Fisher County, TX - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Here is a link to another article that may be of interest. The CEO of Pioneer is very bullish on the Wolfcamp and I assume that is the zone we are all counting/hoping on. http://news.investors.com/article/604304/201203141341/it-is-all-abo...

Thank you, Robert M. More good information.

I looked up a map showing the Wolfcamp area and it does not include Fisher County. Has the area been enlarged to include Fisher?

I think this is a different play, called the 3 fingered shale.

I agree, I've always heard the shale in Fisher County referred to as the "Three Fingered Shale."

They have not named this "play" yet I suspect they are scared the leasing rates will go up and the "hype cycle" will kick in if it gets an official name. (kind of like Wolfbone in Reeves Co)

To my knowledge - a lot of shale is "3 fingered". The play is actually going to be a frac'ing of several formations - like Noodle Creek and Flippin Sand - maybe they will call it Flippin Noodle

Here is a recent article about Devon Energy and the Cline Shale....enjoy!

http://oilandgas-investments.com/2012/natural-gas/the-permian-basin-oi-play/

Citizens Shale Advisors (CSA) is working in the Fisher County area. I understand they have some client mineral owners. See their website:

http://citizensshaleadvisors.com/

An extremely well done web site. These folks have put all the right ideas together for those of us who don't have their combined resources and experience. Although I know nothing about their background, I hope we'll see some positive comments from their clients. I certainly admire their approach.

I put together a Texas GIS tutorial to help those out who want to do the following:

1) Find their property

2) Find out how active the region is

3) Find out about production rates in the area

Please be sure to view this in full screen mode and turn up the volume(my audio was a little low when it was recorded)

Hope it is helpful to some of you.

you can view it here:

http://youtu.be/t4YIwFivoEY

Extremely helpful, Kreg. Thanks for the well done instructions.

VERY helpful, Kreg. Thanks for sharing this.

I have had several calls in the last few days from Neighbors who have had their offers rescinded or have been given a short deadline for closing deals. They are telling me that the Devon who has been the main driver of the activity in the area is content with their lease position and calling a halt to leasing new acreage. They are preparing to drill multiple wells in Sterling County and want to see more science before acquiring anymore acreage. Has anyone else heard this?

The "we've got all we want so you better sign this without reading it 'cause after Tuesday the boss says cut it off" tact is the last play of a lease flipper as the price rises above his comfort level.

It may be true that Devon has all it wants for the moment, however, the "rescinded" offers are most likely from a couple of "entities" who have been harvesting the low-hanging fruit, and now that the easier/cheaper leases have been signed they no longer have sufficient margin to flip. I have actually been receiving more inquiries in the last two weeks than before the flippers pulled up stakes and went to work on the back side of the deals.

At least one of the "low hanging fruit" gatherers was getting people signed to options that run in excess of a year before the lessors receive their lease bonuses. They'll have plenty of time to flip, and the flipping will begin to compete with actual leasing to some degree as the county gets "leased up".

I talked to an oil and gas operator in the area and they did confirm that Devon has completed its leasing activity for now. Devon has acquired up to a half a million acres and is getting pressure from its Joint Venture partner to start developing the acreage they have acquired.

There are still many questions that remain to be answered about the "Cline or Three Finger Shale" and the amount of production, if any, that each well will give up. From what I understand, there is still a big question as to which commodity the shale will produce: Oil, Gas or Both.

If Operators complete a well in the Shale and it is proven to produce oil at economic rates, we can all expect leasing activity to resume. On the other hand, if operators complete a well in the Shale and the hydrocarbon is gas, we can expect leasing activity to come back when the natural gas market gets stronger.

On a good note, I have been told by a Kinder Morgan representative that a number of wells are in the process of permitting in SE Scurry County. The representative had no indication of which formation would be permitted, but stated that the Shale would definately be looked at.

Gunn Oil has a lease that was drilled late in 2011 I think. The wildcat lease is called MANN. Its about 6 miles? east of Rotan. They have permitted 3 more wells in the same area.

That should give people in that area a good indication of what the production oil rate is for the "new Fisher Co play"- and its a pretty good producer. - No Guess work here - real data with real production #'s. Is it the same thing Devon is after? That I do not know...I cant imagine it being something Devon is NOT interested in..

Thanks! Great news! Will be fun if things start 'moving'!!!

The producing interval on the Mann #1 well operated by Gunn is the Palo Pinto formation. The Palo Pinto formation lies beneath both the Cline Shale and the Three Finger Shale. I am told that Gunn did extra science on the Shale to help increase the value of their acreage, but has yet to produce from it.

Our land is about half way between Rotan and Roby. I'm having a hard time understanding whether this Mann well is good or not and is it about 6 miles east of Rotan or somewhere else? Info appreciated!

Paula - I stand corrected. MANN #1 was drilled by Armour. The RRC# for that well is 720806. Its production increased from 1156 to 4167 from Oct to Jan 2012(I noted this on 3-12-2012). What is strange is that when attempted to look it up again on the production query of the TRRC site - it now shows "No Matching Information". - weird.:The well is 4.2 miles NE of Rotan. Gunn Oil has Permitted MANN#2 and CAHILL in the same location..and your correct Gunn has not produced yet - but they are pretty excited about it.