Garfield County, OK - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Virginia, Do you mean Tip Top Energy Production US LLC? If so, Tip Top is Sinopec’s US subsidiary and Sinopec is Chinese. http://english.sinopec.com/index.shtml

Martha,

I think that is the one. What I don’t know at this time is why Devon was the grantor and Tip Top Energy Pet is the grantee. I just know they were suppose to drill a well and the next thing it’s Tip Top, yet I haven’t read anything regarding a merger, etc.

To all my many advisors out there; is there anyway to see who the purchaser of our little dab of oil and gas is. We started production according to Oklahoma Corp Commission on August 1. I think there is a delay before it goes to the Tax Commission. Wondering if there is anything that I am missing on the Corporation page.

@Martha: So sorry you had to endure CHK as an employer, and kudos to you for getting out of there as quickly as you did. And you’re right, imho, Aubrey is a brilliant man. Its just too bad many people suffer at his hands. (I remember reading about the Bass lawsuit, but hadn’t heard they won…I hope it was a massive payout).

@Virginia: I hadn’t heard about Devon selling (or transfering) leases to TipTop. I know they made a deal roughly two years ago with Sinopec for some working capital. Maybe that is what this is? Don’t know for sure. Devon has our lease so I’d be interested in seeing how that plays out.

@Deborah: Hope you get a good well (or 3). Its too bad it came online about the time OPEC reared its ugly head to purposely lower oil prices. My guess is that they see the US shale boom as a threat, so they’re trying to dissuade current and future US investment.

Virginia and Chad, Thank you for the good news Virginia. Aubrey is the great-nephew of OK Governor Robert S. Kerr. Sometimes, I think the nightmare at the Kerr-McGee Cimarron Fuel Fabrication Site plant near Crescent, Oklahoma has never truly ended. But, it sure ended for Karen Silkwood.

Thanks Martha.

No wonder he got so smart in the oil world, he had lots of training for a long time. I’m just hoping other oil company won’t follow suit. And that the Saudi won’t ruin our oil prices. Then the Chinese, Korea and French will go over there to invest.

Thanks for the settlement info Virginia. Martha, yeah, Karen ended up on the wrong side of an obvious murder. I had no idea Aubrey was the Great-Nephew of Robt. Kerr. Oie!!!

Chad,

Chesapeake pay out:

DFW airport 5.3 Million

Bass Brothers won ++++

Hyder Estate 1 M ++

Arlington City 1 M +

Ft. Worth won

Right now over 10,000 people in Tarrant and Johnson Co are suing.

Aubrey is really a smart man, but also a big crook and needs to be put away instead of making rules for Washington D C. He is going to hurt all of us before this is over.

Regarding Devon and Tip Top. According to Noble Co records, (Garfield Co not on-line). Devon assignments, bill of sale & Conveyance 33% of all leases, working interest, etc to Tip Top Energy Production. I haven’t check the records yet to see if anymore has been transferred.

Regarding oil prices, I heard that Saudi break even cost on oil was $10 BB, while TX has to have about $60 to $75 B to break even. If I remember right, CAN was about $100 and N D was up about $75 to $80. So, it doesn’t look good in the oil patch right now.

Virginia, are you saying we are not part of Tiptop if I am setting on the very edge of Garfield county, Section 27, 21n 3w?

Deborah,

I do not know for sure if you are part of Tip Top as Garfield Co Clerk office is not on line. I just heard that some of Devon leases were assigned to Tiptop. When I go to the farm, I will have to check on it.

Even if we are part of Tip Top, they are probably letting Devon take care of things for them.

Found the Oil Transporters Report for August 2014; Eason 27_22-21N 3W Devon 541 runs…

Deborah, Have they paid you for 541 runs?

Michael, I have a township map and it shows this to be in the Kremlin Township. I have relatives in this area, but I live about 2 1/2 hours away.

I read the article from the Bloomberg today, and it states that Devon will idle four of its 6 rigs in Oklahoma’s Mississippi Lime prospect during the upcoming year. Doesn’t sound promising, but then again with all of the market downfall knew it would happen.

My partner finally got through Devon today to check the status. A devon representative from the Division Orders personally called me back while I was at work, unfortunately I didn’t get his name, but he personally told me that section 27 21N 3W was not completed, which doesn’t quiet agree with the Corporation Commissions Completion Report on file showing completed 8/1/2014. Maybe there is more going there than I thought, I told him I had saw test #'s and was sort of disappointed on the completion report. Anyone have any more information to add to this?

I have several ideas on this. Maybe Devon is keeping us in the completion stages for the possibility of a possible sale. Looking at Net Energy.Com property list, there is a listing of about 5 counties and the different plays involved, some show in the completion stages, which maybe where I am setting in section 27 21n 3w. So much to be learned in this industry. I thought there was a lot in the automobile industry where I once worked. ha

We have mineral rights in section 4-24N-6W in Garfield. We received royalty payments for several years and then they stopped. We live out of state and do not know if there is any working wells or even where the land is located. Any information would be helpful.

Deborah, Where did you find the OCC completion report for 27-21-03W?

I am also a small owner. My sister and I inherited our share from our father who was one of a large number of distant relatives.

I AM PROBABLY THE NEWEST KID ON THE BLOCK, I’VE HAD A LOT OF HELP FROM PEOPLE LIKE VIRGINIA AND MARTHA, AND MANY MORE. WE CAN LEARN AS WE GO TOGETHER. I AM NOT A LARGE MINERAL OWNER BUT I’VE LEARNED IN THIS VERY SHORT TIME NOT TO COUNT ON IT UNTIL IT ACTUALLY HAPPENS. THE OKLAHOMA CORPORATION COMMISSION TELLS ABOUT PERMITS, HEARINGS, ETC. I’ve heard it reports gas, but the Oklahoma Tax Commission is for finding out about the oil portion, and it is about 6 months behind.