Fisher County, TX - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

I signed with Gunn - Never heard of Arrington. Gunn seems legit and they just permited a new drill about 1 mile from my location. They are right next to the Armour drill site. Good luck to us all! Lord know we could use it

Arrington is legit, he did well in the Barnett and has been active in several shale plays since. Where you lands are in the County have a lot to do with what companies you will deal with. There appears to be alot of buying in the blind or black hat buying going on. Larger companies using multiple brokers to buy leases around the counties and in some cases in the same areas.

Trying to find out where drilling permits are issued in Fisher County on the Texas RR Commission website is utterly confusing. Has anyone figured it out?

http://webapps.rrc.state.tx.us/DP/initializePublicQueryAction.do

We have some independent land men signing people up and I figure they are flipping them. I am waiting to sign, do not want to get in a hurry and regret it.

Anyone have recent examples of actual leases signed? The only one of which I have heard an actual set of terms is an option at $250 ac/20% for a paid-up three year lease (no delay rentals). Rumors abound of better deals, but swapping a rumor for cash isn't always easy to do.

Have offer of $300 per acre for 3yr, 2yr extension at same bonus of $300 per acre. 20% ORRI. This is Southwest Fisher County close to Claytonville Field and other location Right outside Roby, Tx City limit (South). Waiting on another offer. Devon Energy is offering over $600 and 23% in the same areas as well as Southeast Fisher County, Nolan County Border. Waiting on some offers from other Companies. Northern Fisher county there have been actual leases signed for $725.00 per Acre and 23% ORRI. We are not in big hurry to sign.

Tract size, location and net interest all have an impact on lease values. The leases that double eagle/enduring as well as devon have paid 700+ an acre for have netted them large acreage blocks quickly making them valuable in a fast paced lease play play like this. A couple of other points the majority of leasing done will be done by brokerage firms working for companies . It does cause confusion when there are also brokers buying on spec to flip. 2nd they royalty is not an ORRI its a lease royalty is proportional to the net acres of the lands covered. An ORRI is not proportionally reduced it is of 8/8ths of the lands the override is under.

I am about 5 mikes due east of Rotan - any ideas what the lease rates in this area are?

You are correct Red D I am used to the ORRI term from my properties in the Permian Basin dealing with buying existing Production Royalties. They are denoted in these terms. Sorry for the error.

I have direct knowledge that the same landman who was offering $250/ac a month ago is now offering $400 for the same parcels. This is in the east half of Fisher Co. Are there bona fide offers exceeding this?

I have minerals in the Bastrop County School Land located in Fisher County. Is there action in this area?

Anybody have an idea about the latest lease terms being offered about 10 miles due West of Roby? Is there a hint of any type of shale play or horizontal drilling activity out there? Also, anybody had any experience with Sojourner out of Abilene?

Same questions as John Moore, but for area about 20 miles Southwest of Roby on Scurry county line.

Thanks for any recent info. I'm a newbie to the Forum, a super resource.

Here is a link to an article talking about leasing in the area that I thought ya'll might like.

http://pbog.zacpubs.com/?p=414

Robert M,

Thank you for the link to the article. It was helpful.

Best information we've received thus far. Thank you, Robert M.

Thanks for the article--it was VERY informative. It will be exciting to watch this development!

Robert M.

Great post that captures feel of players. Much appreciated.

Have to agree with everyone else. This is the best info so far, thank you!