Doddridge County, WV - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

$1,000 is extremely low. Do your homework, talk to neighbors and find out what others were paid. Lots of unethical sharks out there. Get a lawyer who is for the land owner to assist.

Jim, if you mean depletion, it is 15% of the gross royalty amount. If you have any deductions, you need to find out the gross. Some companies spell it out and some seem to try to hide the fact that they are taking deductions.

I am not an accountant but have read the documentation on this.

Can anyone explain to me where you find the information needed to figure out depreciation for the taxes?

is that the parcel or tract number?

i dont know what API is sorry

Charlene, I just read your comment from earlier today where you said they give you the plat number. Might that be the API number? Or is it the tax map and parcel?

Charlene Crutchfield, just wanted to let you know just because they are drilled does not mean you will get a division order. They may not be done with it. I have interest in the OXford 1 which I am getting royality from and also I have interest in the OXFORD 97 that was drilled in 2015, all six wells were drilled when NOBLE had them, they sold out to Antero and they still have NOT been fracked yet. Noble told me they were waiting to prices to go back up before fracking. That was in 2015, now they have sold out and I am not sure when Antero will Frac them. I called Colorado Monday just to check to see if they might know when the fracing will begin, but it takes 5 to 7 business days for them to get back to you. NOW if all your wells are completed along with fracking and it is turned into PRODUCTION then yes I would be wondering too. I got my two other DO about a month before they turned them in line and then we started getting checks about a month after we signed the DOā€¦ Good luck to youā€¦

I need a little help. I called Antereo back in November of 2017 and talked to Susan. She said they were drilling on the the property and that i should call back in January or February of 2018. Husband thought it would be better to wait a couple months longer just to make sure things are progressing ok. Today called Antereo and Susan said that they havent hit oil or anything. When asked if there was anyone we could talk to to find out what is going on with our wells she hem-halled around and said that any info about the drilling would be on the computer. We asked if there was someone else we could contact to get info from she said no anyone else would be working in the field and that was privileged information andcouldnt be given out. HOW THE HECK AM I SUPPOSE TO FIND OUT ANYTHING IF THE INFO IS PRIVILEGED. We own the mineral rights should we be allowed to know whats going on. We asked when the DO orders would be sent and she said not til they hit something. Am i being screwed over or what? I cant get ANY info from anyone there. I left messages on the hotline and they never call back. Can anyone help? Starting to get really Peed here.

thats just it. i dont have the api number cause every time i ask antero for it or any other info i get the run around. the only thing she gave me was the name of the units and the plat number. they wont tell me anything else. just that the info is privilege and shes sorry she cant help more. thats a total load of bull.

Charlene, if you have the tax map district, map number and parcel number, as Arnold said, you can go to this website Doddridge assessorā€™s map site

and choose the district, then the map and parcel number. If you go to the right side and click on Oil and Gas Wells, it will show you where there is a well.

The next part is a little tricky. You can go to the WV Office of Oil and Gas website, a different part than before, to the Oil and Gas map and check all the boxes. Then you can slowly zoom into Doddridge. I randomly selected a somewhat central well: 4701706606 which you can search for. Then slowly zoom out on that map and the other until you can see some landmarks. If you are good at maps, you can find the wells on the first site and find A{I numbers. If it looks like a well goes near on under your land, that might be what you need. However, it is possible that Antero has planned out some units and has that on their own maps, but has not yet even applied for a permit.

The next step would be to do what Arnold suggested. Here is the site

Weekly Report from WV Office of Oil and Gas

That is a lot to do but it will get your result, sooner or later. If you need some help manipulating these sites, please ask. It is possible that I didnā€™t explain things correctly, or that they have changed some things. But it will be interesting at least.

Charlene, do you have the API number for the well, or the permit?

Charlene

Just another instance on how the oil companies work. They will talk to you for months and months until you sign a lease. Then they go tite lipped because they have what they want. Even though you still own the minerals, once you lease them, you are not in control of them. Even though you own them, you may never be able to have a say in whatā€™s going on unless there is no production at the end of the lease. I think this why some folks refrain from leasing but, the company will use litigation to try to pursuade you to sign. Now that they have the ā€œforced pooling billā€, the companies are grinning ear to ear because they got their way.

Instance: The company received a permit to drill in March 2016. They drilled the well and completed it in April of 2017. We received a division order in November 2017. So from the time they got the permit to the time we received a division order it was about 18 months. In that time we never got one call, email, let alone a Christmas card from them. Lol

The API is the permit number. If Antero planned a well, they need a permit from the West Virginia Office of Oil and Gas to start the drilling process. They should be able to give you the API number which will start with ā€œ47ā€ for West Virginia and ā€œ017ā€ for Doddridge, then a 5 digit number that is assigned to that permit. When you have this number (there probably will be more than one permit per unit) you can go to this website WV Office of Oil and Gas Permit search and put the API number in the place for that, and see the status. Before the well can be drilled, there are a number of things like water plan etc that need to be approved. There is a spud date (I think that means when the actual drilling starts). Then when the well is completed and the first production starts there is a completion report. Probably your well has not been completed yet. I suggest call Antero again and ask for the API number or numbers involved with your lease. A lot to keep up with!

so how do i get info about the wells or when i should received the DO orders? having been drilling for 6 months or more i thought id already be receiving the DOā€™s

After they finish drilling and the well goes online it was about 9 months before we received our last division order. The first one was about a year after it was put online. They pay back pay also to get the royalty checks caught up. They will not give out much if any info. We just waited because we knew it would be over a year but, it was like putting money in the bank once they finished. They have 5 years to play with and they consider the mineral rights theirā€™s to do whatever with. Donā€™t sound like something that is fare but itā€™s their way of doing business

You know, Im not the smartest cookie in the cookie jar and half of what yā€™all talk about i dont understand so im just gonna let it go and if i hear from them fine if not was fun thinking about things. thanks for all the help folks.

Charlene donā€™t give up it takes TIMEā€¦ I am getting royality from two pads two different parts of Doddridge County and now waiting on the completion on the Oxford 97. It will come and good luck to you.

What is happening inDoddridge now days?

Chloe,

I agree, 900.00 is Extremely Low!!!

Kyle is fairly active on the site, but you can find him on Google too, he is based in Buckhannon, WV.