Doddridge County, WV - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

. Britton, As requested, Tax Map 5 Parcels 1 and 1.1 are the areas of interest for a mineral purchase.

Sean,

Is the percentage you quoted correct? .36% is about 1/3 of 1%

Sean, if you go to the Doddridge Tax link I put below, and go to the line “Enter District, Map, Parcel and Sub-Parcel” Then choose Central as the district (that is where Yeager Run is), select “5” as the map, “1” as the parcel, and “0” as the sub-parcel you can look up the tax history for this parcel. Do the same for “1” as the sub-parcel to see 1.1.

If you go to the line for “2017” (on my computer it is the bottom line), click on “2017” and you see who is paying the taxes for Map 5 parcel 1. This is maybe just the surface. On the right side of the page, in the middle you see “Book 360” and “Page 151”. You can take this information and go the link for the Doddridge online records, you can put in these values for book and page, and see the deed where this guy was granted the tract. I haven’t looked at it, but you are likely to find a reference to the deed book and page where he obtained it. Search that out, see what you find. Go back as far as you can and you’ll have a start at sorting out the history of this tract.

The odds are that the original deed involving your ancestors is not online, but you might get lucky.

Do the same for the parcel 1.1 and see what you find. This parcel is on the border with Ritchie County, just a little south of where Tyler County is. Look at the map at the top of the page for this group, see the red county (Doddridge). Look directly west, that is Ritchie. Look northwest, that is Tyler. Find the area where they all come together, and your tract is one tract south of that place. I have a service where I can view this, but there is an interactive map on the Doddridge county assessor’s office

site where you can see the tax maps. They want you to order a copy from them, this is fair I think. It is very interesting. If you click on Layers “Oil and Gas Wells” it will show you wells. It does not tell you what they are. This is when you need to compare maps,

to copy from my post recently:

If you go the West Virginia Office of Oil and Gas map search site

and put in 01706772

you will see that it runs through Yeager Run.

Look at that, on the map in that link, then compare the area to the tax map. It should give you an idea of what is going on in the general area.

Sean, In the past I have signed three leases with Chad, all three (found out later) that I did not have leasing rights, i had Non Participating rights only, meaning that if partials drilled I would receive Royalty but Had no leasing rights. Tells me that Chad did not do his home work, be careful with him.

Glenard, search for every possible name for your relatives in the database that Nancy gave to you. If you didn’t know it was there, then there are others who very well have banked on that and filed documents to try to obtain them. =(

I was so depressed after being stuck in a lawsuit for nearly 3 years to get back my little big of DC MR, I haven’t been on here much. Stephanie’s post dated August 15th is an interesting one. How can the county generate a tax bill for mineral rights that no form of payment has ever been made to the owner? If the owner does not cash the check, then how is it deemed that payment is made. If payment has not been made, then how can taxes be billed?

Bottom line is land and MR don’t duplicate themselves.

Folks try to transfer ownership, but what they don’t understand is that unless there is a legal transfer, JUST LIKE A LAND/HOME transfer, it isn’t changed. C/O on your tax bill means it is NOT yours! It still belongs to the other person who has their name on the tax bill.

Sorry…end rant

Yes, 2,500.00 / NMA is low. I would hand you that in cash without a second thought.

Considering the small percentage you own, I would expect 4,500.00(ish) per net mineral acre

It was made by Antero Resources Corporation

too need some knowledge. We were just notified that we have ownership of 00.02817 net mineral acres and are being offered 200.00 for a 5 year lease plus 15% royalty rate return. Given the fact that their are 92 heirs I need to see if this is a good price in West Union District, Doddridge County West Virginia

Thank you for the information. I really do appreciate it.

Hi Dawn, I saw your name in the Doddridge records. Your modification is to Antero. Since they have an interest in the lease, it probably is valid. You could ask them about what well or wells is /are currently on the property and who is operating the well/wells.

You can search the Doddridge online records and see if you can trace the lease mentioned. I managed to get it to Chesterfield Energy in 1983 in LB 128 page 681, listing it as the Gibson Lease. There were a number of references on that lease, I didn’t check any further.

There is probably an old well from this era that is still producing. Probably someone is being paid, but Antero might be able to get you in touch with the right people to ask about that.

Keith,

Who has made the offer? In my opinion, even with that small of a percentage, it is a low offer.

Of all the operators, they would be my first choice to do business with. Attempt to base the royalty on Gross, not Net and take the lower offer.

Good Luck

I went online to the doddridge county courthouse to see what my name was on. When my father died I sent in the affidavit that showed I was his heir to make sure everything was transferred into my name. However, now that so much information is online, I looked and there is only 1 document in my name besides the affidavit itself. How do leases get reassigned or how do they know who they belong to or who should be getting paid for royalties? or how do we know if the leases, most in my grandmothers name, are still valid or not?

I guess I’m just confused as to what I pay taxes on and what leases are valid and in my name. I looked at my grandparents names and they used their middle names on everything instead of their first names… so if they transferred things they found according to the death certificate it wouldn’t match. For example, my grandpa used E. Paul Gibson, Paul Gibson and Edwin Paul Gibson. so I can see why things get missed… my grandma did the same thing, Mary Edythe Gibson, Edythe Gibson and Edyhte Gibson. I can see why people pull their hair out doing genealogy lol

Agree on the frustration for genealogy research!

I think the best thing you can do is to research what you can in the Doddridge records, with the relatives you know about. Also see what you pay taxes on. And what you are getting paid for (royalty money). Try to match up things. A big job. I can’t think of an easy way to do this. And remember, the Doddridge online records are incomplete. Some of the older records are only available in the courthouse.

Are there documents showing the link from your grandparents to your father? And, about the various names, I have seen affidavits filed stating that so and so was also know by another name, and these are indexed both ways. Might be helpful for your family.

Dawn search all of your family members who may have ever been associated don’t discount any new posts. My grandpa died in 1983 but he rose from the dead in 2013 and cashed a royalty check. My cousins step grandmother died in 1986 and cashed a royalty check in 2014. Theimtrests were sold at auction because they didn’t pay the taxes on the royalties. It was NOT Antero but another large fish. So don’t discount anything w their name on it! I’m going to message you.

Hi everyone, Haven’t been on here for awhile. My Mother has started receiving checks, but it’s barely nothing. Her brother signed before seeing an attorney, so please, make sure you see an attorney to negotiate rates, etc before signing. Also, I have lost the website from the county assessor’s office, could someone be so kind and throw me a link? TY.

Cyn W.

Cindy Wofe, here is Link to Doddridge online records

from the County Clerk’s office.

Here is the Doddridge Sheriff’s tax Office site

If you mean the Assessor’s office, I don’t have a link for that.