Fisher County, TX - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Group of seismograph trucks working out on the Royston highway. They are between the Fisher/Jones county line and the golf course. This is SW of Hamlin. Took today, need to reset the date/time on my camera!

Check out www.citizensshaleadvisors.com for free information about why this is happening.

Nice picture, just funny that they used a black and white one for the nasty old drilling site and a pretty colored one for the trees and stream! Didn't see anything on why they are Doodle Bugging but, lots of information that could be helpful!

First horizontal Cline Shale test for Fisher County:

DEVON ENERGY PRODUCTION CO, L.P.

Lease Name
DAVENPORT, ROBERT M

Well No.
1H

GENERAL INFORMATION

Total Depth

SURFACE LOCATION AND ACREAGE INFORMATION
RRC District No.
7B
County: Fisher

Surface Location
11.7 mi. W Roby

Section 16.
Block

Survey
H&TC RR CO

Abstract No.
A-1591

Distance to nearest lease line:
468 ft.

Les, are you sure it's block 3 section 16? When I go to the TRRC website and key in the abstract number A-1591 it takes me to block 3 section 126. Regards, Kenneth

I spotted it with my mapping program - Petra. You're right, it's section 126 for the surface location. The bottom hole location is in section 109. It's a 7400' lateral

Got a query on holdings in:

Northeast corner of Section 8, Block V, T&P Ry. Co. Survey in Fisher County, Texas, also known as the J.S. Criswell Survey.

Anybody know who’s active around there?

Talking to my Son today about the gas in Fisher County. He said they are going to be getting 1100 cfm of gas from their line that goes to Colorado City. The well they will be getting it from is in the Claytonville area. He doesn't know where it is for sure but, they will have to lay 7 miles of line to connect to it. Possibly on the Davenport lease.

My rights are just East of Claytonville. Where 611 intersects with 419.

I got a letter the other day from a outfit that wanting to purhcase my mineral rights. They know I leased to Gunn Oil.. so they actually did a little research. Which tells me that things are about to heat up in Fisher.

Has any one determined what formation is the "play" in Fisher? Is it Cline Shale?

Where are your minerals located?

Abstract 123. Which is near the Rotan airport

I thought it was illegal to drill from some one person's property on the surface, laterally to oil or gas to a location where someone else owns the minieral rights. Can anyone clarify?

Jerry, there are lots of factors that govern the ability to drill and bottom hole under an offset tract and more details are needed in order to answer your question. Are all parties under lease? What are the terms of the pooling on these leases? Also without knowing what if any kind of unit has been formed we dont know what tracts are included in the unit. Its very common in other parts of the state for a Lessor to have a non surface use lease providing for pooling only to be the bottom hole location tract while an offset surface owner willingly provides surface use. If you are asking if a company can drill from an offset tract that they have leased under a tract they dont have leased all or in an part (economical) and drain from under the unleased tract the answer is no they can not.

Thanks RD, That answered my question perfectly.

Jerry

Worth a look before making what could be a bad decision...

http://citizensshaleadvisors.com/

Les - The Devon well in 126 is not the first Cline test in Fisher County. The Kirkpatrick Oil Company well in Section 12, Block V, in the NW part of the county is the first Cline test in Fisher County.

Kirkpatrick pulled off of the well a while back. The rig they had couldn't do the lateral. I know this because they were trying to get the rig that we were using to finish the well. They may have finally gotten one, haven't heard. Actually Sojourner completed a vertical well in the Cline - IPP 30 BOPD. Not sure what it's doing now.

Les - I guess I should have said first horizontal Cline test. The kelly-drive rig Kirkpatrick ended up with took the well to TD with no issues.

Does anyone know how the "Three Finger Shale" got it's name and how large it is?