Garfield County, OK - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Tim, Great site! Thank you.

Thanks, so much. I am very interested in your input on making the site as good as it can be for all sectors of the Energy industry. If there are things you would like to see on our Forum, please let me know. Our site is all about Oklahoma Energy, and we can add features easily.

Deborah,

Don’t give up yet. We still don’t know what they are going to do with these 2 wells. I haven’t seen a purchaser set up, so we really don’t know. Like Martha said, we are just in a slow time, happens every 5 years or so, nothing new. In a couple years, everything will recover and be going strong. Prices will come back up.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to Everyone.

Sitting here today, lots of thoughts went through my mind. The last 3 years have kept me very busy, found out I really did have minerals, got to meet a lot of very nice people that have helped me along the line, tracked the oil and gas wells on a daily basis, learned how to surf the Corporation Commission very well, and also have tackled the Oklahoma Tax Commission. Made several trips to Hayward America, and then watched it all almost fold when just as quickly as it came, the prices are dropping at an all time low. Virginia tried to warn me. ha.

Deborah, Drilling has not stopped and this is the slow time of the year. Go to OTC website weekly dockets and view location exceptions and poolings. http://www.occ.state.ok.us/

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you too Virginia. You are right, the US shale revolution is here to stay. The US is just giving the world a little breather and time to adjust. I’m shopping for oil and gas companies this Christmas! LOL

Martha,

I think I will wait a little longer before shopping for oil companies. I don’t think we have seen the bottom of this yet, but there is money to be made on this in stocks, if not in oil. Good lucky.

Looks like Devon hasn’t posted their October numbers yet.

Finally saw some gas figures today on the Oklahoma Tax Commission Pun Search. Looks like the gas might actually be a little better than the oil that has shown up on the Oklahoma Corporation Commission. Devon is just so slow to release anything…

Section 27 21N 3W Garfield County Ok.

What exactly are runs that are listed on the monthly transportation report at the Oklahoma Corporation Commissions?

Devon filed their Transportation Report today for September and October 2014. Section 27 21n 3w was 1763 runs for September 2623 runs for October, and 1949 runs for November. Still confused by what they call runs!

Are my eyes deceiving me or is there an operator trying to get a lot more production off of one rig?

Sure would help to offset some of the low oil prices…

Garfield County
THOMPSON #5-6WH, January 13 2015
06 24N 4W NWNWNWNE API: 04724992
Lat: 36.593007523454, Long: -97.67463373315223
SK PLYMOUTH LLC
HH, DR, 11000 ft, WOODFORD(6050)

Garfield County
THOMPSON #4-6H, January 13 2015
06 24N 4W NWNWNWNE API: 04724993
Lat: 36.59300749148809, Long: -97.67509357130021
SK PLYMOUTH LLC
HH, DR, 10700 ft, MISSISSIPPI(5450)

Looks like Devon is working at getting their division orders out. I am patiently waiting, ok, maybe not patient, but waiting just the same.

Here is what I am seeing so far for your section Deborah

Virginia, I’ve seen some wells greatly benefit from fracking surrounding wells and there’s some amazing EOR being developed that will drive production. Also, new technology is making it possible to image the subsalts and presalts and there is no limit to oil and gas below the salts. Whether on shore or off, buried salt is a blessing to oil and gas, because salt creates the heat that cooks the immature hydrocarbons. This is sure not the oil and gas industry of my youth.

17.63 is the total barrels of oil for September and looks like September gas total is 9094mcf.

Here is the website and there it seems there is always a 3 month or so delay in reporting production figures.

https://www4.oktax.onenet.net/GrossProduction/PublicSearchPUNbyLega…

Virginia, the storage tanks may be for Sunoco’s new granite wash extension pipeline. Sunoco had to build the extension because Cushing can’t handle the granite wash due to the fact that Kinder Morgan just bought Hiland’s assets including its new 84,000 barrels per day Double H pipeline, which is slated to start moving Bakken crude to Wyoming by the end of January 2015. There the Double H connects to Tallgrass Energy Partners’ Pony Express pipeline, which moves crude to the U.S. oil futures hub in Cushing, Oklahoma. Also, they have started drilling verticals in the OK granite wash, so production can continue below $40 per barrel. http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/01/21/us-usa-pipeline-oil-factb…

http://www.sunocologistics.com/granitewashextension/

Deborah, I have a well in Payne that production averaged 200 barrels per day for the months of Aug, Sept, and Oct 2014, so that’s 6000 barrel per month, but the OTC gross production reports shows that it produced 5 barrels per month for Aug, Sept and Oct. That’s because they only sold 5 of the 6000 barrels per month. OTC only reports what is sold, not what is produced, because the operator only has to pay taxes on what is sold. They are storing the production, not selling it. The only reason they sold 5 barrels is to keep the well on active status, otherwise it would be shut in. We will not get accurate production reports from the OCC or OTC until oil prices stabilize.