Fisher County, TX - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Ok..I found it..

Click on the image below and you can see the production numbers for MANN#1 - Drilled by Armour - but owned by Gunn Oil. The RRC# is 30940. Looks like pretty good numbers to me - about 145 BBLS per day. Good luck to all of us.

That well is 4.2 NE of Rotan..

Note that there is no decline curve on this production - its actually going up - which is amazing compared to typical wells I see in Reeves County. Also not the formation is listed as Wildcat - so who knows what formation they actually hit - if anyone knows..please share..

1 Like

I have been told the Mann well is a Pinnacle Reef well. Cored the shale but is producing from the reef. Mann #2 and Cahill are offsetting in the same half section,

I am surprised with the seemingly good report on wells in the area that there has not been more effort to obtain more leases. The County Clerk's office in Fisher County seems to be behind in their records so landmen may have a hard time finding folks.

There are now 2 producing wells on the Mann Lease. Completion on well number 3 occuring now. There appears to be a new location a couple of terraces over north of the 3rd well. the first well tested at 150 barrels of oil per day and Around 240 MCF. I have not seen the 2nd test listed there is also a new well north on Hull Lease, Sojourner owns the existing well on this Lease so I am making an assumption only that this new well is theirs but do not know or if in same formation..

Our section shows 3 dry holes, 2 pending, 1 plugged, and 2 oil wells. The problem is I can't retrieve any info on them and followed every step on Kreg's video. This is the only info on the only one I could look at submitted 03/05/1979 Approved 03/05/1979 and status # gives no info but they don't say plugged. Any ideas?

Blake -

Sorry to say anything old - like from 1997 and older typically doesnt have much info. What block number and section are you in? I might take a peek and see whats up..

Does anyone know who is leasing East of Roby?

Thanks Kreg.......A250/185

Blake - I have the same issues you are having. I can tell you this - most everything I see is 30 years or older and info is rare to find..probably predates any computer input.

One the one well- you could try contacting SOUTHLAND PETROLEUM COMPANY (805620) and see if they can tell you anything about that one well from 1979 using API 151-30943 - they should be able to tell you something

I can't find a thing on Southland. I made contact with a few people I found searching around but they say they sold out most of what they had and can't find an actual number for an office. Thanks though Kreg i'll keep poking around.

Does anyone know any thing about the electrical transition lines being built up in northern Fisher County near CR 540?

What electrical company is doing that?

Been kinda quite in Fisher Co... any news on what is or what is not happening?

They are doodle bugging in far eastern fisher county up to the Hamlin city limits. TDG is the company doing it. They have staked from there to west of Celotex.

Robert, the power line is North Houston Power and is going south of Stamford and then north to the old power plant at Stamford Lake. It will tie into lines going to Houston from there.

486 acres in southwestern Fisher County Block "Y" available for lease ... also 160 acres north of Roscoe cemetary in Nolan County available for lease

Power lines. Is there any wind farms to be built around Rotan or west of Aspermont? These lines run just south of my ranch.