I am in the Twilight Zone.

Deborah, Good news, you’re not in the twilight zone and you probably have a good Woodford well. The OCC has allowed Devon to code the well confidential which means it’s a secret (aka a ‘tight hole’) meaning the operator can require the well as secret as possible. Look at the (WHX) after the well name. The WH means Woodford Horizontal and the X means confidential. http://imaging.occeweb.com/OG/Well%20Records/1DD27B0D.pdf

Congratulations Deborah on your good news.

Thanks again for your thoughts, Deborah. I haven’t had any experience with the oil and gas research.

Deborah, They probably found a new formation and if they produced the new formation it wouldn’t be a secret anymore. They have to produce something or they would loose the lease, so they produce the Woodford until they decide to release the confidential information.

Deborah, It has been completed, but it’s coded confidential. I think Devon is going a little to far and they should at least tell you it is coded confidential, but Devon employees can be fired for giving a report on a confidential well, so they zip it.

Ok, I am backing off of this for awhile. Devon said on Tues the Eason Well Section 27 21n 3w was not complete, but everyone on the Corporation Commission side says it is. Not putting a lot of stock into this anymore. It is what it is, and I will believe it when I see it.

It’s not a big producer, why would they have it coded confidential?

I don’t believe that the X means confidential. It is a designation that it is an extended horizontal. Meaning that is being drilled across section lines. Over 5000 feet.

I hope so, otherwise I would rather have a lease renewal again. I remember my partner telling me that leases are sometimes better than the actual well. I will be 61 next week so maybe I will see something happen in my lifetime. ha

Virginia, we’ve missed you!

Deborah, Oklahoma Tax Commission reports Status: Active.

https://www4.oktax.onenet.net/GrossProduction/PublicSearchPUNbyLega…

W Schweer, You are right, the well is on 1280 spacing, but I had a well coded X in Payne Co that was not over 5000 ft and OCC told me it was coded confidential.

Tim, Great looking page!

I would like to introduce a new service my company debuted last month called OK Energy Today. com. It’s a daily newsletter which comes to your Inbox every day, and delivers Energy News headlines from Oklahoma and the industry. Click on the story and you are sent to our website with full story details. It’s free to join, just hit the subscribe button at http://okenergytoday.com/. Besides daily energy news we will provide daily Permit to Drill reports and Completion Reports, all with Google Map links so you can actually see where the wells are located. There is also a forum page that is just starting up where you can post comments as well. Please give it a try!

Thanks!

Tim

Tim West,

Thank you. Your site should be a great help to all of us.

Virginia